Taking the London Film and Comic Con forward in 2015 and beyond

• Showmasters Admin

The passes should be tiered to suit everyone.

DP1- guarenteed auto £

DP2- guarenteed photo £

DP3- DP1 + DP2 ££

DP4- Guest talk £

DP5- DP3 + DP4 £££

DP6- DP5 + meet & greet ££££

Obviousley there would only be set amounts of each type for pre-sale. I'm pretty sure they would sell 90%+ of these if it truly was a massive guest.

This way it makes it affordable for all attendees and you can only purchase what you want.

this is not a diamond pass this is just what you want , the thing is there will be 10,000 of you also wanting one or two aspects of this and there will not be the tickets to sell for us to do it this way thats the point i was making that has been missed here.

if we just sell off with the option one item or two items then the value of the pass will not be that high , if its not that high we cannot sell it for a high ticket price if we cannot sell it at a high ticket price we cannot afford the guest its that simple.

we are not talking about a head liner from a TV show we are talking big house hold names and these people are going to be expensive , and the people that are interested in meeting them will come from all over the world to meet them and what some will spend in getting to the show will be more than what they spend on the ticket anyway so we know if we get these big names we will sell the tickets out , i understand some of you just want this or that and normally thats how we will sell guests autos photo ops and talks off and you can pick and choose , but on these diamond pass guest it will have to be in a package to cover the high costs of getting this guest over or interested , as i say we do not expect more than one or two of theses guests art our big events , but to have the chance to have someone like Harrison Ford do his first public signing at a show or his first Photo op at a con would be amazing and people would travel from all over the world for that and we need the system in place to make that happen if we ever managed to be able to bring someone like that over for the show.

jason

• Like 1

The passes should be tiered to suit everyone.

DP1- guarenteed auto £

DP2- guarenteed photo £

DP3- DP1 + DP2 ££

DP4- Guest talk £

DP5- DP3 + DP4 £££

DP6- DP5 + meet & greet ££££

Obviousley there would only be set amounts of each type for pre-sale. I'm pretty sure they would sell 90%+ of these if it truly was a massive guest.

This way it makes it affordable for all attendees and you can only purchase what you want.

this is not a diamond pass this is just what you want , the thing is there will be 10,000 of you also wanting one or two aspects of this and there will not be the tickets to sell for us to do it this way thats the point i was making that has been missed here.

if we just sell off with the option one item or two items then the value of the pass will not be that high , if its not that high we cannot sell it for a high ticket price if we cannot sell it at a high ticket price we cannot afford the guest its that simple.

we are not talking about a head liner from a TV show we are talking big house hold names and these people are going to be expensive , and the people that are interested in meeting them will come from all over the world to meet them and what some will spend in getting to the show will be more than what they spend on the ticket anyway so we know if we get these big names we will sell the tickets out , i understand some of you just want this or that and normally thats how we will sell guests autos photo ops and talks off and you can pick and choose , but on these diamond pass guest it will have to be in a package to cover the high costs of getting this guest over or interested , as i say we do not expect more than one or two of theses guests art our big events , but to have the chance to have someone like Harrison Ford do his first public signing at a show or his first Photo op at a con would be amazing and people would travel from all over the world for that and we need the system in place to make that happen if we ever managed to be able to bring someone like that over for the show.

jason

Thats fair enough, I suppose we just need to see who you can get and how much it will be before we can budget etc. Lets have Harrison Ford 😀

• Showmasters Admin

Jason,

As the Diamond passes are a bit of a new venture for you do you think it might be worth doing a rudimentary poll on the forum as to just how much a fan would pay to meet say a Harrison or a Sigourney for example? It might be a good market research for you when trying to get the "mega stars".

i sometimes do this but over the years i have leant that the feed back is so mixed it dose not really tell you more ethan you already know 50 % of the fans on here will not want to meet that specific guest , then you get all the the rest would want to meet them but at the right price then you get 40% would pay a good amount then you get 10% that will pay anything and they tell the rest of the people on the pole to stop complaining and you do not have to buy it etc etc , yes i have been doing this that long i know this stuff :-)

The truth is if we get one or two of the people we are in talks with they are going to sell out 100% and probely in one day , selling the high end passes is not going to be the issue here in any way what so ever , we saw that with Stan Lee we started to have touts selling tickets on the door or the show and on Ebay and this was something we did not expect , one person paid £2000 for a gold pass and a photo op , we were even working with Ebay to stop this from happening as its not fare on our audience and Ebay was good and helped us stop this once we saw what was happening.

With these new guest it will have to be capped and they will be one time offer for a limited amount of diamond passes for each guest and that will be it , then any other activates the guest will be taking part in if there is more available than the diamond passes then these will be sold the normal way though the on line shop so others get the chance to buy what they want on a first come first serve bases till they are sold out.

hope that is helpful

jason

• Showmasters Admin

I met Carrie, Stan, John and Ian this year. If they were all diamond pass people it would be impossible for me to afford 4 passes.

as i have said these are not the guests we would be making diamond passes for so you would be fine

Hello, I like the idea of pre-selling entry tickets. I always stay all day. Partly because of the people I want to meet are busy! I decided not to meet Carrie has she was outside my price range. However for someone like Harrison, for a guaranteed photo/auto/talk, I would pay more. :)

So to sum up - if I want the big guest's autograph or photoshoot I have to buy a Diamond Pass which might include other bits, otherwise it may not be possible to meet them at all. What needs to be clarified before hand for me is the 'may' bit. I will want to know if I can still meet this guest without buying a Diamond Pass. If it's possible to still go in and get a limited VT then I want to make an informed choice. What I don't want is to buy a Diamond Pass out of fear or panic of missing meeting them and then discover I could have got an autograph or photoshoot in the normal way - even if less VT's were given out, photo shoots sold. So, for example, if you announced Harrison Ford and there was a Diamond Pass for him only, this is fine, I know where I stand, but if it was later decided that 300 VT tickets or photo shoots were going to be made available on a first come first served basis, then there was a chance of meeting him more cheaply and this would not be ok for me. Hope this makes sense. P.S not a new person to your events - been attending for years - since the very first Collectormania :) Love your shows and just want to get this straight in my head.

• Like 1

I for one think that the DP are a good idea! I am not someone with bottomless pockets, but if it's a guest, like say Christopher Lee, that I would otherwise not have any chance of ever meeting, I personally welcome the opportunity regardless of it being slightly more expensive than other big guests that may not need a DP's. I personally never attend talks etc, but I can completely understand that to get the guest over there has to be a larger 'special' and consequently more expensive package to make sure that costs are covered to get that guest in.

I personally, much prefer the opportunity to meet an A list guest that otherwise would not attend under the 'normal' way of doing things than not have that option at all!

Looking forward to hearing who the first DP guest will be.....!

• Like 1

This is what I understood. DP is a guarantee, but there will be a chance to have an auto or photo with them, but it is not guaranteed. So if you have a VT for 450 and at the end of the day they only reach 400, then you will miss out.

• Showmasters Admin

Perhaps you should have waited until you'd worked out all the details first, and then made the announcement.

At the moment things aren't very clear, badly spelled and grammatically incorrect posts aren't making it any clearer, so yes people will have 101 questions

you are just incredible :-)

we are talking to you and everyone else so you get to know what we are planning so you are all apart of the process, we do this because we care about our customers that have been with us for many years and have helped to grow the events into what they are today , we talk things over with you and thats soothing that is very rare today as most companies are like coprations and fear the public and limit there interaction with them , we do not fare our audience we are the audience and as such we talk with you to understand where the future is going so we get that path right for us all , we are fans our crew are you fans that crossed over from attendee to crew members we all talk we all make it happen together so we talk on here like we would in a sitting room or a pub so as to learn what everyone is into what people may want and so we can build the show people are looking to go to , so the best way to understand everyone is to chat and talk thats what this forum was invented for to talk to each other and learn what worked and what did not for constructive criticism and for good feed back and thats what i am doing , i do not get much chance now day but when i can i come on here and talk as i do with some of you at the shows if i have the time also , and i think thats a very good thing to do and the best way to understand what you are all looking for so we can try to get it right for more of you , as to spelling i am dyslexic i think that most of what i wright people can understand , but most importunely i wright from the hart its what i am thinking , it has not gone through two or three people and been made slick like a coperation or big company would do ? , we are fans so dose it really matter if i get something wrong ? i am not good at writing and its not my strong point but i feel that its important to share my thoughts with you when i get the chance and this is a good way to do that.

I have spent 20 year of my life woking on these events in some way or another growing and driving the conversion seen i have employed other key people that have also organise cons over the years so we have the experience we need to take these events to another level we have an amazing team and we have been pushing the envelop for many years and we will keep on pushing it as far as we can with you all , i love my work and i care with a passion about every event we run and i hope everyone can see we do our best and we are thank full we get to have the chance to run and be apart of these amazing events with you.

sorry about the spelling :-D

jason

• Like 2

• Moderators

Going from everything Jason has posted, as I understand it:

1. In general almost all guests that have appeared at previous shows would NOT be a 'diamond pass' guest

2. For the few guests that are on a diamond pass, said pass will absolutely guarantee you meeting them, and getting a lot from them. The price will reflect this.

3. It is possible that occasionally a guest will not agree to any activities outside of those included in the diamond pass, in those cases only DP holders would meet them. - personally I'm quite sure that SM will make every attempt to negotiate at least a 'non diamond pass holders' photoshoot if nothing else but depending on the guest they might say no.

4. As above, where it can be negotiated, photos/signings/talk tickets/etc WILL be available in limited numbers to those who can't or won't afford a diamond pass.

• Like 3

I met Carrie, Stan, John and Ian this year. If they were all diamond pass people it would be impossible for me to afford 4 passes.

as i have said these are not the guests we would be making diamond passes for so you would be fine

Guests of a higher calibre than these? I don't know who you have in mind but I'm getting excited to see who you start bringing to our doorstep. If this really is a "no guest too big" affair may I suggest Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson ;)

So are we saying that a huge household name as a Diamond Guest would only do a signing for Diamond Pass holders and not the general weekend pass holder?

You really need to read what is being posted otherwise people are going to have to repeat the same thing over and over.

The Diamond Pass will guarantee a meet, but whether other pass holders (standard, gold etc) get to meet the Diamond Pass Guest will be down to whether the Diamond Guest agrees to continue activities, such as Autos, Photo Ops etc beyond the number of Diamond Passes sold. Jason/SM won't be able to say anything in advance about whether non-Diamond Pass holders will get to see the Diamond Guests. It will be down to the Diamond Guest to decide what they feel like doing.

Guests of a higher calibre than these? I don't know who you have in mind but I'm getting excited to see who you start bringing to our doorstep. If this really is a "no guest too big" affair may I suggest Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson ;)

The mega film stars! Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger...

Dwayne Johnson is a fair shout, given his current status and fits the household name billing. Other than that I can only think of Samuel L Jackson, Harrison Ford and maybe (on the assumption he doesn't do cons) Leonardo Di Caprio?

• Showmasters Admin

So to sum up - if I want the big guest's autograph or photoshoot I have to buy a Diamond Pass which might include other bits, otherwise it may not be possible to meet them at all. What needs to be clarified before hand for me is the 'may' bit. I will want to know if I can still meet this guest without buying a Diamond Pass. If it's possible to still go in and get a limited VT then I want to make an informed choice. What I don't want is to buy a Diamond Pass out of fear or panic of missing meeting them and then discover I could have got an autograph or photoshoot in the normal way - even if less VT's were given out, photo shoots sold. So, for example, if you announced Harrison Ford and there was a Diamond Pass for him only, this is fine, I know where I stand, but if it was later decided that 300 VT tickets or photo shoots were going to be made available on a first come first served basis, then there was a chance of meeting him more cheaply and this would not be ok for me. Hope this makes sense. P.S not a new person to your events - been attending for years - since the very first Collectormania :) Love your shows and just want to get this straight in my head.

Hi pretenama2012

Good to talk mate yep i think we have been here before as Collectomaina was a first for many things that are now the norm :-) we did start something there all those years ago :-)

Ok I see where you are coming from and i totally understand your thinking and agree but in life its never that simple :-/

Ok so lets just say Ford says yes and we get it agreed to attend ( we have not but this is just an example ok everyone ) we get it agreed that he will do the diamond pass

we also see that there is spear capacity for say 1 hour for a signing ? we are going to offer that out to everyone , how many will he be signing ? no one knows as he has never signed in public before ? 60 ? 120 ? 200 ?

So we cannot pre sell these as we do not know how many he is going to be able so sign so we would offer it out as just turn up fist come first serve on the day like we do at all our events as its fare and the people that really really want to meet him will get there early to be first in the line and meet him .

this we learnt at the LOTR signing at CM4 many young people with limited money came up the night before and stood all night to be first in line to meet the hobbits it did not matter if you have lots of money or not you just had to be dedicated and be there as early as you could be , we leant something ourselves that day , that you deserve to meet them if you cared enough to get there early , that is something we still berleve and we still thing like that.

now with the Diamond passes you could say we are changing our ethos ? but we also know some of the guest we have been offered of late we just cannot make it work under the model we have in place at this time , i have wired out the numbers and they just do not add up so we need the people that have good spear income or people that have been saving up to meet one of these guests to help cover the costs in getting the guest to the show int he first place, then we have the guest at the show and the dimond pass holders have made this happen for everyone else and they have contributed to bring the guest over and they in return get what they need out of the pass .

then we will have some time with the guest to still be able to offer things to the other attendees any photo ops or signing time we can make available will be offered out to everyone first come first serve as thats fare for everyone.

talks will also be offered out also this may not be just a talk as we have things planed for this also which may change a lot of what people think about these also going forward ;-) more on that latter ;-) but this way many people will be able to see the guests and some will get photo ops and autographs but it will be limited.

now in life things change as we all know we could agree all this and suddenly we go back to the guests people and say its all sold out and then they say wow ok how about you pay us some more and we can make some more time available to you ? things like this do happen and it changes what we can offer you all , i am not going to say that we only have 300 photo shoots available sell them and not take more if they are being offered to me just bacause i said there are only going to be 300 for sale , at the time of going on sale it would have been the case but if latter on i manage to negotiate more time them more could be offered ? or remember it may not and once its sold out that could be it , as i say life is not simple and things change we cannot be pined down into a corner as our job is to try to get the most out of the guests we can and things change all the time , we have a saying here its like herding cats :-)

So we try to be clear and give you all the low down , but things might change and what we offer may change with it , all i would say if it was me buy what you can afford and we very happy to be able to meet Harrison Ford as its the only cast member i have not met myself yet :-) and remember this is just a example WE DO NTO HAVE Harrison Ford ok :-)

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

Ok i will say something that i never normaly say

Yes we have talked to Dwayne's people and he is just the person that we are trying to work out these passes for so we can try to make this happen, we are not talking guest that have dose events before we are talking A lister that have never dose a event before and this is the way forward to getting a chance at booking them.

So going forward when talking to Dwayne's management we now come up to the bar and offer what is expected to be able to book him , we will at least have a chance now , we will have to see if he is up for it and if there is time between his film work but at least now we can offer what is needed to get the ball rolling but there are many guest in the top 200 living actors of all time we now can go for and thats what we want to get into.

jason

• Like 5

so is there a price on these Diamond passes yet or is this being sorted out now and will it come in to play for the Winter edition or is it coming in to play for next year would this in clued guests like Simon Pegg or say some one like Viggo Mortensen

Edited by Starbug

Thanks for your replies Jason. Perhaps I didn't explain properly. 99% of the time I want to meet all the big guests and I get to meet ALL the big guests with a Gold Pass. If I understand this correctly, I would need a Diamond Pass for each big guest.

so is there a price on these Diamond passes yet or is this being sorted out now and will it come in to play for the Winter edition or is it coming in to play for next year would this in clued guests like Simon Pegg or say some one like Viggo Mortensen

As the announcement re the Diamond Passes has been made I don't expect to see any ticket prices at least until 1 September when other tickets are released given that the topic is entitled "2015 and beyond" and as has been mentioned expect them to be on an individual guest basis as when contracts have been signed for the guest(s).

Thanks for your replies Jason. Perhaps I didn't explain properly. 99% of the time I want to meet all the big guests and I get to meet ALL the big guests with a Gold Pass. If I understand this correctly, I would need a Diamond Pass for each big guest.

You would need a Diamond Pass for each big guest to guarantee a meet. There will only likely be 1 or 2 Diamond Guests per event anyway, so it shouldn't really be a problem.

Edited by Clarkey

Hi pretenama2012

Good to talk mate yep i think we have been here before as Collectomaina was a first for many things that are now the norm :-) we did start something there all those years ago :-)

Ok I see where you are coming from and i totally understand your thinking and agree but in life its never that simple :-/

Ok so lets just say Ford says yes and we get it agreed to attend ( we have not but this is just an example ok everyone ) we get it agreed that he will do the diamond pass

we also see that there is spear capacity for say 1 hour for a signing ? we are going to offer that out to everyone , how many will he be signing ? no one knows as he has never signed in public before ? 60 ? 120 ? 200 ?

So we cannot pre sell these as we do not know how many he is going to be able so sign so we would offer it out as just turn up fist come first serve on the day like we do at all our events as its fare and the people that really really want to meet him will get there early to be first in the line and meet him .

this we learnt at the LOTR signing at CM4 many young people with limited money came up the night before and stood all night to be first in line to meet the hobbits it did not matter if you have lots of money or not you just had to be dedicated and be there as early as you could be , we leant something ourselves that day , that you deserve to meet them if you cared enough to get there early , that is something we still berleve and we still thing like that.

now with the Diamond passes you could say we are changing our ethos ? but we also know some of the guest we have been offered of late we just cannot make it work under the model we have in place at this time , i have wired out the numbers and they just do not add up so we need the people that have good spear income or people that have been saving up to meet one of these guests to help cover the costs in getting the guest to the show int he first place, then we have the guest at the show and the dimond pass holders have made this happen for everyone else and they have contributed to bring the guest over and they in return get what they need out of the pass .

then we will have some time with the guest to still be able to offer things to the other attendees any photo ops or signing time we can make available will be offered out to everyone first come first serve as thats fare for everyone.

talks will also be offered out also this may not be just a talk as we have things planed for this also which may change a lot of what people think about these also going forward ;-) more on that latter ;-) but this way many people will be able to see the guests and some will get photo ops and autographs but it will be limited.

now in life things change as we all know we could agree all this and suddenly we go back to the guests people and say its all sold out and then they say wow ok how about you pay us some more and we can make some more time available to you ? things like this do happen and it changes what we can offer you all , i am not going to say that we only have 300 photo shoots available sell them and not take more if they are being offered to me just bacause i said there are only going to be 300 for sale , at the time of going on sale it would have been the case but if latter on i manage to negotiate more time them more could be offered ? or remember it may not and once its sold out that could be it , as i say life is not simple and things change we cannot be pined down into a corner as our job is to try to get the most out of the guests we can and things change all the time , we have a saying here its like herding cats :-)

So we try to be clear and give you all the low down , but things might change and what we offer may change with it , all i would say if it was me buy what you can afford and we very happy to be able to meet Harrison Ford as its the only cast member i have not met myself yet :-) and remember this is just a example WE DO NTO HAVE Harrison Ford ok :-)

Thank you for taking the time to reply in such detail. It is really appreciated. I understand the possible predicaments regarding further negotiations, etc. When an announcement is made, like everyone else, I'll just have to decide whether the person is worth the price of a Diamond Pass to me or if I want to risk waiting to see if I can see them another way - e.g VT ticket or photo shoots being sold outside of the Diamond Pass deal.

• Moderators

but would they have a set price for the Diamond pass for each guest or would the passes be the same price depending on who the guest is for each diamond pass

It says already right in the first post that the diamond passes would be individually priced for each 'diamond' guest

• Like 1