Latest Guest Announcement - SIGOURNEY WEAVER

Just a question about photo shoots as never done one before. Both me and my brother wanted to do the Sigourney photo shoot but because of the price can only afford one. Are you allowed two pepole on the same photo or even if you do you still need to buy two photo shoot tickets or one.

Anyone else think there are too many guest and too many big guests. Just totted up how much I would need to spend to guarantee meeting all the people I would want to and its in the thousands. Think this just means you have to ration yourself and will ultimately be dissapointed you didn't get to meet everyone you wanted to. Kinda glad im not going this year - think ill stick to smaller cons.

Also - after last years debacle with 1 huge guest im not convinced this isn't going to be a disaster again with all these.

Anyone else think there are too many guest and too many big guests. Just totted up how much I would need to spend to guarantee meeting all the people I would want to and its in the thousands. Think this just means you have to ration yourself and will ultimately be dissapointed you didn't get to meet everyone you wanted to. Kinda glad im not going this year - think ill stick to smaller cons.

Also - after last years debacle with 1 huge guest im not convinced this isn't going to be a disaster again with all these.

Personally, its all very subjective. Up until a week ago I was only going for Lea Thompson and was hard pressed to find anyone else whom I consider a must want - then with the inclusion of Michaelan Sisti, Robert Watts, Sigourney Weaver and of course Dave Barclay I now have FIVE valid reasons to come to this event.

If I remember correctly last year there was Stan Lee in one building and the rest in the other think that this year with everyone being under the same roof I feel it will be a much better Fanfriendly affair :)

#KeeptheFaith

Just a question about photo shoots as never done one before. Both me and my brother wanted to do the Sigourney photo shoot but because of the price can only afford one. Are you allowed two pepole on the same photo or even if you do you still need to buy two photo shoot tickets or one.

You can both be in the photo however you will both need to have photo tickets I'm afraid

Some people's comments really are beyond belief. If you're not going to the show and you're not interested in it then please don't bother to post negative remarks just to try and spoil other people's enjoyment and the organisers hard work of putting it all together.

• Like 2

Yes the prices for Sigourney and MJF are very high. But if you want big names then it doesn't come cheap. I would never dream of paying that for 1 guest as my whole con budget is normally £200 but it is Sigourney and someone I am excited to meet.

• Like 2

Really sorry QS if been asked on forum and if wrong Fred but thanks to this great guest I'm interested in updateing to a gold pass but I already bought a weekend pass can I update and pay the difference?

If you email the store with your order details and query this with them, they will be able to advise on this.

Thank you, still debating. cash tight so still trying to work out the risk for missing out on her autograph and how much gold pass would lessen the risk of missing out. Even debating to see if any of you lovely people with a diamond pass would be willing to let me use one of your 5 item slots lol (pay obviously)

• Moderators

Really sorry QS if been asked on forum and if wrong Fred but thanks to this great guest I'm interested in updateing to a gold pass but I already bought a weekend pass can I update and pay the difference?

If you email the store with your order details and query this with them, they will be able to advise on this.

Thank you, still debating. cash tight so still trying to work out the risk for missing out on her autograph and how much gold pass would lessen the risk of missing out. Even debating to see if any of you lovely people with a diamond pass would be willing to let me use one of your 5 item slots lol (pay obviously)

I would say having a good pass will definitely improve your chances however, as QS has posted if you're there early enough and go straight to her signing area for a VT and are going to be there all day you stand a good chance as well.

• Like 2

£95 !!!! Realy ??? Some of us are on minimum wage you know and can't afford this. :thumbdown:

Then don't pay it. A-list guests come with huge fees. Do you really think they could get someone like her and only charge £20 or something? Unrealistic. Personally I think it's actually quite reasonable and was expecting it to be more based on what it's cost at other events she's done. Unfortunately not everyone can afford it and each person has to make a decision on whether they think it's reasonable and can afford it.

Meeting any of the guests at these events is a luxury and one that comes at a cost. I'm only meeting 4 so far and two of those are repeats that I could leave to another time if I need to. Sigourney has taken up most of the money I would set aside for this event and I'm hoping there's no one else added I might want. We all have our own circumstances and have to manage within that but there's no-way they could make it any different in this case and that means a lot of people will be unable to meet her, that's just the reality of guests of this stature.

Edited by Rockstar6662
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Hi, I don't know if this has been asked already, but do I stand a chance of getting a autograph from sigourney ?. I'm attending all 3 days on standard entry but I can't afford the diamond pass

Have a look just above at post 315 :) hopefully this will answer your question.

I would say having a good pass will definitely improve your chances however, as QS has posted if you're there early enough and go straight to her signing area for a VT and are going to be there all day you stand a good chance as well.
But what if you have a photoshoot coming up when your standing in the que waiting to get a autograph how will that work Edited by Pinhead1987

• Moderators

But what if you have a photoshoot how will that work

How do you mean? If you mean how will you get an autograph and a photo done it works as follows.

For non diamond pass holders the advice is as per earlier in this post get there early and be prepared to be around for the day.

In terms of photo shoots this will work like the others Diamonds first followed by batches 1,2 etc

How do you mean? If you mean how will you get an autograph and a photo done it works as follows.

For non diamond pass holders the advice is as per earlier in this post get there early and be prepared to be around for the day.

In terms of photo shoots this will work like the others Diamonds first followed by batches 1,2 etc

oh sorry i messed up there when typing lol i meant when your standing in the que waiting to get a autograph and you have a photoshoot coming up how will that work because it would suck queing up for ages and then having to leave for a photoshoot and then joining the very back of the que again.

But what if you have a photoshoot coming up when your standing in the que waiting to get a autograph how will that work

If you're close to a photoshoot time the solution is simply: don't get in line. ;)

If you're in line and for some reason it takes longer (guest going on a quick break etc.) let the crew member at the entrance know. Usually they'll let you back in.

• Like 1

oh sorry i messed up there when typing lol i meant when your standing in the que waiting to get a autograph and you have a photoshoot coming up how will that work because it would suck queing up for ages and then having to leave for a photoshoot and then joining the very back of the que again.

If your VQ number has come up for the person, you can come at any time to get your auto after that, just don't leave it last minute is all.

So leaving for a photoshoot, should not be a problem.

• Like 1

Sigourney will be very busy. But no one has said she will be too busy. It just can't be guaranteed. The blurb has been added in this case because more and more attendees kept showing up in the afternoon and then got upset because their VQ ticket numbers were insanely high, or in some cases the VQ tickets had run out.

• Like 1