important message from Showmasters

showmasters

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's a risk we take, and an unfortunate one when this happens, but it is understandable when people are a little frustrated.

I'm not attacking you here but I have to disagree, I have never assumed attending an event was a risk? As far as I am concerned I have always attended these events based on the assumption that at least a couple of the guest will cancel (I learnt that lesson very quickly) but it seems now we will all have to assume that any event could be cancelled in the future.

I'm not attacking you here but I have to disagree, I have never assumed attending an event was a risk? As far as I am concerned I have always attended these events based on the assumption that at least a couple of the guest will cancel (I learnt that lesson very quickly) but it seems now we will all have to assume that any event could be cancelled in the future.
To be honest I have always assumed that any event is subject to being cancelled, from conventions to sporting events to concerts. Sometimes thing just happen that can stop this.

• Moderators

Is it a risk to book non-refundable travel and accomodation for ANYTHING? Simple answer - yes.

If we're going to get picky, then I can say that absolutely anything can happen, and that there is never a 100% guarantee on anything. So yes, from that perspective, it is a risk to pay for something that we can't get our money back for.

Do I ever worry? No. But can anyone 100% guarantee that something will go ahead? Not really.

Of course it's very very very very rare that a signing event gets cancelled, but I'd be lying if I said it never happens, and that I can guarantee it'll never happen again. This one being cancelled doesn't change the likelihood of others not happening in the future though.

Attending ANYTHING is a risk...as my husband pointed out to me earlier in a discussion we were having....things get cancelled - football matches, concerts, air flights, anything...it's just one of those things unfotunately and Showmasters aren't any different. NOTHING can be 100 per cent guaranteed in life, just doesn't work that way.

Personally, if I had paid out for travel and/or hotels already, I'd make the most of the weekend and do something else instead with the autograph/photoshoot money I would have spent.

Showmasters wouldn't cancel unless neccessary.

(just took out the extra / in the quote bit)

Edited by Rhianydd

Sad to hear its been cancelled but I was sliding EMS in during a London visit for two theatre shows so nothing really lost for me, a little disappointed but it happens.

I really hope Shauna MacDonald & Miranda Raison don't get booked for C:MK though...I can't make it!! :lol::(:wub:

Edited by Mrs Hat

• Showmasters Admin

Do all you people moaning about losing money and stuff not think the organisers are upset and embarrassed enough without you lot moaning about money and everything....

They do everything they can to put on amazing shows for all of us and if they could have i'm sure they would have put it on... But it's not to be!

They given 6 weeks notice to be fair.

Maybe think about ordering transport / hotels nearer the event next time rather then moaning on here about everything.

Rant over. :lol:

i do not thing its people Moaning its people just upset , which is understandable , and we to are upset as well , we put a lot of work into all these event and to have to cancel one of them is really tough .

so i think we all feel the same and i think everyone is going to need a little time to get over this news.

cancelling this event has also cost us a lot of money as many things had to be paid for in advance as well , so it really was not a easy decision to make but it was the right one in the end .

we are looking good for future shows and i do not see this as something that will be happening again , a lot of the issues that have happened have just come out the blue and i cannot see this situation happening again .

anyway i am going to get back to work with rebooking the guests into the other shows now we have coming up .

and we will have people starting to go through any refunds from monday

thanks for reading

jason

Edited by showmasters

What's the status of the next EMS in November?

There is no "status" .. this is only about this one, not about any others. Everything else is fine until otherwise stated.

It's the 'major logistical issues' that has me curious - no strikes thst weekend for instance, since the venue is the same for November's event I was wondering if it might be that, with Dr Who on one floor.

Hey! Hello....blonde person here

You don't look blonde in your profile pic....well, unless your name is Jewel!

It's more of a dark blonde now. I used to be whitey blonde like the milky bar kid!

Ah...Jewel :wub: - thanks for the reminder :lol:

Edited by 1of2

• Moderators

It's the 'major logistical issues' that has me curious - no strikes thst weekend for instance, since the venue is the same for November's event I was wondering if it might be that, with Dr Who on one floor.

There's nothing that needs to be made into a major issue. Jason has already said everything in the original post, and this is the only event that there's problems with.

and I havent chopped mine off either, got too much opposition lol :lol:

It's one huuuuge step!...gotta be brave to do that!

I chopped it all off when Kieran was about 9, as in VERY short! Felt weird! Wouldnt do it that short again, looked about 12 lol............ooh! then again! lol :D

lol....

I used to do it years ago when working in a hairdressers, used to grow it, then have it all cut to a short bob. Done it a couple of times. Could never do it now though...I cried when Lance's mum cut about 2 inches off last year! lol

Will photoshoot tickets that get moved to either C17 or LF&CC still only apply to the CML day they were originally bought for? I bought 2 Sunday tickets but am planning to go Friday/Saturday for C17...
To a large extent it will depend on what day/s the photo shoot will be allocated to. It's possible that a EMS Saturday only photo shoot may end up being on a Sunday, or even Monday in the case of CM17. Hopefully this will become clearer over the next few days/week.

That said the current assumption is that it will be allowed to carry over to a different day - we are awaiting confirmation of this though.