Taking the London Film and Comic Con forward in 2015 and beyond

• Moderators

As has been said before, Jason is dyslexic. We try to help and clear things up where possible but Jason's clearly trying to answer people where he can, so people should appreciate that. If he doesn't then people moan there's no response either.

This was a heads up and already clearly stated as a 'more to come' .. people complain about radio silence often, yet when something is posted then some say SM should have waited.. can't please everyone! :)

• Like 2

Seriously the posts by Showmasters are clear and understandable, if you find them confusing then try reading them using some commonsense, rather than pointing out that there are spelling and grammar errors. No-one deserves that to be pointed out to them.

Ahem, common sense :P

How are you supposed to learn from your mistakes if they aren't pointed out?

Edited by TerraHawk

Has been said here before, but if a guest were to be announced that I wanted to meet and get an auto from, I don't want 2 autographs, I just pick an item I own and get that one thing signed, I don't need two. I don't want a photo with said guest (I got one with Stan Lee but that's Stan, and tbh the experience wasn't amazing). I don't want to go to a talk, I can see talks online if I wish and I don't want to have a personal meet and greet as for me, the meet and greet is part of queuing and getting the auto and having a little chat while it's being done.

But

I do want to guarantee I meet the guest.

Would I still be able to queue as normal (with a VQT) I just want a guaranteed autograph ticket, much like the photo shoot tickets.

• Like 1

Same here, i am not interested one bit in talks, meet and greets etc. I very rarely do photoshoots either but then again if it is major guests then sure maybe would be cool to get a photo. But why have 2 autos in the package? The bigger guest at LFCC was around 60-70 £ so im guessing that the autos from these Diamond people would get higher prices and if you then double that with 2 autos that could get very expensive. If these can be a bit more flexible regarding the content it would get alot more interesting. Perhaps have 1 auto included in the pass when you buy it and with an option to upgrade to pay for Another at the table/Convention? I like the idea of guaranteed auto though, seeing as i pay 3-350 Pounds just to get to the uk and hotel it would be nice to not have to worry not getting the autos im after. So if a "pack" is required for this then maybe have it 1 auto + 1 photo and with options for people to add on things either when they buy the pass or at the Convention?

Its better to discuss it now Before things are finalized and decided upon and easier to change then when its been implemented me Thinks. Again i like the idea and hope it turns out to be something usefull.

• Like 3

I'd be the opposite to many of you here, the autographs are the least interesting thing to me, I'd be much more interested in photoshoots/meet & greets/talks, the signature doesn't bother me much, it's the meeting that I'm more keen on.

So you have to commit yourself to a show before any guests are announced? The preview is from 12 noon? This is helping us how exactly? The big turn out was MOSTLY for Stan lee as far as i could see. Whereas before i was getting the train and getting to the venue in plenty of time before the six pm opening now ill have to go up on the Thursday to get there at a decent time as the first train from Swansea doesn't leave early enough. So more expense now for an unnecessary extra night. Why are on the day tickets being abandoned? You are still going to have the same amount of people turn up irrespective of if they have prebooked or not. But then again if you have someone in mind of the same calibre as mr lee which i find doubtful are you really expecting such a huge turnout? The only good thing i am pleased about in the original post is the fact that it is held in Olympia apart from that lots of no nos on this one. I know my opinions don't count and any negatively means the post will be deleted but there we go....

The one concern I have is the Diamond passes possibly limiting what normal passes can get. DSTL has the various packages, but the last time I went for that I found it to be a bit of a waste. Free autographs I wasn't interested in, access to talks that conflicted with what I DID need to get. This time I am just customising my own package, buying each separate item I need and avoiding the stuff I don't need. I would like it if this was similar, and each person could customise their own personal weekend, avoiding whatever things they don't need. But I'm concerned that with Diamond guests possibly having limited photoshoot or auto sessions will mean that you NEED to fork out for things you don't want or need just to be able to get an autograph or photo.

• Like 2

I just worry that in order to get an autograph and photoshoot with 'Harrison Ford', I have to buy a Diamond Ticket which includes a talk and meet and greet which I am not interested in. Unless they do a version of the diamond ticket which doesn't include everything. To be honest, and to use the last LFCC as an example, I had so many autographs and photoshoots to get that I had no time for talks. I know the diamond ticket will guarantee meeting the big name guest, but after these and the golds go through, does anyone else stand a chance by going in on a first come first served to get a VT? Or are the big named guests Diamond Ticket only? p.s I spent ages stressing during the run up to the last LFCC, I so don't want to spend the next year worrying about the next one. I do wish Showmasters had waited and given us all the info at the same time. Now there's just worry and speculation as to how it will all work and what it all means.

• Like 2

I said it before this is only the start of weeding out the wheat from the chaff. I will let you in cos you have a diamond pass. I wont let you in as you are only a poor mortal with limited income

i only go to these for the autograph's so why should fans like me and countless others be made to suffer? Perhaps its our lot in life?

• Like 3

So you have to commit yourself to a show before any guests are announced? The preview is from 12 noon? This is helping us how exactly? The big turn out was MOSTLY for Stan lee as far as i could see. Whereas before i was getting the train and getting to the venue in plenty of time before the six pm opening now ill have to go up on the Thursday to get there at a decent time as the first train from Swansea doesn't leave early enough. So more expense now for an unnecessary extra night. Why are on the day tickets being abandoned? You are still going to have the same amount of people turn up irrespective of if they have prebooked or not.

I thought you weren't going again anyway?

A lot of people were asking for a full Friday - the preview is only one hour less than that. Whilst I disagree with pay in advance only (I'd have any unsold left of the door) it does mean they control the numbers. They can sell 10000, no more. You'd know no point going if you'd left it too late. If you hadn't you could turn up at 6pm on Friday and still get in, you'd have a ticket. It's unlikely you'd have many VQ guests do Friday only, and getting regular one day guests usually isn't a problem no matter what time you show up.

Even if it only helps 50%, that's 50% that won#t be in your way when you are there.

• Like 2

I have to say, I find it really hard reading in the forum since this years LFCC. People complain that showmasters isn't listening and working on improvements...then showmasters comes up with what, I personally think are good improvements and ways to move the show forward, but now people complain that it doesn't fit their personal needs and views.

I really admire the people who post on behalf of showmasters here, because I would not have the patience to constantly repeat myself over and over again because people don't read the posts properly.

• Like 4

It would appear I may be in a minority here but I really don't see much difference with the tiers of passes. Working on the example that Jason has given:

Normal/Early Bird Pass - both gain you entry to the building. You need to purchase photograph and autograph tickets.

Gold Pass - gain you entry to the building and allow you to jump to the front of photograph queues and join virtual ticket queues without needing to obtain a virtual ticket, a seat at any paid talks. You need to purchase photograph and autograph tickets.

Diamond Pass - gains you entry to the building, a seat at any paid and gets you a photograph and two autographs and attendance a meet/greet.

The only real difference I can see is that pass price will include the cost of the photoshoot and two autographs which would have to be paid for in any event. As Jason said in his initial post it is an example and not cast in stone and will be unique according to each guest.

Something else I have thought of, and this is not knocking SM, but SM cannot guarantee that every visitor who attends an event wanting a photograph/autograph of Guest A will get one because there are only so many hours at the event and each activity takes time away from the other and "demand" may well outstrip "supply" - Stan Lee having been a prime example.

Edited by Knitty Fred

I have to say, I find it really hard reading in the forum since this years LFCC. People complain that showmasters isn't listening and working on improvements...then showmasters comes up with what, I personally think are good improvements and ways to move the show forward, but now people complain that it doesn't fit their personal needs and views.

I really admire the people who post on behalf of showmasters here, because I would not have the patience to constantly repeat myself over and over again because people don't read the posts properly.

I agree with you totally. One thing I've noticed is that people (and I'm generalising here) don't check topics that have been posted previously before starting a new one so the forums can end up with duplicates. I think my forums problems is I use an alternative site where mods/admins are able to merge topic threads easily so duplicate threads don't happen and you're able to expand the list of topics you see immediately without needing to scroll through pages/pages and that there are boards for specifics in the way that there is here but there is also then there are dedicated ones such as FAQ. So, working from the SM forum, you would have a board for each event and then a FAQ board which would cover everything else, so things like the complaints/this thread etc would be in the FAQ rather than under the event page.

• Like 1

would anyone who was behind partitioning at this years show( Carrie Fisher, John Hurt etc) be considered DP and does that mean to "Guarentee" meeting them next year you will have to pay for a DP not the £60/£40 it was this year? I know the same guest won't be here next year, just an example. I can see future shows being full of guests behind screens and anyone slighty busier than most being a DP. Still can't believe how the solution to all the problems to this years show has become more expensive packages. If the saturday is pre-booked only there should be no need for DP. And what happenes if people leave by noon on saturday will there be an half empty venue come 2pm.

The early friday though is a great idea and will mean that future lfcc cons will be a minimum 2 day event for me now and should be alot less stressfull.

Edited by cropsy2008

The passes should be tiered to suit everyone.

DP1- guarenteed auto £

DP2- guarenteed photo £

DP3- DP1 + DP2 ££

DP4- Guest talk £

DP5- DP3 + DP4 £££

DP6- DP5 + meet & greet ££££

Obviousley there would only be set amounts of each type for pre-sale. I'm pretty sure they would sell 90%+ of these if it truly was a massive guest.

This way it makes it affordable for all attendees and you can only purchase what you want.

Edited by johnnyrock99
  • Like 2

I'm not sure why so many people think they won't be able to meet the guest because of the Diamond pass. I mean the comic gold pass this year was basically a prototype of it for Stan Lee (Just minus the inclusion of a pre-paid auto and photo with it) and plenty of people without the Comic Gold or even normal gold managed to get his autograph and photoshoot. Plenty more would have too if his age hadn't caught up with him to the point where he needed to stop.

I do think the Diamond pass is a great idea which will offer the real fans of a diamond guest a great opportunity. It's a fan focused pass rather than one geared towards people who mass collect autographs of any old Joe. If Bill Murray or David Duchovny were announced I'd definitely want a diamond pass. Autograph, photoshoot, talk, meet and greet, the head, the tail, the whole damn thing! As a genuine fan of both there's no doubt about it.

SM just have to make sure they deliver on the experience so fans aren't left feeling ripped off.

DP1- guarenteed auto £

DP2- guarenteed photo £

DP3- DP1 + DP2 ££

DP4- Guest talk £

DP5- DP3 + DP4 £££

Obviousley there would only be set amounts of each type for pre-sale. I'm pretty sure they would sell 90%+ of these if it truly was a massive guest.

This way it makes it affordable for all attendees and you can only purchase what you want.

Err.. :uhoh::help::headscratch:

How about something simple...

Guest photo... £---- one price

Autograph ......£---- One price (normally the same as photo)

Wouldn't that be better?

If I wanted a Diamond, then I would go to a Jewellers. :crying:

DP1- guarenteed auto £

DP2- guarenteed photo £

DP3- DP1 + DP2 ££

DP4- Guest talk £

DP5- DP3 + DP4 £££

Wouldn't that be better?

This wouldn't be a diamond pass then.

This is an exampled option to suit everyone. I personally don't want anything other than an auto, so I don't want to pay say £200 for just an auto and leave the other perks to waste.

DP1- guarenteed auto £

DP2- guarenteed photo £

DP3- DP1 + DP2 ££

DP4- Guest talk £

DP5- DP3 + DP4 £££

Wouldn't that be better?

This wouldn't be a diamond pass then.

This is an exampled option to suit everyone. I personally don't want anything other than an auto, so I don't want to pay say £200 for just an auto and leave the other perks to waste.

That's the scenario when you buy a normal or gold pass and queue for the autograph.

• Showmasters Admin

would anyone who was behind partitioning at this years show( Carrie Fisher, John Hurt etc) be considered DP and does that mean to "Guarentee" meeting them next year you will have to pay for a DP not the £60/£40 it was this year? I know the same guest won't be here next year, just an example. I can see future shows being full of guests behind screens and anyone slighty busier than most being a DP. Still can't believe how the solution to all the problems to this years show has become more expensive packages. If the saturday is pre-booked only there should be no need for DP. And what happenes if people leave by noon on saturday will there be an half empty venue come 2pm.

The early friday though is a great idea and will mean that future lfcc cons will be a minimum 2 day event for me now and should be alot less stressfull.

none of the guest from this years show would have been a diamond pass other than Stan ( meaning that anyone that really wanted everything from him could guarantee they had it covered even though everyone that did pre buy something from him did get it this year but people wanting autographs on the day did not all get seen ) this would resolve this as people would have a path to guarantee there autographs which they could not at the last LFCC , so that helps

next

Pre selling tickets in advance stops there being any walk in tickets on the busiest day Saturday and over time it maybe needed for the sunday also doing away with queues for on the day tickets so no one has to be in lines to by tickets on the day this clears the doors of people buying tickets so we can let two lines of people going through 4 doors at the same time allowing the entry into the hall at twice the speed it is now so even if we have twice the pre ticket sales in advance it will make the door no longer to get in when intact it means on our numbers everyone would be in the hall in around 30 minuets or so so the entry into the show would be lees to manages as everyone is for pre paid and the lines going around the building could be wider and that means it gos around the building less and its more manageable , so again this helps everyone

one thing that everyone is missing the point here on totally including Toni we are not making the guest you see harder or more expensive in any way , we are looking to be able to book guest that at this time the model we have in place just dose not work , so carrie fisher would be at the show like this year doing the same thing as she did this year no different as her deal works and we can driver this and cover kurt costs involved , but if we were to get Harrison Ford as the way we do things right now we would just have to say know to him as we would not cover our costs and we would loose out , so we have to fish a way forward to be able to offer these guests and this is the way forward , the diamond pass holders will take majority of the costs involved in covering the expenses and as such these people will get priority on meeting the guest , but people attending the show on other passes and standard entry will also benefit as they will be able to buy tickets relating to these big guests also , so if they agree to a extra photo shoot out side of the diamond pass shoot this will be made available to everyone throughout the shop as normal if they are up for publicly signing then again you will all get that chance and again gos for the photo ops , again i have to stress these are not going to be for your normal guests we are talking your mega starts that we have been getting some positive feed back from and like stan lee there needs to be a system in place to cater for you and them if we get offered them for future events and this works for everyone so why would we not do this ?, i hope that this helps explain what we are planning here,

thanks

jason

• Like 2

Thanks for the extra clarification Jason. I'm trying to resist judgement until full details are disclosed, but I know there's no way I could afford a Diamond pass. It's not a complaint though because at least I know if I had the money the option is there! I have faith that any 'Diamond Pass Guest' you get you'll try and persuade them to do as much as possible to please everyone.

But, it's up to guest at the end of the day.

Edited by riot_star
  • Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

I said it before this is only the start of weeding out the wheat from the chaff. I will let you in cos you have a diamond pass. I wont let you in as you are only a poor mortal with limited income

i only go to these for the autograph's so why should fans like me and countless others be made to suffer? Perhaps its our lot in life?

Yes Toni i also thought you said you were not going again ?

who is making you suffer Toni ? we are getting the door lines down , we are getting amazing guest that you would not be abel to meet brought into london so its easy for you to get there autograph , and we are now opening for longer on the friday so everyone get get in early and we can spread the signings and photo ops over a longer time so more people can get what they need when they need it , so where are we making you suffer my friend ?

i think you are feeding the worry some of the newer people on here have and maybe create a little drama but most of you all know we are not in tho sot make as much out of you as we can we just want to get what we need to make the events happen and get the guest over so we get to meet them also, these new things are not here to affect people with less to spend or make it harder we want it to be easier and this year showed us we needed to reinvent some of the aspects of the show to make them work better and thats just what we are doing , its interesting how the things we are trying to fix with these improvements have been a little lost and it seems that the most important aspects is the diamond pass ? which seems to say that you know we will fix the growing pains we hd las month but the new tickets is of more concern for you ?, every year we look at things and try to improve them so its better for you and so the show works better and can grow , thats all we are again , we want more guests , bigger names less queuing and it to be easier and more fun for everyone , and this is how we plan to improve things .

again hope that is of help

jason

• Like 1

Jason,

As the Diamond passes are a bit of a new venture for you do you think it might be worth doing a rudimentary poll on the forum as to just how much a fan would pay to meet say a Harrison or a Sigourney for example? It might be a good market research for you when trying to get the "mega stars".