Latest Guest Announcement - SIGOURNEY WEAVER

Apologies if this has been asked before (and i'm sure it has, many, many times for guests). I couldn't find an answer on the tickets page and as I've never booked a photoshoot before i'm a bit of a newb at it.

Question is does the photoshoot price include an autograph? And if not, could I pay for one for during the shoot or is it very much a case of we go in, say a quick hi, get photo taken and are moved along as quickly as possible?

Curious as it would be a great opportunity seeing as you're stood right next to her, hopefully chatting, for her to sign something quickly, especially if you're getting on well.

Any help with this would be great :)

Apologies if this has been asked before (and i'm sure it has, many, many times for guests). I couldn't find an answer on the tickets page and as I've never booked a photoshoot before i'm a bit of a newb at it.

Question is does the photoshoot price include an autograph? And if not, could I pay for one for during the shoot or is it very much a case of we go in, say a quick hi, get photo taken and are moved along as quickly as possible?

Curious as it would be a great opportunity seeing as you're stood right next to her, hopefully chatting, for her to sign something quickly, especially if you're getting on well.

Autographs are not allowed in photoshoots. This is a separate queue, which you access in Sigourney's case either through buying a diamond pass or you need to pick up a virtual queue ticket , which will give you a number, you then check on the queue line to see when your number comes up, so if you have say 320, you need to wait until the queue line is showing 300 to 350 before you join. You can then pay per autograph and either bring your own item or use one of the 10x8 photos that are available, there is no difference in price. Normally a maximum of 5, but I think for a busy guest like Sigourney this may well be restricted.

Absolutely AMAZING guest and I love her very much, but that is just too expensive for me. Might get to her talk though. Shame the Aliens cast talk is on the Saturday. Only going to the Sunday this year -_-

Autographs are not allowed in photoshoots. This is a separate queue, which you access in Sigourney's case either through buying a diamond pass or you need to pick up a virtual queue ticket , which will give you a number, you then check on the queue line to see when your number comes up, so if you have say 320, you need to wait until the queue line is showing 300 to 350 before you join. You can then pay per autograph and either bring your own item or use one of the 10x8 photos that are available, there is no difference in price. Normally a maximum of 5, but I think for a busy guest like Sigourney this may well be restricted.

Appreciate the help, many thanks :)

• Like 2

Hi, I ordered a Sigourney photo, but I am not convinced I have done the £2.50 validation bit correctly as the charge is not showing up on the receipt email. It does say "I agree that I have added E-Ticket Validation to my Order by clicking the button on the left. Accepted" but I do not see the cost there. This is different to what happened when I booked the Michael J Fox photo as that definitely shows the £2.50 charge on the receipt email.

Any ideas how to check or what to do? Thanks very much for your help.

If you haven't added the validation fee you will receive an email where you will have the opportunity to pay it

Thanks very much, I will wait and see if I receive an email.

Hi, I seem to have had the same issue with my diamond pass. My email states that, "I agree that I have added E-Ticket Validation to my Order by clicking the button on the left. Accepted" but no mention of the £2.50 in the email. The price of the diamond pass has appeared on my bank statement today £395 rather than £397.50. Which would make me think something didn't quite work somewhere. I have yet to receive an email from showmasters with the opportunity to pay for it. I bought mine on the 18th.

Would you advise chasing this or waiting and seeing if I am contacted?

Thanks.

Hi, I ordered a Sigourney photo, but I am not convinced I have done the £2.50 validation bit correctly as the charge is not showing up on the receipt email. It does say "I agree that I have added E-Ticket Validation to my Order by clicking the button on the left. Accepted" but I do not see the cost there. This is different to what happened when I booked the Michael J Fox photo as that definitely shows the £2.50 charge on the receipt email.

Any ideas how to check or what to do? Thanks very much for your help.

If you haven't added the validation fee you will receive an email where you will have the opportunity to pay it

Thanks very much, I will wait and see if I receive an email.

Hi, I seem to have had the same issue with my diamond pass. My email states that, "I agree that I have added E-Ticket Validation to my Order by clicking the button on the left. Accepted" but no mention of the £2.50 in the email. The price of the diamond pass has appeared on my bank statement today £395 rather than £397.50. Which would make me think something didn't quite work somewhere. I have yet to receive an email from showmasters with the opportunity to pay for it. I bought mine on the 18th.

Would you advise chasing this or waiting and seeing if I am contacted?

Thanks.

You will be contacted by email. Usually takes about a week.

• Like 1

I understand this and agree but how does the non-transferable work if I have bought a ticket for me and a friend? Has me a little worrid now

You mean you are worried cause both tickets are in your name? You're not exactly transferring that ticket, you're in line together. That is not an issue at all.

There's several topics asking the very same or a slight variation on it on page 1 and 2 of this forum, and we confirmed that in each and every one. :lol:

I know it's been asked before and do apologise but that comment did worry me

• Moderators

They wont turn you away for 2.50

If you haven't paid the £2.50 validation charge, you WILL be turned away.

As wrong name says the validation fee will be strictly enforced, hence why those who forgot to add it to their orders received an email. Tickets without a validation fee payed are invalid and as above will be turned away.

As wrong name says the validation fee will be strictly enforced, hence why those who forgot to add it to their orders received an email. Tickets without a validation fee payed are invalid and as above will be turned away.

Waiting for email to come & happy to pay the £2.50 after the £395.

As I mentioned it appears from the email, I ticked the box for validation but during the transaction the validation fee wasn't added so want to get this resolved so I'm not turned away.

You turn that person away who has paid £395 over this £2.50 essential fee, you of course HAVE to refund £395 and so have lost the sale completely...

The software should have been fixed to prevent the sale of worthless tickets. If 2 conditions are true (punter has checked box and clicked a link) then proceed with sale. If not, tell them they must click the 2 boxes or they can't proceed. How simple is that? You eliminate the selling of worthless tickets...Why eventbrite couldn't fix it is beyond me (I know it's not SM's fault)!

Waiting for email to come & happy to pay the £2.50 after the £395.

As I mentioned it appears from the email, I ticked the box for validation but during the transaction the validation fee wasn't added so want to get this resolved so I'm not turned away.

There are two small grey boxes you have to click and then a big box on the left at the bottom (which is not a tick box). I'd say you missed the big box which is why the fee was not added. When this is clicked, a big green box comes up on the screen to say it's been added. I wouldn't worry though, from reading here there have been plenty of people who missed it too.

Yes, what WrongName explains is likely what happened.

I have no idea about UK laws and such, so I am not getting into discussions about refunds.

But really, if the fee isn't paid the buyer will get reminders. A lot of them. The e-mails are not stopping until you click the link to confirm payment. If you don't notice that something is amiss then and at least come on here to ask why you are getting all those e-mails and instead show up at the event... I really don't know what to reply to that. It's really not like the system is not set up trying to help if something went wrong.

Never mind the outburst we had when that confusing part was taken away and switched with an easier fee system where there are no more boxes to miss. ;)

Hoff85, it's really not an issue you missed it. You won't be the last until the store closes. And there's been plenty of others before.

Sounds like I may have missed it on this occasion. Woops.

Can I ask who the email comes from so I know what to look out for, haven't seen a bombardment yet (but I did miss the tick box on this occasion :blush:)?

Sounds like I may have missed it on this occasion. Woops.

Can I ask who the email comes from so I know what to look out for, haven't seen a bombardment yet (but I did miss the tick box on this occasion :blush:)?

It's sent out by the SM shop but I haven't actually had one so can't tell you what it looks like I'm afraid. As long as you actually read your emails I'm sure you'll be fine though.

I clicked the button that I have accepted it -

Ticket Information I agree that I have added E-Ticket Validation to my Order by clicking the button on the left.
Accepted

But will the £2.50 be shown on the ticket? As mine on says £395 and on the e mail it doesn't mention the £2.50 other than that I accepted it. I probably am worrying for no reason!

Well, it's odd, I've just looked into my eventbrite account and can bring up the information regarding the two declarations for my diamond pass and from what I'm seeing both are ticked!?

I think an email to the shop is required.

Just to try and be clear, these are the 2 tick boxes you need to select and the BIG box for the validation fee. If it's not on your receipt, then you haven't paid it:

LRhTsDE.jpg

At one time the Validation fee box was in an 'Additional Items' box at the bottom of the page but is currently as shown in the picture.

Edited by Wrong Name

If for some reason i forgot to tick the boxes, which i dont think i did anyway, but if i havent paid the fee would SM contact me? Im 99% sure ive paid the fee to confirm tkts but just incase, dont wanna get there and not get through.

Just to try and be clear, these are the 2 tick boxes you need to select and the BIG box for the validation fee. If it's not on your receipt, then you haven't paid it:

LRhTsDE.jpg

At one time the Validation fee box was in an 'Additional Items' box at the bottom of the page but is currently as shown in the picture.