Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
showmasters

AN EVENING WITH MARTIN AND CHARLIE SHEEN

Recommended Posts

An Evening with Martin and Charlie Sheen

Sat 7.30pm

A 1 hour talk with Hollywood Legends Martin and Charlie Sheen talking candidly about their careers illustrated with video material. This will be followed by a 30 minute Q & A.
You will also receive a limited edition print - exclusive to this session.

***Please note this is not a meet and greet and there will be no photo or autograph opportunities. 

This session does not require a separate admission to LFCC

Tickets available now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both Sheens DPs were to much for me, but cant wait to see them at the talk :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never been to an evening talk before, very excited for this thank you showmasters! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice.

Mmmm if I get there 90 minutes early I may be in front row. So hopefully a kind of line is signposted early so we know who is first in line.

As a few talks over the last few years have descended into maddness sadly. The evening Game of Thrones one 2 years back I was there hours early easily first there, asked countless staff and no one knew a thing sadly. 

Still ended up no where near front as there ended up about 6 lines at other points they let in first. 

So please can someone pass on clear line areas for people to stand at. Please :-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, RomeroSavini said:

Nice.

Mmmm if I get there 90 minutes early I may be in front row. So hopefully a kind of line is signposted early so we know who is first in line.

As a few talks over the last few years have descended into maddness sadly. The evening Game of Thrones one 2 years back I was there hours early easily first there, asked countless staff and no one knew a thing sadly. 

Still ended up no where near front as there ended up about 6 lines at other points they let in first. 

So please can someone pass on clear line areas for people to stand at. Please :-)

I would second this. I was at the DS9 documentary screening at DST last year and the exact same thing happened. Admittedly this was organised by NEC staff not Showmasters people but Organisation would really be the key here. I expect it’ll be run by Showmasters people though so therefore it should be OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to decide if I want to do this. I love Martin but am less than indifferent to Charlie as a whole. And I really don't need to spend more money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It did say Sunday which was incorrect so has presumably been fixed, they haven't changed the day don't worry, it's still Saturday night

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It says 19:30 here but 7pm on the tickets.

Which is the right time.

I've got a shoot near the end of the day and trying to work out if I've got enough time to get the train back to my hotel which is only one stop, shower and change and be back up.in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 6:30 PM, showmasters said:

An Evening with Martin and Charlie Sheen

Sat 7.30pm

A 1 hour talk with Hollywood Legends Martin and Charlie Sheen talking candidly about their careers illustrated with video material. This will be followed by a 30 minute Q & A.
You will also receive a limited edition print - exclusive to this session.

***Please note this is not a meet and greet and there will be no photo or autograph opportunities. 

This session does not require a separate admission to LFCC

Tickets available now

Seeing as this was the first time for evening talk. 

Loved martin and charlie:D.

However...probably due to certain circumstances we don't know...

It did not start until 8pm And it did end at 9pm. So the 1hour talk followed by 30 min q&a turned into a total of 1 hour talk plus q&a. So 30 min less than advertised.

Second...i did remember seeing something about getting something...did'nt know what...but saw it just above. 

The limited edition print exclusive to this session. Don't know where they are. But i don't think anyone did get them this evening.

 

So just saying. The evening with martin and charly was lovely , but it could have been handled better. And we all did pay for an hour and a half,we would very much liked to have had 90 min instead of just an hour. It was to short:crying:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. Martin and Charlie were great. Very nice and very interesting. They both couldn't have been any better.

However the organising of this event was a mess. People not being told where to queue. Then this being changed about 5 times. We didn't actually start going to our seats until 7.50 ish. And then as said above the talk ended at least half hour early.

Martin at the end stopped to shake people's hands but was dragged off by security. It seemed to me they would have both stayed for longer but weren't allowed.

I totally forgot about the 'free' print...which wasnt given out.

A great once in a lifetime talk let down by poor organising and being cut short. We paid for 1.5 hours but it was actually less than an hour.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll find out about the prints and post where they can be collected. 

I've only been at the Back to the future Talk years ago and there the prints were given out at the exit. It was easy to miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The talk itself was wonderful. I think the Sheens were both great and seemed to be in a good mood and enjoying themselves. I thought the interviewer/moderator was great as well.

However, as others said, we paid for a 90 minute event and only got 60 mins. 

There was no info about where to queue and the staff had no clue. I finally found it after walking all the way around the building.

I can deal with standing outside waiting for over an hour, but like I said, I think it’s a real shame these two legends only got an hour on stage. Who knows if they will ever do a live talk together again.

Thanks Showmasters for bringing them over at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I'll find out about the prints and post where they can be collected. 

I've only been at the Back to the future Talk years ago and there the prints were given out at the exit. It was easy to miss.

Thanks. But i don,t think i can collect them anymore. Going home tomorrow and not in the vicinity today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Naboo79 said:

The talk itself was wonderful. I think the Sheens were both great and seemed to be in a good mood and enjoying themselves. I thought the interviewer/moderator was great as well.

However, as others said, we paid for a 90 minute event and only got 60 mins. 

There was no info about where to queue and the staff had no clue. I finally found it after walking all the way around the building.

I can deal with standing outside waiting for over an hour, but like I said, I think it’s a real shame these two legends only got an hour on stage. Who knows if they will ever do a live talk together again.

Thanks Showmasters for bringing them over at least.

Agreed, whilst great thanks for getting them for what was a funny and enlightening look into their family dynamic, I was so disappointed the talk was cut by a third, no explanation, no one letting us know why we waited outside for an hour in the queues. If we only paid for 2/3's for a photo shoot or autograph there would be an issue from Showmasters but it seems different when the situation is the other way around. There was enough representation from the organizers in the room for an explanation or apology or something. I know things are hectic at events but that's not an excuse. The room had been vacated after the Ian Whyte talk ended at 6.00pm so presumably not an issue, it was either guest delayed due to extended photo shoots, in which case not enough time has been allocated or guests were taking a break after the photo/signing obligations and again not enough time factored in. Did anyone see the elusive prints? I walked out with a large group and none of us received or saw anything, but if there was a photo available, would it have taken long for a member of staff to inform the audience where to collect them from on their way out. Or if it was a guest delay could they not have been given out on the way in? The people I spoke to seemed a little peeved that we had been short changed/timed and this may have clouded the photo pick up but these are lessons that need to be addressed at some point. I had a great day and think this is my eleventh LFCC in a row, in what is becoming an annual pilgrimage but cant help feeling a little short changed.

 

12 hours ago, Lemon said:

Thanks. But i don,t think i can collect them anymore. Going home tomorrow and not in the vicinity today

Same, are Showmasters going to post them as way of compensating the audience for the missing segment, would be a nice gesture.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the show is all dismantled and debriefed the organisers will have a look at the feedback and hopefully some of the points in here may be clarified. None of the “mod squad” attended this evening event I’m afraid so it’s difficult for us to comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly as I mentioned earlier in this thread, the late talk just seems to not be smooth for us in line, any line, if we even find out where to line.

It is a shame it has happened again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So....

The Sheen talk was absolutely brilliant and it was great to see the interplay and chemistry between the two as they shared aspects of their personal lives and careers - so big thanks to Showmasters for making this happen - it truly was special and I loved all 60ish minutes of it.  HOWEVER.........

After having ordered this talk many months before-hand it was both surprising and disappointing that no-one that either myself or my wife spoke to (inc when we picked up our tickets on Thursday) actually knew anything concrete about where we were meant to queue.  We were left under the impression that we would have to leave the main events hall and re-queue from outside BUT after inquiring at the Sales Desk, the Info Desk and various Blue & Red shirts as to where we would have to queue,  the typical response was "we don't know yet" OR "it is still being worked out". 

Eventually at about 6:50 a helpful red shirt (at the Info Desk) advised that I would need to queue outside the Pillar Entrance door, a Tanoy announcement was made a few minutes later.  Finally confirmation - excellent!  When I got to the Pillar door there was about 5 or 6 other people waiting there.  I was well chuffed, I managed to get myself away early enough from (the very late in the day) Iain McDiarmid photo shoot and would still get a decent front row seat (probably).  After a reasonable queue had started to form a member of staff approached us all and said "why are you all queuing here?!  We replied with the rather obvious - "we were told to queue here and....... because this is where the door is!"

We were then told "No" we should be queuing up at another entrance that was behind us all, incidentally he pointed to the door where many of us had collected our Entrance tickets and Diamond Passes on Thursday no less.  So the entire queue promptly about turned and made for the other door.  Unfortunately this also meant that the back of the queue was now the front of the queue - oh joy!  About 5mins later the same staff member approached the queue again and said "Sorry, they've changed their mind again - you have to all queue back down at the other door again!"

Haha - as you can imagine this made us all very happy (especially when at that very moment it also started to rain).  Granted he tried his best to maintain queue order - but really C'mon?

Now I've since heard a few rumors about how it was actually NEC and not Showmasters that were calling the shots and the decisions being made about queuing BUT ultimately, from a paying audience members perspective, that shouldn't really matter.  We paid for a 90min experience with a limited edition print.  We got a 60ish min experience and no limited edition print.  Many people, myself included, forgot about the "exclusive print" as there was more of a focus about telling us to remain in our seats while Martin and Charlie left the stage.

Ultimately this simply reveals a lack of organisation and most importantly a lack of communication between the relevant parties concerned and unfortunately it is the Showmasters volunteers who are made to bear the brunt of this - which is simply not fair on them as they can only work with the information they are given (assuming they are given it).

17 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I'll find out about the prints and post where they can be collected. 

Now that the show has ended and there has been no updates as yet regards the "limited edition print" I trust that our address details can be used by Showmasters and possibly be pulled from our EventBrite account?

Ever hopeful..

Darth-Marximus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Darth-Marximus said:

 

Now that the show has ended and there has been no updates as yet regards the "limited edition print" I trust that our address details can be used by Showmasters and possibly be pulled from our EventBrite account?

Ever hopeful..

Darth-Marximus

It ended a few hours ago and everyone from Showmasters will still be at the event working hard to pack it up, get all the guests home safely and deal with closing everything down, it will take them a few days to get back to the office and start dealing with things.  Queen will pass it on to the office and will update people when she has some news, but it's probably not going to happen immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...