How about some positive comments?

Forgot to add how brilliant my fellow attendees were. From the two Norwegian girls waiting in the David Hewlett queue on Friday night, to the guy that was going on a breakfast run for his group and asked if I wanted anything too. Just wanted to say 'Hi!' again to you all again, hope you enjoyed yourselves, and that people like you make these events.

Edited by the Architect

Had a great day despite the over crowding in the market hall and the temp in there also. I got to meet Stan Lee and Carrie Fisher plus a few others that I wanted to meet, also got some goodies which I was after so all in all a worthy experience and will more than likely attend again next year.

We've been doing LFCC for several years now and this is the busiest I have ever seen it. I'm not good with crowds if I'm honest!

I have been really impressed with the crew over the past 2 days. Despite the chaos outside with the queues, every crew member I spoke to on the inside was polite, calm and smiley which must have been difficult with the amount of people firing questions off all at once! I don't know how often you hear this but I know how hard you guys work at these events, so thank you all! :)

As for positives, I decided I was only going to get 3 autos and have gotten 2 so far. Casper Van Dien was awesome on Friday, I'm not sure where he got his energy from but I would very much like to try some! George Romero was lovely today, I fan girled and was shaking and he was kind enough to roll my poster back up for me after signing it, seeing that my hands were full. I'm going for Dina Meyers tomorrow, so wish me luck! :P

Also thanks to everyone who was kind enough to help me in the queues when I was unrolling/rolling my posters up!

There was a really cool selection of stalls, sadly I couldn't get close enough to buy anything but I have a long list of websites to visit!

Finally thank you to the ladies handing out flyers on Friday night for the vaper stall. My husband purchased a Vaper and This is a huge nudge in the right direction for him to quit for good, so thanks again! :)

Edited by pinkstarbuck

Had a great day. Had loads to do and got it all done. Made a list in the week as to when my photoshoots were and what photo booth we had to go to. We had a timetable to work to. All went well yes had to queue a while sometimes but that was to be expected.

Have to say Jenna Coleman was lovely had a photo which her in the morning which I thought she was very nice and when I got it signed later on she said sorry to me that she wasn't more chatty at the shoot as she didn't feel that well in the morning. She also spoke to me by my name and looked at me when we spoke. Truly a great guest and I would meet her again.

Jason Mews as well was great spoke to me by name and we had a quick chat and was a real polite man.

Stan Lee Shot was great as was Carrie Fisher. Loved the Emperor throne and Tardis console as well.

A great day. Yes it was hot yes my feet and legs now ache but I loved it. We just told ourselves to stay relax and we would get everything done and we did.

Edited by jediwarrior

Got to all the planned talks, shots and even got more autographs today then planned, so everything went better then expected. Thank GOD for our silver passes, Reading and seeing what happened to people trying to buy at the door...

This was my first con and i was thoroughly impressed. I did my research and got there at half 7. Took 15 mibutes to get in after the doors opening. All staff were helpful and friendly under a lot of pressure. Every guest i met were fantastic and really did make you feel like the money was worth it. My highlights were Michael Biehn, Dina Meyer and then Stan Lee walking into me at bout 5pm and saying hi! Did see the huge queues at 4pm but it doesnt hurt to prepare and research. Just reading this forum for a few weeks before gave me everything I needed to make it a fantastic and successful day

• Like 1

Well home...exhausted with queue-itus but happy. Arrived earlier than I expected had earlybird and after a walk right round the building to find the end of the queue, I was pleased to find only about 10 people a head of me. Got in then only negative was spending 2 hrs in a queue to get one talk ticket (needs an express queue. one item or less. lol!) shuffled around got to all I'd booked - photoshoot with paul mcgann was a highlight got there just in time after having to shuffle out of sherlocked talk out the building and into the other one. Also had a go at cosplay masquerade...and got to the dr who talk. Would have liked autos but just run out of time. I was a pool of sweat by end of the day....it was soooo hot, I even had to get hand stamped again ans I'd sweated it away. eep!

Other people were moaning about not being able to get back in....but i managed to go between the two buildings with no fuss.

It was great meeting all the cosplayers and a few in particular it was great to talk to you.
Definately gonna have to do whole weekend next time, pre book everything, and find a cooler cosplay.

here's some positive comments

I got there early Friday and met most of the people i wanted to meet with no issues, everyone was really nice. I chatted to most people for a large amount of time. Couldn't have been happier

Got to Earls Court at 8am this morning, was in the building by 9.30 (it opened at 9), spent the day in the place and finished everything I needed to by 5

It was incredibly busy, very warm at times but with a little organisation and time management I got everything done I wanted.

oh and the days were made better by the person who I bought photo tickets from on Friday being the ticket collector/ripper upper on Photo Shoot area D today, she was a babe

Edited by snot182

Overall, I had a good time. I always limit myself with these events, so I did two photoshoots: Summer Glau and Jenna Coleman. One thing that would be nice is if the staff had loudspeakers, as I didn't even know they were calling out numbers (the people in the queue pointed it out), so after that small issue it was fine (well, apart from two complete pricks in the queue for the second Summer Glau shoot, but I can't blame Showmasters for that).

The photoshoots were quick, as usual, but both Summer and Jenna were great.

Have to say Jenna Coleman was lovely had a photo which her in the morning which I thought she was very nice and when I got it signed later on she said sorry to me that she wasn't more chatty at the shoot as she didn't feel that well in the morning.

She wasn't feeling well by the 5PM shoot (I can't blame her with how hot the place was), so she was sat on a chair, but she still did all the photos with a smile on her face.

in terms of my experience it is all positive with the exception of the length of the preview event. pity it didnt either go on later or start earlier

Im just hoping that the winter one has the same or I might not go as its a LOT quieter and chance to easily browse the stalls, wander around the gusts and generally not get annoyed

Yes, lots :)

I met Stan Lee!

The Battlestar talk was really good, could of sat there for hours.

I got an autograph from T.J.Thyne and he spent about 3mins with each person shaking you hand and hugging the ladies. He also brought little gifts with him from "Bones". A business card, behind the scenes pictures and little toy bugs to give to everyone. I've never had a guest give me little gifts before. Now I have a bug from the bug guy. :)

I also got 3 photoshoots and I think 5 autographs but I won't list them all.

Some really fun moments.

I didn't meet him but I was in the next queue over and I was really impressed with him talking to the guests etc. Seemed a really nice bloke!

The best bit for me was the orderly fashion of which the Stan Lee first photo shoot e.g. only 1-200, 200-250 etc... this made me a little bit better. Although did feel sorry for people will over 1k ticket number

Excluding the obvious problems of today, all the photoshoots I had booked went smoothly and I bought the stuff I wanted to buy. The staff, guests and most of the attendees were awesome! Can't wait for winter LFCC, if only for the fact it will be a lot cooler! 👍

Aside from issues I've already stated. It was fantastic to meet David Hewlett, we had a very quick chat about Matt Smith while having my photo taken

Unfortunately due to issues on the day I didn't get to meet anyone else

The cos players were brilliant as always. I thanked God for them today as they made a very bad day bearable

The Young Adult Literature Convention was brilliant, all the author's talks we attended were brill, just a shame it was tucked away in a corner. Unfortunately we only actually went to one signing because of the overcrowding in the area as soon as Rainbow arrived. Really hope this is made into a bigger deal in the future, and given its own event. :-)

• Like 1

had a wonderful day, met everyone i wanted from stan lee to summer glau and a few in between, yes it was crowded but the cosplay people and the guests were fantastic, thank you for a great weekend look forward to collectormania 22

I personally was dreading going as I have been really unwell all week.

BUT i made myself get up and go and hey a few hours in I felt 100x better... obviously a good cure for me!! :dance:

I had a great day though. David Hewlett has been a big hero of mine and I meet him and had a photo too and I enjoyed all the stalls and the atmosphere.

Big thank you to all the crew at Showmasters. Handled very well. Especially when silly folk were cutting through lines for photoshoots.

I got there around 8am today (Sat) & managed to get my photoshoots & all my autos done. Glad I went to the Stan Lee early Friday morning signing session.

Was very lucky to have met any of the guests I wanted. John Hurt & Michael Biehn were my final two & I got them in record time.

Great two days that I will never forget.

One of the undoubted highlights, one of the greatest things I've ever seen at a SM event, was related to a guest [i'll spare the name at this point] insisting on taking pictures with attendees over the table.

When the crew member strongly objected to this, and started verbally and physically attempting to interject in the taking of the photo, the guest told the crew in no uncertain terms to back off and repeated loudly, "I WILL DO THIS". The guest made it absolutely clear to customers, that he was blatantly not happy with SM' policy of trying to restrict over-the-table photographs.

I've heard other guests make similar statements in the past, but none so forcefully as today. Absolutely brilliant. Made my day!

• Like 2

I had a brilliant day! I got everything done that I wanted to, and there was no waiting around trying to pass time. The guests I met (Lena Headey, Sharni Vinson and Wendy Glenn) were all so wonderful and chatty. It was great!

• Like 1