Big guest announcement tomorrow at 7 pm

Ah, I didn't know that about John Simm. I didn't say he was unpleasant or would never attend. It just didn't seem like his thing to do. Sad I missed him now because I love Life on Mars and I recently watched Prey. His acting in both is superb.

The reason I said that about him hating being bothered when out and about is this article I read:

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2013/may/28/john-simm-doctor-who-fans

"It's great to be into something, but for goodness' sake, really? I'm not the Master, I'm not that evil Time Lord who rules the galaxy, I'm just in Tesco with my kids. Leave me alone!"

Though that could most likely have been overzealous fans screaming "IT'S THE MASTER!!!" and not just someone being polite in saying they like his work.

I hope it is a DW guest or even another GoT guest which we have a lot of atm. Maybe Karen Gillan or Alex Kingston like Sam_Carter96 said. But I would like it to be Tennant or Smith. I would really like it to be Peter Davison or Tom Baker but i don't think either of those two would get a special announcement as SM have had them a few times before. Saying all of this it could even be Hamill or Fisher as everyone was saying before. Either way i am broke!

:grump::crying::clap:

Ah, I didn't know that about John Simm. I didn't say he was unpleasant or would never attend. It just didn't seem like his thing to do. Sad I missed him now because I love Life on Mars and I recently watched Prey. His acting in both is superb.

The reason I said that about him hating being bothered when out and about is this article I read:

"It's great to be into something, but for goodness' sake, really? I'm not the Master, I'm not that evil Time Lord who rules the galaxy, I'm just in Tesco with my kids. Leave me alone!"

Though that could most likely have been overzealous fans screaming "IT'S THE MASTER!!!" and not just someone being polite in saying they like his work.

I also thought he was great in State of Play alongside David Morrissey.

That's exactly the sort of thing the Master would say! Hmm.....

• Like 2

isnt capaldi and Jenna doing an international tour thing? is that exclusively to BBC or does that mean they are doing cons like this?

Austin St. John a while s go said he was in talks with london. cos David Yost and Bulk and Skull are here maybe he's doing it too?

Maybe Fiz-Simmons from Agents of Shield? being as they are british LOL!

or maybe Sarah Lancashire as she was in Doctor who... and Keeley Hawes WILL be in Doctor Who..?

Tell you what would be lovely - whoever the guest is - let's not have any posts saying how 'disappointed' you are or how they're 'not for me' if it's someone you don't want to meet. Doesn't really serve any purpose, and it's not really that respectful to a ) the guest and b ) the folk in the Showmasters offices who've worked hard to get the particular guest to attend.

If it's someone I don't want to meet I just put my credit card back in my wallet and get on with my day.

C) Rude to the people who are happy about the event or guest.

Every party has a pooper who wants to rain on the parades of others though, for whatever weird little reason.

Edited by stevie_g

There's a difference between not wanting to meet fans at all, like at a convention, or being harassed by people when you're out with your family.

Edited by SammyRomie