AN EVENING WITH MARTIN AND CHARLIE SHEEN

Agree with everyone's comments about the Sheen talk itself being great. They were both funny and insightful, and it was a privilege to get to see them on stage together. The experience of getting into the talk, lack of communication about where to go, queueing for an hour, talk only being an hour long, lack of the limited edition print (which I completely forgot about at the time) are all disappointing parts of an otherwise great experience. I understand that as it was Saturday and it was mega busy that some things didn't run exactly to plan, but hopefully these things can be improved for future events (and it'd be nice if our prints could be posted to us).

I wasn't at this so I can't comment specifically but in terms of feedback to help Showmasters I'll say this. I feared this queueing/lack of organisation would happen (see my post above pre-con) and was sadly proven correct after similar experiences at 2 other Showmasters events for post con shows. I wasnt the only one either. RomenoSavini expressed similar fears. I know it is hard but if these events are to continue then basic information on where to queue and queue management simply has to improve. It seems that lessons are not being learned from previous shows which all had plenty of rational, accurate feedback. It is a real shame as most of the organisation at the con itself is first class 

Edited by Ravogd
  • Sad 1

I attend this evening talk with Charlie Sheen and Martin Sheen . the talk itself was fantastic to listen to these two Hollywood legends talk about their movie and tv careers family was a special moment they were interesting inciteful and very funny and to his credit Charlie was honest about his problems during two and a half men and was great to see him  sober and in great health as well. however it was disappointing it was cut to an hour and we didn't get the exclusive print either . and as for the organisation it was terrible i was told 6 different thing when i got outside they move the queue 3 times and then started late hence cutting the talk this should be far more professionally organised from the start. however i do hope they have more talks like this again at LFCC because even just listening to these 2 hollywood legends was worth the entrance alone

• Sad 1

On 7/28/2019 at 7:53 AM, Queen_Sindel said:

I'll find out about the prints and post where they can be collected. 

I've only been at the Back to the future Talk years ago and there the prints were given out at the exit. It was easy to miss.

Hi QS. Is there any update on the poster from the talk. Thank you. 

4 hours ago, Ribbleblue said:

Hi QS. Is there any update on the poster from the talk. Thank you. 

If she had an update she would have posted it. Remember the office is still busy and won’t get back to normal for a while yet as they have Sheffield this week and Glasgow the next so it might take them a while to get back to her.

The office came back on Wednesday and is still working through stuff.

Just so all of our newbies are aware:  StuartG and I are both voluteers and do not work in the SM office. The location in my profile is correct, I am not even in the UK. It's not as easy that we can walk over in another room and ask "what's going on?" 

Also we were at LFCC as attendees. We help out at the show when we can, but it's not as simple that we can walk backstage and yell for Jason, TooTall or someone else who can answer our questions. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...