Taking the London Film and Comic Con forward in 2015 and beyond

Be interesting how the Diamond fully works out like if their are two big guest will a Diamond pass cover both or do you get two separate passes if you want to meet both guest. Also the cost will be interesting to see. Also meet and greet how long is that for. 5 mins 10mins?

Good news on the presales tickets we always get them anyway so that don't make any difference to us.

One thing people often complain about with the larger busier guests is that they don't personalise. How about making it so diamond pass holders get the option of a guaranteed personalisation if they wanted one, that would be a really nice touch in my opinion.

• Like 6

What I was kinda hoping when I heard the guest specific pass is that it entitles you to an autograph, photoshoot and talk ticket. None of the weekend entry and stuff because knowing that there's a 99% chance I'm not missing an LFCC means I've probably already got entry tickets. That way say the 3 items would be £50 total I'd happily pay £60 for it, knowing that I don't have to get there at 7am for a VQ ticket, I just make sure I'm there early enough for the photoshoot, talk if taking place and to get an autograph.

Limit it to something like 100 and then anybody else wanting one could still try on the day but know they're running the slightly increased risk. Capping it could then still also work for the guests you mentioned that don't want the whole day thing, just make sure it's mentioned on the guest announcement thread that the ticket is the only way, that the guest won't do a general autograph signing or photoshoot and people are aware.

Loving the idea of pre-booking entry only. Event is big enough now for this to be possible which is great.

• Like 1

One thing people often complain about with the larger busier guests is that they don't personalise. How about making it so diamond pass holders get the option of a guaranteed personalisation if they wanted one, that would be a really nice touch in my opinion.

often times, personalizations aren't up to the organizers though more with guest preference and busyness

What if I want to meet more than one big guest? Are you seriously expecting me to buy diamond tickets for each, even though I only need one entry? I dont think entry should be included. Could you please think of some tickets tht will get me to meet a couple of big guests without having to pay for multiple entry tickets?

Edited by SammyRomie
  • Like 4

often times, personalizations aren't up to the organizers though more with guest preference and busyness

They'd personalise for diamond pass holders if SM work it into the deal with the guest beforehand.

• Like 1

I think the diamond passes are an expensive "option" but from what they've said it's not a requirement to get to see any of the big guests (which is good as they will be out of my price range lol)....in a way I understand why they've done it because there are some that travel from afar just to meet a specific guest, so it's good for them i guess, but I thinking the idea is you have to pay for one diamond pass per guest ...

• Like 1

Tickets go on sale on my birthday :dance: (Makes it easy to remember :D ) I will probably (Or get someone else as it will be my birthday :dance: ) get the 3 day pass but the diamond thing is a little confusing but I'm sure we will get more info soon.

Edited by Siva

New limited dedicated Guest Diamond Passes

This is going to be something new that we are going to offer Showmasters' attendees.

This pass will Guarantee the holder things like the following :

This is only an example as each pass offered will include different things.

1 x photo-op with the specific guest over the weekend

2 x signed items from the specific guest. (signed in person over the weekend)

1 x meet and greet with the specific guest, along with the other dedicated guest Diamond Pass holders for that guest.

1 x access to the show over the 3 days of the event.

1 x seat at all talks that the specific guest will take part in over the weekend.

And some other unique aspects which will be specific to each dedicated guest Diamond Pass, depending on the guest.

There's a month for everything to be ironed out and clarified. I am sure there's plenty more info to come.

Something that would need ironing out would be can Diamond pass holders buy extra autographs on the day without queuing - 2 items would not have been enough to satisfy some of the Carrie queuers for example.

Not much use to me - I wouldn't want a photo. Be out of my price range anyway.

There also needs to be a resell policy, if things are going to sell out.

diamond pass = get queues down for busy guests by charging more and phasing out more people so the few that can afford it get it?

People who don't buy diamond passes can still meet these big guests but I think by buying one you will for certain meet this guest. I think it's more for people who go to meet one (Or a couple) specific big guests. Loads of people wanted to meet Stan Lee (For example) but because it was busy and all sorts of things happened a a lot of people did not meet him and where disappointed. Buying the diamond pass makes sure that you will meet this one big guest.

• Like 1

diamond pass = get queues down for busy guests by charging more and phasing out more people so the few that can afford it get it?

People who don't buy diamond passes can still meet these big guests but I think by buying one you will for certain meet this guest. I think it's more for people who go to meet one (Or a couple) specific big guests. Loads of people wanted to meet Stan Lee (For example) but because it was busy and all sorts of things happened a a lot of people did not meet him and where disappointed. Buying the diamond pass makes sure that you will meet this one big guest.

so say they did a diamond pass for stan lee - based on what they said - meet and great, photoshoot and auto - and i only wanted a photoshoot - chances are they will cost a fortune, and true they did say limited - so expensive and have to by instant like everyone else?

to me they are just trying to ramp prices up

It's how a lot of events in the US work and unfortunately if it means getting A list guests of the calibre of Weaver or Stallone just for example, most people wouldn't afford their auto prices anyway as you'd be looking at £200-£300 each probably. But if it means getting them or not, is it not better that at least some get the chance?

We'll just have to wait for final details. Maybe it would have been better to hold off saying any of this until all the details had been finalised and tickets were due to go on sale. It's just leading to more and more questions which no-one will have an answer to yet.

Edited by Rockstar6662
  • Like 1

JASON -

Diamond passes =

1 photoshoot

1 auto

done = dont waste peoples time and money with meet and greets and talks that most dont want *points to half empty talk rooms that you charged for at lfcc this year

also

if you have to include talks and meet and greets, restricts time and clashes so dont include

Edited by shawlax
  • Like 5

I'm not really liking the idea of diamond passes. I fear it may price us average joes out of the picture so that we can't meet one of our idols :( I really like the idea of a mobile app though! And having Saturday pre sale only. Like I say the only problem I have is the diamond pass, what with gold ticket holders getting priority too I don't see how many normal entry ticket holders will stand a chance of meeting their special guest

• Like 7

Also having a photo and two autograph items included in the pass it's going to be way way way up in the £100s, for example, this year carrie was £60 per item and £65 for a photo, 2autos is £120 plus the photo op which makes it £185!(which might I add is what I spent this year on the day including carrie and Ian McDiarmid) Then you've got to factor in entry, talks, meet and greet and then a profit for SM, unless of course the autographs are say 1 at full price the other reduced and a discounted photo? But I can't see that happening. I really feel like this is going to make more people disappointed by not being able to afford to meet a specific guest

Edited by Gmorris2504
  • Like 1

With LFCC getting busier each year.. this type of ticket system was inevitable..

It will help with some people and potentially be a hindrance to others..

Highly popular events are great in that they will bring in great guests, but the days of guaranteed photos and autos with everyone you would like will probably become a thing of the past..

basically if you want to meet this big guest and get a auto and photo, you now need to pay for a talk and meet and greet or whatever that usually only some buy inforcing you to pay for stuff you wouldnt normally want

I wouldn't say that. Diamond is just peace of mind for a guest you really want to meet. You can still buy a photoshoot for them in the online store as normal and get the autograph the old fashioned way of turning early to grab a low VT. It'll certainly be a lot cheaper than a Diamond pass.

• Like 1

Also another confusing thing -

i have to buy a 3 day early entry sept 1st because they are limited on a first come and first serve policy

- then a diamond guest is announced? what then?

i have to repay the diamond price which is 15/20 pound more expensive because it includes "entry price" even though ive had to buy it before hand?

• Like 2

Also having a photo and two autograph items included in the pass it's going to be way way way up in the £100s, for example, this year carrie was £60 per item and £65 for a photo, 2autos is £120 plus the photo op which makes it £185! Then you've got to factor in entry, talks, meet and greet and then a profit for SM, unless of course the autographs are say 1 at full price the other reduced and a discounted photo? But I can't see that happening. I really feel like this is going to make more people disappointed by not being able to afford to meet a specific guest

And you can upgrade from Gold, its got to be more than Gold.

Say it was £300, I assume I couldn't just get the two autographs and sell the rest of the package to someone else who was desperate to get their photo and meet and greet?

Just preselling a limited amount of autographs would be so much easier. All round.

• Like 3