What are you getting signed?

i know a lot of people like getting DVD's signed but personally I would go for a book/poster/8x10 all the time. I always think that once DVD's are obsolete it will be odd to have a load of DVD's still.

• Moderators

i know a lot of people like getting DVD's signed but personally I would go for a book/poster/8x10 all the time. I always think that once DVD's are obsolete it will be odd to have a load of DVD's still.

This is one of my concerns as I've got quite a few blu Rays and box sets signed. I think they look great though, generally I do collect personalised 8x10s

Edited by StuartG2198

The thing is, I don't really want to be carrying something like a poster around with me all day, y'know? A dvd fits into my bag, no problem. I have posters, but for a busy con like LFCC that I'm getting to via public transport, I can only bring small items, really. That said, I do like the idea of having a poster signed by the cast of one of my fandoms.

The thing is, I don't really want to be carrying something like a poster around with me all day, y'know? A dvd fits into my bag, no problem. I have posters, but for a busy con like LFCC that I'm getting to via public transport, I can only bring small items, really. That said, I do like the idea of having a poster signed by the cast of one of my fandoms.

I'm slowly working on a poster, and it looked a bit pants at first but once you get a fair few on there it starts to look immense.

It is hassle carrying it around though; I take mine to conventions in a solid cardboard tube that I carry with a vice-like grip.....

This is one of my concerns as I've got quite a few blu Rays and box sets signed. I think they look great though, generally I do collect personalised 8x10s

Had the same thought tbh but I settled on making exceptions for special editions/steelbooks! Haha

• Like 1

Had the same thought tbh but I settled on making exceptions for special editions/steelbooks! Haha

I do have a couple of signed VHS's, I think both are Dr Who ones, and they reside in the loft in a 'signed items' seal-able plastic crate. I don't regret getting them but think it's a shame I can't display them like I could a picture.

I'm slowly working on a poster, and it looked a bit pants at first but once you get a fair few on there it starts to look immense.

It is hassle carrying it around though; I take mine to conventions in a solid cardboard tube that I carry with a vice-like grip.....

My point exactly. I thought carrying a wooden katana around CMK was bad! Having a tote bag over my shoulder feels bothersome enough, so a massive poster tube just wouldn't work for me. Maybe when my cosplaying days are behind me... :D

Getting my freddy krueger dream warriors glove signed by ofcourse Mr Englund him self, and then next up will be be my Jason Voorhees mask from friday the 13th part 3, that ill be collecting autographs from all the guys that have played Jason Voorhees in future events starting with ken kirzinger, the reason i choosed The mask from part 3 is because its going to be a tribute to Richard Brooker who sadly past away in 2013. Then ill be getting my scream mask signed by Neve campbell and then of course start adding autographs to my aliens poster which I think is the best time to start adding to it :D.

• Like 1

• Moderators

What are people getting signed by Sigourney?

I am torn between an Alien 10x8 or a Galaxy Quest one.

Then I'd like a blu ray signed....

I'm in the same dilemma Galaxy Quest is one of my all time favourite films but Sigourney to me is Ellen Ripley!!!

Getting my collectors edition box set of Dexter signed by James Remar, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest steelbook signed by Chrisopher Lloyd, John Ratzenberger on my Toy Story box set and then as many of the BTTF/Nightmare/Aliens cast on those box sets

I'm getting one aliens poster signed by Sigourney and Carrie. I then have a seperate Aliens poster for the rest of the cast to sign as needed.

On their way from the US at the moment!

I plan to get my first cast prints signed. Beginning with Stargate SG1 and Star Trek Voyager. Was planning on getting a Game of Thrones cast print, but as the cast changes quite a lot each season with everyone being killed, I've instead got a Print of Westeros to get signed :-)

Edited by Anubis278

Well, together with the DeLorean .....

i will geth this item signed. You know what it is... ?

It looks very much like the dome from the head of a Xenomorph to me.

Damn... fast and right !!

ah2.jpg

• Like 1

I'm taking this first one to be signed only by Sigourney and the Second one to be signed by Sigourney, Bill Paxton, Carrie Henn and any of the Marines cast that I can catch!

I love Galaxy Quest and SW was just fantastic in it. But Ellen Ripley is the ultimate for me so going for these posters to be signed.

alien1.jpg

aliens1.jpg

Edited by Wayward One
  • Like 1

I'm taking this first one to be signed only by Sigourney and the Second one to be signed by Sigourney, Bill Paxton, Carrie Henn and any of the Marines cast that I can catch!

I love Galaxy Quest and SW was just fantastic in it. But Ellen Ripley is the ultimate for me so going for these posters to be signed.

alien1.jpg

aliens1.jpg

Nice, I have the special edition Alien poster that this guy did, with the status pods from the Nostromo. I'm not bringing it to be signed though.