Am I the only one who has noticed that with the Film & TV guests .

...That there is a rather large imbalance between Male & Female guests. At the moment of posting there are 45 Male Film & TV guests compared to only 14 Female.

Please don't get me wrong this is a great line up but I don't think that I have noticed such an imbalance before in all the years that I have been going to the L.F.C.C. & Collectormania.

I have not included Wrestlers & Authors because I have no interest in these guests (that sounds a bit rude, I do apologize to people who do have a keen interest in these guests).

• Moderators

Honestly I couldn't care less personally. Not saying that in a rude way but I meet guests because I enjoy their roles and their acting rather than whether they're male or female, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just want them to get good guests and not worry about some balance.

• Like 5

Honestly I couldn't care less personally. Not saying that in a rude way but I meet guests because I enjoy their roles and their acting rather than whether they're male or female, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just want them to get good guests and not worry about some balance.

Same its not about a ratio its about people you enjoy. Maybe it just shows that guys are given more memorable roles then women. Or they feel more comfortable in a convention setting

Guess you are the only one to have noticed this because I think people really don't pay careful of the gender of guests they meet honestly, it's just "I like so I meet" :)

Edited by Aurele

That's a very interesting statistic one that I've never really noticed before until you pointed it out.

How ever have you ever stopped to think about that in some major films they are lacking lead female roles ? Take for example Lord of the Rings there are only 3 lead female roles in ALL 3 films ! And if I remember rightly there are only 4 female speaking parts ( sorry 5 if you include the little girl on the horse ) and believe it or not Sam's wife Rosie Cotton doesn't even speak ! . Even say the original Star Wars trilogy there's very few female speaking roles may be this has something to do with it ?

And just for balance sake Doctor Who had more female companions than male :whistling:

Your issue may be with Tolkien rather than the movie trilogy as Peter Jackson would have wanted to stay pretty close to the source material. He did attempt to redress the balance with the addition of Evangeline Lilly's character in the Hobbit movies though...

It's very much to do with Tolkien than it is to do with Peter Jackson. That said, I do love LoTR and don't really care which characters are male or female because I'm into the story itself.

It does, however, spectacularly fail the Bechdel test.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We're severely lacking on that front. A part from Famke Janssen and I suppose Laurie Holden (I class her more as a TV actress) we don't seem to have that many. Not after big guests just actresses who have been in a few awesome films each like Jenny Wright, Jill Whitlow, Michelle Burke, Jami Gertz or Lori Singer for example.

Edited by Kuato_Lives

What's the obsession with the guests' genders? They're attending LFCC on the basis of the TV shows and movies that they've appeared in, not because of their gender, and presumably that's also why you're meeting them. I want to meet all of the Firefly cast, not just Gina, Morena, Jewel and Summer.

• Like 3

there still time for a few more announcements... we all know girls stereotypically take forever to get ready to go out... maybe they are just being fashionably late with their RSVP

Walking a dangerous road there buddy!

Very true lol. Sorry had just watched some mock the week... think the sattire rubbed off on me a bit!

I don't personally care what genders the guest are - good guests are good guests! Though I am still gutted about Bex cancelling