important message from Showmasters

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

it saddens us to have to inform you that the Entertainment Media Show this March has had to be cancelled.

There have been a number of problems and obstacles which have made the event this March impossible to run.

Its been a hard decision to make but with one thing and another we have decided that this is the best option for both the attendees and the future of the event.

We want to be able to bring you the best events possible with a wide range of the best guests out there.

Over this last few days we have been informed that three of the bigger guests we already booked for this event are no longer able to attend. Also we had several large headline guests lined up which we needed to make the event really work for all the attendees, but I was also told this week that neither of these guests could make the March date either, making the guest line-up not as strong as we wanted it to be or what is needed to make this event work.

We have also been informed of some other major logistical issues with running the event in March , so we no choice than to call it a day .

On the guests aspect i do blame myself somewhat as I am the person who books the guests, so I am sorry for this.

For the past 10 years I and my team have had the time to pull together a good strong guest list for every event. But there have been a number of personal and family issues over the past 4 months which we have

had to deal with which has taken up a lot of time and effort, and it has unfortunately meant that we have not been able to give our full attention to booking guests and putting together the full line-up .

I know its going to upset some of you that we are not able to run this event and I'm really sorry to have to let you down, but I feel that its better to stop and not run an event that is not up to the standards you have come to expect.

We are now going to take the extra time and concentrate our efforts on Collectormania in Milton Keynes this May and LFCC in London this July, to bring you a great event and great line-up .

Many of the guests who are down to attend this show including the ones who had to pull out of the March date are in the middle of being rescheduled to the next two events coming up in May and July. Most will be reconfirmed by Monday and throughout next week. All photo ops will be moved to the new dates and any tickets already purchased will be valid for the new photo shoots. Anyone not being able to attend the new dates should contact us to arrange a refund. All entry tickets will automatically be refunded.

We are now getting back on track and have the time we needed to concentrate on our other events, getting you amazing guests and putting on a full event for you all to attend and something we can be proud of.

Thank you for your understanding.

yours sincerely

Jason Joiner

showmasters

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

While it's sad that the event is not going ahead, it's understandable from the reasons you've given.

Fingers crossed things continue to go well for getting all the guests rescheduled for the next events!

• Showmasters Admin

we are working on it as we speak and its looking fine for most we are just waiting for them to get contracts back to us and some others we are waiting to see what show they want to attend .

we will keep you up to date as soon as we know

jason :P

Whilst i'm sorry to hear the show is cancelled - I look forward to a bigger and better show in Milton Keynes and completely understand the reasons behind the cancellation. You have my full support for the future!!

Can't wait 'til May - bring on even more bigger guests for us please!!

Whilst i'm sorry to hear the show is cancelled - I look forward to a bigger and better show in Milton Keynes and completely understand the reasons behind the cancellation. You have my full support for the future!!

same here.

Totally understandable, all the best to the staff mentioned and I shall look forward to May :lol:

*edited to add* And don't blame yourself for anything, if it wasn't for all of you none of us would of met ANYONE that we have through your events, I hope people bare this in mind however frustrating the cancellation of EMS may be, so thank you very much for all the great people I have met so far ;)

Edited by TheVampireGirl

I sympathize, but man, massive disappointment at the loss of another event. especially one that was looking so good.

I look forward to the next event which I guess now for me will be chev in may.

I hope CM17 isnt hit also considering all the possible venue issues.

thanks for keeping us informed jason, lets hope for clear skies and calm seas for the rest of the year.

I hope Miranda Raison is re announced soon lol, I was so looking forward to meeting her. well so many guests I was at this show, but her the most. keeping my fingers crossed and my photo shoot ticket safe

Edited by 1of2

oh well €200 down the drain for me....... and the same for my 2 friends who had booked non-refundable flights and cheap non-refundable hotels.

Will have to forget about any conventions for the rest of the year now, can't really afford to take the risk.......

I guess the same goes for a lot of the attendees that planned to come from abroad :lol:

88 EUR lost with Eurostar tickets, 40 EUR lost with a non refundable cheap hotel room and in addition i booked a place to attend the theater play 'The Children's Hour' with Keira Knightley on the saturday evening for nothing now...

GUTTED! I'm gonna think twice before ever making plans to attend another con now ;)

It is a total shame, but it's best not to go ahead if you couldn't give it your all, I think everyone would rather that, than a poor show and run the risk of your other conventions.

Having said that......It now means me and the hubs don't miss out on the EMS in March as we had it slap bang in the middle of the end of a family holiday and Fangirling in Cardiff!! (I was fangirling not the hubs!)... :lol:

Take Care xx

Didn't see this coming for this event... There were a few guests I wanted to see. Hope they'd come to LFCC. Not sure about MK but that's me being selfish :-)

For the person with Eurostar ticket etc: why not come London and enjoy the town and the play?

Agreed

Disappointing news. I was looking forward to my first ever signing event. Fortunately, the only thing I had actually paid for so far was the flights, and £41 isn't a lot to write off, but I feel for the people who have lost so much more.

If at all possible, it would be great if you could re-schedule Sean Maher (preferably for Hallowhedon 3) and Nicole de Boer, as they were the two I most wanted to meet.

All the words I want to say would be blocked by the spam filter. I was really looking forward to this show like you wouldn't believe after a hellish 6 months I've had. And I'd literally just booked my damn photoshoots.

I need to know as I'm pretty skint- if I booked 2 days ago- will the order just not be put through or will it then I get a refund? I also got my Gates photoshoot for MK and I DON'T want that to be cancelled.

All the words I want to say would be blocked by the spam filter. I was really looking forward to this show like you wouldn't believe after a hellish 6 months I've had. And I'd literally just booked my damn photoshoots.

I need to know as I'm pretty skint- if I booked 2 days ago- will the order just not be put through or will it then I get a refund? I also got my Gates photoshoot for MK and I DON'T want that to be cancelled.

Feel free to e-mail me the words if it helps :lol:

Your Gates photo shoot ticket will be fine even though you ordered it at the same time.

oh well €200 down the drain for me....... and the same for my 2 friends who had booked non-refundable flights and cheap non-refundable hotels.

Will have to forget about any conventions for the rest of the year now, can't really afford to take the risk.......

Same for me... though it won't be the only convention in the year. I lost 200€ train + hotel that are not refundable...

It's very sad that the event don't happen but when you live far, you have to schedule all and here my boyfriend and I both loose 200€ (each)... I guess I won't be charged for the tickets to that event I bought lately?!