Latest Guest Announcement - SIGOURNEY WEAVER

I'm going with a positive attitude in that IF I see her it'll be a bonus and hoping for the best

So out of curiosity what is everyone planning on getting signed by Sigourney?

Considering I only have Dan Aykroyd on my Ghostbusters DVD and theres no chance of completing it now :(

And the fact that I met both RIdley Scott and HR. Giger at the same prem - I'm going to get her on ALien.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I'm definitely set on an 8x10 from Alien but would quite like something else as well, I've got the anthology Blu Ray set which I'd like her to sign the box but I'd really like something that will keep with time that I can pass down one day and I just don't think a Blu Ray will.

I loved Galaxy Quest but equally love the alien films so would kick myself if I didn't get her on something alien-y

Got a Alien 3 multi/media presentation ticket from odeon marble arch in 1992 already signed by Charles dance will get this signed as i do not fancy carrying around my xenomorph statue all day

• Like 1

She's the last Nostromo crew member that I need in my Alien Screenplay book (quite fitting), so I will get her in that (hopefully) and one of only four that I need to complete my Aliens Screenplay book (Colette Hiller, Paul Reiser and Cynthia Scott being the others - hint, hint).

If there was a credit card machine at her desk there would no doubt be a few more being purchased ;)

I'm definitely set on an 8x10 from Alien but would quite like something else as well, I've got the anthology Blu Ray set which I'd like her to sign the box but I'd really like something that will keep with time that I can pass down one day and I just don't think a Blu Ray will.

You should pick up the Alien Archive book and gradually add to it from show to show.

• Like 1

I am really undecided what to get signed. Unlike a lot of fans I am not an Alien fan, but loved her in Copycat so am thinking maybe something from that.

I think going for something from Copycat is quite a cool choice, given how I assume the vast majority of things she'll be signing will likely be Alien & Ghostbusters (nothing wrong with that either of course).

• Moderators

You should pick up the Alien Archive book and gradually add to it from show to show.

Il take a look

• Moderators

Il take a look

How big is the book Tolkienerd?

Il take a look

Googled the book and it looks ace! Would be great to get that signed

• Moderators

Il take a look
Googled the book and it looks ace! Would be great to get that signed

Yeh just done the same, it does look good!!

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

It going to be a busy weekend for all the guests but as you all know we are good at looking after the lines and and getting you all looked after as much as we can , they will get to see many many of you and lots of you will get to see them all , but demand will be big and after how busy Stan Lee was we wanted to put options in place that means that if you want it Guaranteed that you get a big guests autograph there is a way and this is one of the reasons we introduced the Dimond pass.

At this point we have sold around 25% of the Dimond passes for Sigourney even if these sell out there will still be plenty of time for signings for all the fans attending the weekend.

Sigourney is there all the day and love meeting the fans and we do expect her to be able to meet many of you.

she is a very cool guest and we are pleased to have been able to get her as a guest for this years LFCC she is just he guest we have been wanting to bring you all and this is a rare opportunity for us all to meet her :-)

see you all there soon

jason

• Like 7

Might have the same thought about this as you said about Bluray but try a lazerdisc copy, thir 12,12 nice size is perfect if you ask me and depending on which version you get the art work is great And because there lp size plenty of places can frame them.

I'm either adding hers to mine along with Micheal Birhn (hicks) and Daniel Kash (Spunkmeyer) from last year and the guests this year or because I'm a funko reaction collecter one of them signed.

Edited by Merchwithamouthx

Might have the same thought about this as you said about Bluray but try a lazerdisc copy, thir 12,12 nice size is perfect if you ask me and depending on which version you get the art work is great And because there lp size plenty of places can frame them.

I'm either adding hers to mine along with Micheal Birhn (hicks) and Daniel Kash (Spunkmeyer) from last year and the guests this year or because I'm a funko reaction collecter one of them signed.

My 8x10 chest burster Photo have Tom , Veronica , yaphAtt and john so miss weaver will make an excellent addition !
  • Like 1

I'm getting 2 signed photos, one for my Alien collection (She'll be my 5th member of the crew of the Nostromo) and one for my Ghostbusters collection.

That's where a good scanner and a cheap online printer will save me a fortune... :thumbup:

i get that the prices at the top range can be a bit of a shock if you aren't expecting it or aren't too familiar with these types of shows, but it really doesn't take a lot to understand why the prices are what they are. Fees have to be paid, costs covered and there has to be some profit, it is a business after all. However sometimes I honestly think people think Jason and the team sit around going "Bwah ha ha! Lets bleed the naive fools dry!"

lugosibela02.jpg

• Like 3

I'm not particularly a fan of the Alien series, but I know so many who are, and Sigourney is iconic for them! I love Ghostbusters, but not to the extent I would pay that much for her autograph, but great guest for those who will!

• Like 1

Personally, I think that's good , that such guests arrive. I'm concerned only those . I would pay 150 pounds for a photo with Harrison Ford , Tom Cruise , Johnny Depp , Liam Neeson , Michael Douglas , Catherine Zeta Jones , Mel Gibson , Kurt Russell , George Clooney , quentin Tarantino, Brad Pitt , Angelina Jolie , Sean Connery , sylvester stallone , Bruce Willis , john travolta, arnold Schwarzenegger, Al Pacino, sandra bullock, russell crowe, christopher walken, robert de niro, robert downey jr, keanu reeves, meryl streep, Goldie hawn, Morgan Freeman, Samuel L jackson, julia roberts, hugh grant, Roger moore, Daniel craig, Chris hemsworth, edward norton, Kevin bacon.

What's up with other james bond guests like Mads mikkelsen, Lois chiles, grace jones(she can play a concert in the evening after the convention too), Maud adams, berenice marlohe, Sophie marceau, Pierce brosnan, Ursula andress, Rowan Atkinson, lewis gilbert, john glen.

What's up with sport guests like Phil taylor, lennox lewis, evander holyfield, riddick bowe, paul gascoine, Gary lineker, Stephen hendry, steve davis, maradonna, pele, zico, Johan cruyff, Geoff hurst, Jack charlton, Bobby charlton, Ronnie o'sullivan.

You have so much great musicans in london, which played in Films like David bowie. Is it not possible to Start a musican convention in london? Other musicans who lives in london are madonna, Peter Gabriel, The Rolling Stones,the who, led zeppelin, paul McCartney, david bowie and a lots of other.

• Like 2

You See that the photoshoots Of the top stars are so fast sold out, that you can see that most Of the visit or want to see Mord of the top stars

You See that the photoshoots of the top stars are so fast sold out, that you can see that most Of the visitors want to see more of the top stars

Edited by schlangomat

Okay guys - I was trying to let the discussion that started in here run its course. But it's gone the way I was worried it would go.

If someone is wondering why people pay - feel free to wonder. But please don't question other people who do have no issue with paying. Same thing the other way round. The way some questions where asking the reactions were probably inevitable. A couple of people have kept in friendly, but unfortunately not everyone. So please stop it now. This is a guest announcement topic, these are a friendly place.

Don't make me start hiding again. ;)

• Like 3

She is a fantastic guest. It isn't in my budget to afford her today, but I looked at a bunch of old blu rays sitting on my shelf and thought my budget could be increased...a photo with Sigourney would look 100 times better on that shelf...

I'm seriously considering the Diamond Pass for this truly awesome guest. A question and forgive me if this has been answered, but having read the last 18 pages - I don't think it has.

Apart from the Weaver talk on Sunday will all the other photo shoots and talks take place on the Saturday? I'm only able to attend Saturday and didn't want to get the DP if the photo shoots were 50/50 Saturday/Sunday

Thanks in advance