Latest Guest Announcement - SIGOURNEY WEAVER

Is something going to be done about this????

EDIT: I've removed the link for obvious reasons but SOME ONE has put their frickin diamond pass for Sigourney on ebay?

*Breathes deeply*

Yes, we noticed, and yes, someone's on it. It's a pretty long list this week again unfortunately.

If you notice something like this dropping me a line or dropping SM a line gets things on the way much faster... with all these questions in here chances are it's not getting caught.

Thanks for everything you do QS :) glad someone is on it x

• Like 1

EDIT: I've removed the link for obvious reasons but SOME ONE has put their frickin diamond pass for Sigourney on ebay?

*Breathes deeply*

For double the price!

Is it possible that since this is a popular once in a lifetime guest that you could order autographs beforehand?

I know it doesn't work like this but surely there must be something for a guest like Mrs Weaver?

As not being guaranteed an autograph isn't much good.

Can nothing be done?

I have no idea why it doesn't seem to be the case here. The one time it was done (Jeri Ryan) it was announced with the guest announcement.

I am collecting all info and passing it on to the office to be answered. There are some things I just can't answer, and I don't know when I will have a reply.

There were pre-booked autograph tickets for Matt Smith a few years back too as I had some :)

And this would be an excellent idea - I pre ordered Matt Smith and Jeri Ryan autos when they were in the shop.

Sigourney's autograph is available for pre-order on the online shop (showmasterssales.com/homepage/prod_3905540-Sigourney-Weaver-Alien-Image-B-10x8-Pre-Order-Photo-LFCC.html) £5 more, and takes the stress out of trying to meet her at the event. Personally, i'm going to try my luck and hopefully meet her in person.

• Like 1

Sigourney's autograph is available for pre-order on the online shop (showmasterssales.com/homepage/prod_3905540-Sigourney-Weaver-Alien-Image-B-10x8-Pre-Order-Photo-LFCC.html) £5 more, and takes the stress out of trying to meet her at the event. Personally, i'm going to try my luck and hopefully meet her in person.

Looking at the 10x8 photo options that are available to pre-order is it reasonable to say that if I am meeting the person instead then they will have ALL these options (and perhaps more - assuming none sell out) to choose from at the table? I was considering buying what I wanted for Sigourney before the event however if the table has the same options as the pre-order store then I may leave it? Thanks.

Looking at the 10x8 photo options that are available to pre-order is it reasonable to say that if I am meeting the person instead then they will have ALL these options (and perhaps more - assuming none sell out) to choose from at the table? I was considering buying what I wanted for Sigourney before the event however if the table has the same options as the pre-order store then I may leave it? Thanks.

Depends on your definition of reasonable. ;)

The table should have the same options mostly, yes. But she's going to be popular, so I am really not taking any bets on how long any image will last.

• Like 1

*Breathes deeply*

Yes, we noticed, and yes, someone's on it. It's a pretty long list this week again unfortunately.

If you notice something like this dropping me a line or dropping SM a line gets things on the way much faster... with all these questions in here chances are it's not getting caught.

what's the craic, is it not allowed to sell tickets yourself? what happens if something comes up and you can't attend etc?

• Like 1

what's the craic, is it not allowed to sell tickets yourself? what happens if something comes up and you can't attend etc?

No, you can't. Tickets are non-refundable and can't be transferred. We've been through this in a couple of other threads already. It's always been that way.

• Like 1

Ohhh mann. Must meet Sigourney...

Diamond pass is still out of my price league and I don't like Photoshoots, so I need to get an AUTO!

Chime in guys - I'll be early and organised on the Saturday, but what can I do to improve my chances of getting a queue ticket for her?

• Do I get entry tickets for the Sunday just incase I have to come back and try again?
  • Do I stretch to a Gold pass? It's still expensive for me, but it sounds like a bit more of a guarantee of meeting these guests as you don't need Virtual queue tickets
  • Can I get a Gold Pass for just one day of the event (I was only planning on being there Saturday)
  • Diamond pass guests (Sigourney, Bill Paxton, Chris Lloyd etc.) apparently require VQ tickets even for Gold Pass holders - so there might not be much point in a Gold pass

No, you can't. Tickets are non-refundable and can't be transferred. We've been through this in a couple of other threads already. It's always been that way.

don't see how they can enforce that though, unless they ask for ID as well as the ticket when you're going in.

i have no objections to someone selling an item if it turns out they can't go etc, but i loathe people who bulk buy concert tickets etc purely for the purposed of ripping fans off by selling them at double price.

• Moderators

*Breathes deeply*

The T&Cs do state tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable

Diamond pass is still out of my price league and I don't like Photoshoots, so I need to get an AUTO!

Chime in guys - I'll be early and organised on the Saturday, but what can I do to improve my chances of getting a queue ticket for her?

• Do I get entry tickets for the Sunday just incase I have to come back and try again?
  • Do I stretch to a Gold pass? It's still expensive for me, but it sounds like a bit more of a guarantee of meeting these guests as you don't need Virtual queue tickets
  • Can I get a Gold Pass for just one day of the event (I was only planning on being there Saturday)
  • Diamond pass guests (Sigourney, Bill Paxton, Chris Lloyd etc.) apparently require VQ tickets even for Gold Pass holders - so there might not be much point in a Gold pass

You can use the pre order auto service if you want to guarantee an auto - It's about £5 more expensive, but you won't get to meet her.

As others have said, if you get there early, go straight to her queue and get a VQ ticket and stay until you get through (if your ticket is one of those that get's through) then you should be ok, however it's not guaranteed. If you want the surety of getting to meet her and getting through without the Diamond pass, and without hoping you'll be able to get through the next day, then you would need to get the Gold.

As far as I am aware the Gold pass covers the whole event, you can't buy a 1 day gold pass.. As far it's been stated if you have a Gold pass you do not need a VQ to meet a diamond guest unless it specifically says you do. It currently says you may in case they do apply that to any of the guests. It will be stated in their info if this is the case - it's not so far. A Gold pass just allows you to join the back of the queue, so you don't need a VQ and can join at any time but you can't go to the front of the queue.

I hope that helps.

• Like 2

You can use the pre order auto service if you want to guarantee an auto - It's about £5 more expensive, but you won't get to meet her.

As others have said, if you get there early, go straight to her queue and get a VQ ticket and stay until you get through (if your ticket is one of those that get's through) then you should be ok, however it's not guaranteed. If you want the surety of getting to meet her and getting through without the Diamond pass, and without hoping you'll be able to get through the next day, then you would need to get the Gold.

As far as I am aware the Gold pass covers the whole event, you can't buy a 1 day gold pass.. As far it's been stated if you have a Gold pass you do not need a VQ to meet a diamond guest unless it specifically says you do. It currently says you may in case they do apply that to any of the guests. It will be stated in their info if this is the case - it's not so far. A Gold pass just allows you to join the back of the queue, so you don't need a VQ and can join at any time but you can't go to the front of the queue.

I hope that helps.

That's very helpful, thank you!

I've bought entry for the Sunday aswell and I'm now deliberating upgrading my 2 days entry to Gold. I may well end up just risking it and heading for the queues on both days. I've never come away from a SM event disappointed yet (even though up until this year I've only bought entry on the door and never booked anything in advance), but I do appreciate it's getting bigger and busier every year. Wish me luck!

*Breathes deeply*

I understand this and agree but how does the non-transferable work if I have bought a ticket for me and a friend? Has me a little worrid now

• Moderators

*Breathes deeply*

I understand this and agree but how does the non-transferable work if I have bought a ticket for me and a friend? Has me a little worrid now

That won't be a problem, do you mean photoshoot tickets?

You mean you are worried cause both tickets are in your name? You're not exactly transferring that ticket, you're in line together. That is not an issue at all.

There's several topics asking the very same or a slight variation on it on page 1 and 2 of this forum, and we confirmed that in each and every one. :lol:

BRILLIANT! One of my wishes! Photo shoot with Power Loader booked for Sunday! Can't wait. Will try and get her auto too. Defo makes up for Lena Headey not being there this year! (And doubt she will)

Until Sigourney was announced, I'd decided not to go this Summer, but this quickly changed my mind - no brainier really!

YIPPEE!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I asked as have many others questions along these lines regarding the gold pass. As it currently stands, MJF is the ONLY diamond guest where you cannot get an autograph from and so far all the other diamond guests, weaver, paxton, lloyd etc will all be VQT as usual so i think so far if you have a gold pass then you can join their queues at anytime like you normally would. if SM decide to change this closer to the event and say that you MUST have a VQT for these other 3 BIG guests then that will make the gold pass pretty pointless in my opinion, so i think until or unless they say otherwise, the gold pass will be as it usually is for ALL guests...apart from MJF.

I asked as have many others questions along these lines regarding the gold pass. As it currently stands, MJF is the ONLY diamond guest where you cannot get an autograph from and so far all the other diamond guests, weaver, paxton, lloyd etc will all be VQT as usual so i think so far if you have a gold pass then you can join their queues at anytime like you normally would. if SM decide to change this closer to the event and say that you MUST have a VQT for these other 3 BIG guests then that will make the gold pass pretty pointless in my opinion, so i think until or unless they say otherwise, the gold pass will be as it usually is for ALL guests...apart from MJF.

Stuart and I have already posted a couple of times over the last few days now that we've requested confirmation from SM to come on and confirm the system for Gold Pass holders for the Diamond Guests.

We can only post what our understanding at this point is and there's too much confusion at this point.

• Like 2