Answers to FAQ

6 minutes ago, Stassy said:

I'm just curious as to why you can buy a photo session but not an autograph session.  Why is that?

Most likely because you're not guaranteed an autograph outside of the Diamond Passes, Stassy. :smile:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stassy said:

I'm just curious as to why you can buy a photo session but not an autograph session.  Why is that?

With the photos, SM can control the speed of how they are done and they know how many they can fit into a certain amount of time. With the autos, this is basically completely down to the guest as to how fast things move. Some go fast, some like to spend a while with the people coming to see them. This makes it hard for SM to know how many autos each guest will be able to get though in a day, thus, them not pre-selling the autos.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stassy said:

Ah ok, thanks for explaining

Yeah, some guests like Lloyd and RDA are very slow - last time RDA was at LFCC he didn't get much beyond 130 VQ tickets a day.  If an organizer was looking to pre sell the on the day auto's they would quickly find themselves in difficulty because anyone deciding would probably think to themselves that pre selling 2/300 would be absolutely fine.  Then all the people who didn't get through would rightly be up in arms about it.

The mods have said that they did actually try it a while ago and it didn't work.  The diamond pass is their compromise towards this.  It guarantees the auto but also allows them to get more expensive guests.

• Like 2

I have a diamond pass for Alan Tudyk, but attend with my son - who doesn't have a diamond pass!. I've bought him a talk ticket seperately as I can't leave him in the hall by himself for 30-40 minutes, how far back is he likely to get seated, and what do you think is the best way for us to do it? I assume if I queue early for the talk with him he'll be closer to the front and I can still leave him and go to the...front row? Front few rows? He's 12 so not a tiny child, I'm just nervous about losing him if I take my eyes off him for too long! Or do you think he'd be able to sit up front with me / near me? 

Never done a diamond pass before!

7 minutes ago, clairefun said:

I have a diamond pass for Alan Tudyk, but attend with my son - who doesn't have a diamond pass!. I've bought him a talk ticket seperately as I can't leave him in the hall by himself for 30-40 minutes, how far back is he likely to get seated, and what do you think is the best way for us to do it? I assume if I queue early for the talk with him he'll be closer to the front and I can still leave him and go to the...front row? Front few rows? He's 12 so not a tiny child, I'm just nervous about losing him if I take my eyes off him for too long! Or do you think he'd be able to sit up front with me / near me? 

Never done a diamond pass before!

Front few rows for Diamonds.

I don't know how many Diamonds were sold, but that talk will be really busy, I very much doubt he'll be within sight.

He will not be able to sit with you in the Diamond Pass section without a Diamond Pass. You are welcome to join him in the Standard seats, but not the other way round.

• Like 1

You could ask the staff at the time of queuing whether he can stand in the DP queue with you (I believe there is a separate queue that gets let in first), but then once you are let in go and sit in the standard seats. At least then you'll be at the front of that section.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Front few rows for Diamonds.

I don't know how many Diamonds were sold, but that talk will be really busy, I very much doubt he'll be within sight.

He will not be able to sit with you in the Diamond Pass section without a Diamond Pass. You are welcome to join him in the Standard seats, but not the other way round.

Thank you :)

4 hours ago, natedammit said:

You could ask the staff at the time of queuing whether he can stand in the DP queue with you (I believe there is a separate queue that gets let in first), but then once you are let in go and sit in the standard seats. At least then you'll be at the front of that section.

Ooh, thats an interesting idea, thanks - not quite breaking the rules, just perhaps being a little flexible! ;) I'll see what they say on the day. If not...hes been coming with me to lfcc since he was in a pushchair, so maybe I can trust him to stay put a little now he's nearly a teenager! 

Thanks both of you for your help x

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Yeah, some guests like Lloyd and RDA are very slow - last time RDA was at LFCC he didn't get much beyond 130 VQ tickets a day.  If an organizer was looking to pre sell the on the day auto's they would quickly find themselves in difficulty because anyone deciding would probably think to themselves that pre selling 2/300 would be absolutely fine.  Then all the people who didn't get through would rightly be up in arms about it.

The mods have said that they did actually try it a while ago and it didn't work.  The diamond pass is their compromise towards this.  It guarantees the auto but also allows them to get more expensive guests.

Makes sense :D

Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure.  Usually just got the one with a diamond pass in previous years but now I want more and be damned if I'm broke after as this year's line up is awesome. Last one I attended was the Micheal J Fox and Sigourney Weaver line up

Just now, Raylenth said:

Each year is as good as the previous one for some people if they announce people they really want but I think we are especially blessed this year :wub:

Yes, yes, you're fangirling over a certain someone. ;) (And I don't blame you. :smile:)

2 hours ago, lesleynile said:

Asking on behalf of someone else.......if child tickets are sold out is it OK to buy an adult ticket instead? 

Yes. But not other way round.

Are they sold out? If they are - sorry Eventbrite hates my phone - I will check if more will be added.

Could I ask (and apologies if its been answered before):-

If you have a diamond pass for a very popular guest and you're not going to be taking advantage of all five autograph slots, is it acceptable to offer to get things singed for fellow attendees who don't have Diamond Passes? (Obviously they would have to pay the autograph fee, philanthropy only goes as far as the bank manager will allow!!)

Also, if you have a Diamond Pass but don't wish to have your photograph taken, is it allowable to allow someone else to have that photo opportunity?

Yes you can take items through for other people Tom, that's absolutely fine.  You have to pay, as the pass holder in the queue (they can't come up in the queue with you and hand over their money to the crew member) but if they have paid or owe you after the fact that's for you to sort obviously.

No you cannot give your pass to someone else to use the photo portion I'm afraid, they are non transferable.

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Yes you can take items through for other people Tom, that's absolutely fine.  You have to pay, as the pass holder in the queue (they can't come up in the queue with you and hand over their money to the crew member) but if they have paid or owe you after the fact that's for you to sort obviously.

No you cannot give your pass to someone else to use the photo portion I'm afraid, they are non transferable.

Cheers Ralenth. Shame about not being able to gift the photo to someone as it will most likely go unused, but 'them be the rules!'.

I have a very theoritical question.

Let's say there is someone i'd like to buy my first ever Diamond Pass for.

Let's say this person attends Saturday & Sunday.

Let's say I don't care about the talk so I won't attend it.

Let's say I'm there on Sunday only.

Let's say I choose a photoshoot on Sunday.

Will I still be able to get this person's autograph on that only day I'm there? I know DP gives me priority, but is it for one day only, or doesn't it matter when I go for the autograph?

Hope that makes sense. Thanks. :D