Sign in to follow this  
showmasters

Leonard Nimoy - sad news

We are very saddened to hear about the passing of Leonard Nimoy. he was a brilliant and talented human being and a pleasure to work with.

Our thoughts go out to his family.

• Like 9

A great loss to the star trek family.

I will treasure the memories and a wonderful 30 second conversation with a great man.

Edited by 7of9

Devestated to hear the news about Mr Nimoy, never had the privilege of meeting him. A true icon who will be sadly missed

Superlatives are bandied about too readily these days, but he really was a legend.

Thank you, Rest In Peace.

So very sad.He was at MK June 2009.Met him many times.The gang of 7 is now down to 4.Maybe get them all to a SM event as a tribute to Leonard?

• Like 1

A big shame to loose an icon these days we are losing more and more icons so showmasters lets get them booked

• Like 2

Very sad news. Thoughts to his family and friends at this time.

Met him in Mk a few years ago. A lovely man.

• Like 1

It's a tribute to how alive he always was that even at the age of 83 we're all shocked and saddened to hear this terrible news.

I was lucky enough to meet him a few times over the years, the last time at MK in 2009.

I think we were all hoping that for the 50th anniversary next year he'd be tempted back to a show here in the UK and one in the US, all the surviving main crew together.

Every time I met him I found him to be a truly humble and genuinely nice person to meet. The talks I saw him give were always fascinating - giving real glimpses of his intellect and his humour. It was easy to see why he had such a long career - who wouldn't want to work with such a man.

I know we'll all miss him - but I also know that his work really will live on forever.

I may not be a Star Trek fan although I do know that practically my entire Twitter timeline was filled with my Trekkie Friends either adding how they felt or indeed retweets etc and I felt very sad on their behalf as well as all the Trek fans around the World and from what I can ascertain he meant a great deal.

My experience with how Leonard Nimoy touched me can go way back to 1989 and when I first saw Three Men and a Baby its always remained one of my favourite movies and its down to whom Directed it - Leonard Nimoy and so I grieve for his amazing piece of work for this - also I also know how much of a significant role he had for The Big Bang Boys and how their love for him was very much interwined in some of the best storylines they did - the aforementioned Three Men and Big Bang is what I know and appreciate Leonard for.

My thoughts go out to his Family, Friends and Fans at this very sad and difficult time.

• Like 1