How about some positive comments?

I know a lot of people had issues and problems today but how about some positive comments?

For me, guests all fantastic. Jenna Coleman especially! I explained how I could not afford a second photo shoot, so she told me to take a photo while she was signing and then looked at the camera and smiled just as I took the photo, just so my daughter had a photo with her!

The crew on the organisers' booth were fantastic, despite being busy and stressed! They knew what I needed without asking as they remembered me from previous cons! So thank you to them!

To all the crew, while there are those who will disagree (so please don't mention it here), I think you did an amazing job today despite how busy it was and how stressed some of you were! You all made my day with my children so much easier and as a result my son had a minimal amount of meltdowns! THANK YOU!

So anyone else with a POSITIVE comment about today?

• Like 3

Only did Photo shoots.. So really am trying to think of something nice and Positive... Er... Errr.... Still thinking? ....... Err ..... :headscratch: Still trying to think... Err ..... Errr .... It was very busy and I missed a shoot.. Why? Because SM gave the guests only 5 minutes Photo shoot time and over 200 people had to be rushed through. Would like to point out all the Blue shirts I spoke to and told them about the clashes did help out and got me through... That's Positive... Otherwise Still thinking..... Errr

• Like 2

I had a wonderful time. Yes the queues were long and it was really hot but I got to give Carrie Fisher a hug!!! The staff were super friendly and helpful. I was very happy with all my photos. The guests were all charming and I'm looking forward to another day tomorrow!

• Like 1

All the guests I met today were lovely, Juliet Landau especially and since I met her last I'm going home with a huge smile on my face! The Game of Thrones cast, who I went down to see, were wonderful too and I had a great little chat with Kristian Nairn about my home city.

• Like 1

Yes, lots :)

I met Stan Lee!

The Battlestar talk was really good, could of sat there for hours.

I got an autograph from T.J.Thyne and he spent about 3mins with each person shaking you hand and hugging the ladies. He also brought little gifts with him from "Bones". A business card, behind the scenes pictures and little toy bugs to give to everyone. I've never had a guest give me little gifts before. Now I have a bug from the bug guy. :)

I also got 3 photoshoots and I think 5 autographs but I won't list them all.

Some really fun moments.

• Like 3

Milo Ventimiglia

He was amazing, really interactive, very friendly and chatty. I got his autograph first thing, he talks to me about his upcoming project and the beard , he added on my autograph "Good to meet you Bud" and my name. I then have a photoshoot and he remembers me "there's my man, give me one of these" (close wrist thing) and the best bit, he asked how was my bed (I live in London) I told him I couldn't sleep and he said (doing teen stuff ey) xD

Easily my favourite guest of all time and I recommend him to all

Edited by mflowers
  • Like 1

The program that was being sold was an interesting read (so far!), so that was a nice addition. The best part was the first talk on the main stage, everyones favourite Admiral from Battlestar Galactica was an absolute gem, before the talk started he came round and said hi to people, and the talk itself was fantastic, well worth the £15.

I've stated my negatives elsewhere so I won't go into them here.

Summer Glau was lovely, the best guest I met today and we had a chat even though she was super busy!

The Iron Throne and Emperor's Thone shoots were flawless, pay/pose/print and go.

Jeremy Bulloch was a top bloke, standing on "our side" of the table and even let me take a "shelfie" as he called it :P LAD.

Billy Dee Williams is as smooth as ever "this silver pen is crap" lol.

So, got all the sigs I wanted today, got only one to get tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to obtain it.

• Like 1

The guests were a definite positive thing! The four I met today (Summer Glau, Will Tudor, Gethin Anthony and Daniel Portman) were all super lovely - Summer was personalising and adding quotes to the autos despite having a crowd of henchmen around her, and the three boys were just great. All happily willing to chat and Will and Gethin were happy to pose for photos over the table. Yesterday's guests for me were equally fantastic (Guy Siner, David Hewlett, Kristian Nairn, Finn Jones, Philip Grieve and Stan Lee)

The Emperor's throne photo shoot was awesome - I love my picture!

It was chaotic getting in and was very crowded but seeing my 10 year old son's face when he stood next to Stan Lee, my daughter's when she met Jenna Coleman and I got to meet Bernard Cribbins, all so worth it!!!!

• Moderators

Yeh echoing the above really guest were fantastic, I was so excited to meet Bamber and Olmos who were lovely and chatty

Milo was awsome also very chatty, even got a good chat to Summer about her holiday here and around Europe

Juliet Landau was so friendly and chatty. I had wanted to meet her for ages and it was a great experience. She asked if I wanted to join her email list and when I said I already had we had a good chat about her upcoming projects. Also got a hug from Carrie Fisher - she is such a lovely lady and was great to fans - as witty and down to earth as you could imagine. Thought it was very sweet that she brought her dog. Anthony Head was superb as usual. Don't think I will ever tire of meeting him. Such a kind and friendly man.

I agree that it was complete Bedlam today, but some highlights for myself over the Friday and Saturday were:

Edward James Olmos - an absolute STAR! He took the time to shake my hand, ask me where I was from (Wilts.) and how I was finding London, and personalised my BSG 75 Watch Log with '"Sometimes you've got to roll the hard six ... So say we all!" - Admiral Adama' He's been someone whom I've wanted to meet for a long time and I couldn't have been happier!

David Hewlett -another brilliant guy! Handshakes, smiles, talking about the possibility of a sequel to A Dog's Breakfast. He happily signed my Stargate Atlantis canvas (which is a dead give-away to identifying me at a Con!) and was warm and funny.

Stan Lee - I was fortunate to say hello to the True Believer himself on Friday at the early signing and again this morning. All I can say is that for a 91 year old he has great deal of endurance and is being put through the ringer with demands for autographs, photographic shoots, talks, and award ceremonies. I got to say a few words to him on the Friday, but this morning it was a rush to get through the autographs and he seemed genuinely sorry that he wasn't able to speak with his fans more.

Just a shame that by 10:35hrs. this morning EC2 was rammed and the prospect of meeting John Hurt just wasn't a strong enough incentive to battle the 'one out, one in' policy. Definitely an over-sold event, but for me it was worth queuing from 05:30hrs.

What were the moments which made Bedlam bearable for everyone else?

EDIT: Forgot to say, what was Casper Van Dien taking on Friday night!?! He was like a one-man comedy show with his "Bang, pow, thwack!" shouts and banging the desk. Saw Jamie Bamber visibly jump the first couple of times he hit the desk : )

Edited by the Architect

Got to see some lovely people today. Glenn Morshower, Milo Ventimiglia, John Hurt and Curtis Armstrong were my favourites, I think, but it was great to meet everyone. Lovely to see some of my favourite faces there. And big props to the crew - it was a crazy day but we all got through it. ;)

Major positives for me were the pit boss in Photo Area F (saved me a massive stress) & the 3 blue shirted crew around Photo Area A. One was not actually crewing there but listened to my concerns & made me feel so much better. The other 2 who were crewing the area were fantastic with me.

Another thing would be all the attendees I talked to throughout the day. Whether they listened to my stresses or just fangirled/boyed over the guest we were about to meet, made my day!!!