Taking the London Film and Comic Con forward in 2015 and beyond

Also having a photo and two autograph items included in the pass it's going to be way way way up in the £100s, for example, this year carrie was £60 per item and £65 for a photo, 2autos is £120 plus the photo op which makes it £185! Then you've got to factor in entry, talks, meet and greet and then a profit for SM, unless of course the autographs are say 1 at full price the other reduced and a discounted photo? But I can't see that happening. I really feel like this is going to make more people disappointed by not being able to afford to meet a specific guest

It's def going to be veerrrry expensive, that's for sure !

Also having a photo and two autograph items included in the pass it's going to be way way way up in the £100s, for example, this year carrie was £60 per item and £65 for a photo, 2autos is £120 plus the photo op which makes it £185! Then you've got to factor in entry, talks, meet and greet and then a profit for SM, unless of course the autographs are say 1 at full price the other reduced and a discounted photo? But I can't see that happening. I really feel like this is going to make more people disappointed by not being able to afford to meet a specific guest

And you can upgrade from Gold, its got to be more than Gold.

Say it was £300, I assume I couldn't just get the two autographs and sell the rest of the package to someone else who was desperate to get their photo and meet and greet?

Just preselling a limited amount of autographs would be so much easier. All round.

Preselling a limited amount of autographs would definitely be a better way around this than pricing people out
  • Like 2

An obvious question with the dedicated guest diamond pass is, what happens if the guest cancels on the day? (As Far as I understand it Showmasters can't actually guarantee that any guest will be there, work commitments etc).

• Moderators

They've already stated that they don't want to price the 'average' customer out, but if these passes help to get the BIGGEST guests along then it's better to have that than not at all..

I'm not really liking the idea of diamond passes. I fear it may price us average joes out of the picture so that we can't meet one of our idols :(

Sadly this looks to be the way forward. Unless you have bottomless pockets, you'll not guarantee yourself a chance to meet some of the guests.

Also on the subject of the meet and greet, I hope this won't be as laughable as the Stan Lee one.

• Like 2

The guests that would be available to Diamond Pass holders would probably be too expensive for the average convention goer anyway, at least that's my assumption. Whether I can afford it or not when the time comes, I'm happy that at least those types of guests are viable and that there's a chance to meet them.

• Like 1

Some great ideas there I really like most of them presale of saturday is a very good idea.

The only questions are with the diamond passes I think some really thoughts need to go into how they would work. Some have already pointed out many things e.g people wanting more than pass for different guests.

I also have a point out what happens if we get a regular weekend ticket and then want a diamond pass. We would have a wasted regular ticket either need a upgrade way or remove the weekend ticket part of the diamond ticket.

Can also need some sort of back up plan for if a guest cancels and you have a diamond ticket for them.

• Like 1

One thing people often complain about with the larger busier guests is that they don't personalise. How about making it so diamond pass holders get the option of a guaranteed personalisation if they wanted one, that would be a really nice touch in my opinion.

There's a lot of info to take in and 30 more days to mull over with more tid-bits to come before the doors open and I can see a surge to buy tickets on Sept' first. Will be interesting to see what changes they are making to the Gold passes. I for one hope they include priority queuing to both Photos and autos now and would be willing to pay a little more for that.

Though Jason did say 'normal' Gold passes so there may be variants again for future LFCCs.

But until clarification comes on several topics it's a guessing game really.

One thing people often complain about with the larger busier guests is that they don't personalise. How about making it so diamond pass holders get the option of a guaranteed personalisation if they wanted one, that would be a really nice touch in my opinion.

There's a lot of info to take in and 30 more days to mull over with more tid-bits to come before the doors open and I can see a surge to buy tickets on Sept' first. Will be interesting to see what changes they are making to the Gold passes. I for one hope they include priority queuing to both Photos and autos now and would be willing to pay a little more for that.

What do you mean? Gold passes have always had priority queuing for photos and autos. Every photo I've had golds have been called first and been at the front of the queue and have just joined any auto queue. That's how gold has always worked.

• Like 2

For me the standard gold pass should include queue jump for autos not just join the back. The exception being the guest covered by diamond passes where gold would go second.

Hmm. Not sure about that. I'd feel a bit weird just walking in and pushing in front of someone at the desk. I'm happy enough with how it's been up until now though I'd like for them to get rid of the autograph pack and give something of better value such as vouchers/free photoshoot or discount on one or something like that or guaranteed personalisation (if you want it) maybe. That would be a nice perk on certain occassions. But that's a whole other issue.

It'll be interesting to see what revamp they come up with for all this.

• Like 2

anyways... ,we're not gonna stress out with questions about the different passes until more details have been announced. It's all shudda, wudda, cudda until it's up in the store and everything is known

I have one question about the Diamond Passes...Say hypothetically JDF attends this Comic-Con would there be a JDF Diamond Pass or would we pick the specific guest?

No I am not asking if JDF is attending he is just an example person.

Edited by Tiamot1196

• Moderators

As far as I understand what details there are so far, not every guest would have a diamond pass option (only the very biggest guests), and those guests that do have it each pass would be sold separately and be guest specific.

Likely any guest that will have a special pass would have this listed in their announcement info.

I'm all for all of this, mainly the pre-booked only for Saturday's (maybe even sundays if the pre-sales are massive)

The diamond pass will be fine. It'll be fore 2/3 guests max, and they will be the already expensive huge ones. Not enough people will buy a diamond to make it impossible for others to have the time to meet them. How many gold passes are usually sold? Not many in the grand scheme. So if diamonds are more expensive/around the same price, there wont be thousands of people with them taking up the big guests time.

Usually big guests average 6-700 autos a day, sometimes more (Karen Gillen did about 800). Now I know attendance has gone up, but do you guys really think that ALL that time during the day for autos will be taken up by diamonds pass people? Especially if it's more expensive than a gold pass. If you still want to just grab a VT and pay for just an autograph you'll be able to. And you'll know you can due to having your entry ticket pre-bought as you pretty much have to. So you know you wont have to queue to buy a ticket in the mass of people just turning up.

I forsee this event getting 3 Diamond pass guests, and each of them selling about 200 passes. Which will be awesome, as that's 600 people meeting who they want for sure, giving SM a big chunk of change to actually get said A listers, and leaving enough space for 4/5/600 nromal attendees to get their autos too.

• Like 3

diamond pass = get queues down for busy guests by charging more and phasing out more people so the few that can afford it get it?

It's how a lot of events in the US work and unfortunately if it means getting A list guests of the calibre of Weaver or Stallone just for example, most people wouldn't afford their auto prices anyway as you'd be looking at £200-£300 each probably. But if it means getting them or not, is it not better that at least some get the chance?

We'll just have to wait for final details. Maybe it would have been better to hold off saying any of this until all the details had been finalised and tickets were due to go on sale. It's just leading to more and more questions which no-one will have an answer to yet.

Not totally true, in the US you can usually just pre-book your photo-op AND autograph ticket, that's it and that was definitely the case with the two guests you mentioned.

And that's imo the only fair option, as forum member shawlax mentioned before not everyone is interested in talks, meet&greet etc. which are also activites that can induce clashes.

Also, a guest specific pass should NEVER include entry tickets as well as most people will want to meet more than one guest anyway, and entry tickets should always be bought separately. Including entry tickets would mean selling more than one entry ticket to people that want to meet multiple diamond guests which is totally unacceptable and makes no sense at all.

lets face it getting a bigger name guest to attend like Stallone or Weaver is going to cost both showmasters and ourselves more money. Guests like this will also be expecting to be treated differently and get better organisation. The days of just turning up on the day and paying a tenner for someone prepared to sit behind a desk all day dealing with hundreds of fans are long gone, either by their choice or its not do-able in terms of time. Diamond passes seem a good idea if you really want to meet someone who is A-list, i can only see 2 or 3 guests being at that level and the number of guests i'd personally opt for as a diamond pass is very few. we'll have to wait and see who's booked. shame if you can't afford it but thats life eh. I want a Ferrari but i can only afford to drive a Vauxhall, shame but tough. I would say it might have been better to announce this a little closer to tickets going on sale later when it had become more definate and thought through. At least showmasters realise you can't go on like it was at Earls Court and are trying something different. One suggestion i would make is that those who are 'dealers' at the show and have thier own seperate wristbands and passes are not allowed access to the 'diamond pass level guests' and would have to pay seperately like the rest of us.One of the biggest problems with stan Lee running out of time was that 'dealers' were getting in before even gold pass people and getting multiples signed.Over the course of the weekend it meant several hundred fans didn't get to meet their hero.Anyway,look forward to future announcements to clear up the grey areas.

Edited by loveamyadams

shame if you can't afford it but thats life eh. I want a Ferrari but i can only afford to drive a Vauxhall, shame but tough. .

The Ferrari doesn't come only in a package with a holiday and include the licence though. Some people would only want the car, some would only want the holiday. I have no problems paying a premium for BIG guest autographs, its having to get the rest of the enclusive package that doesn't work in my favour.

I'm all for all of this, mainly the pre-booked only for Saturday's (maybe even sundays if the pre-sales are massive)

The diamond pass will be fine. It'll be fore 2/3 guests max, and they will be the already expensive huge ones. Not enough people will buy a diamond to make it impossible for others to have the time to meet them. How many gold passes are usually sold? Not many in the grand scheme. So if diamonds are more expensive/around the same price, there wont be thousands of people with them taking up the big guests time.

Usually big guests average 6-700 autos a day, sometimes more (Karen Gillen did about 800). Now I know attendance has gone up, but do you guys really think that ALL that time during the day for autos will be taken up by diamonds pass people? Especially if it's more expensive than a gold pass. If you still want to just grab a VT and pay for just an autograph you'll be able to. And you'll know you can due to having your entry ticket pre-bought as you pretty much have to. So you know you wont have to queue to buy a ticket in the mass of people just turning up.

I forsee this event getting 3 Diamond pass guests, and each of them selling about 200 passes. Which will be awesome, as that's 600 people meeting who they want for sure, giving SM a big chunk of change to actually get said A listers, and leaving enough space for 4/5/600 nromal attendees to get their autos too.

These big (massive!) guests may not spend most of the day signing though

However, we want to be up front and say that some of these mega-guests will only be available for one day and some will be very limited in what they will be able to take part in. Some of these guests will be the type that will not want to meet hundreds of people in one day and would never normally go to a Comic Con to sign or do photo-ops, so they should be looked at as a guest that you would not normally be able to meet.

They might only agree to sign for 4 hours or so. In which case regular punters would stand little chance.

If this is how it's going to work I actually like it! Just hope there won't be too many A list stars because else I might have to sell my house..

It should just be a case of pre buying autos or photo ops. I don't want a photo or a talk and buying multiple diamonds is just not logical with whats on offer. Keep it simple and split them and pre sell them only. Other events do this and they sell out and it obviously works.

• Like 4

Not too keen on the Diamond passes ,mainly because i dont like the talks or meet and greets ,guaranteed auto and photo sound great in theory, but please have a lower priced one for people that dont want the other stuff

• Like 3