The Countdown Continues - 5 weeks to go!

32 days and counting...

only today we've now added details about a trailer zone, which will be previewing upcoming trailers for some exciting titles coming soon, and have you seen what will be available in the auction - if you haven't make sure you check out the thread posted today, some really cool items are included.

So, we're interested in knowing how you first heard about London FIlm and Comic Con - was it from visiting other Showmasters events, adverts, friends? What made you visit your first ever show, or if LFCC 2014 is your first show, what has attracted you this year??

Went to doctor who anniversary event and loved it so was asking on a doctor who forum whether anyone knew of any doctor who cons, and MK collectormania was suggested…I googled collectormania and found out SM did other events one of which was in london. Which is why this is my first one. :)

So, we're interested in knowing how you first heard about London FIlm and Comic Con - was it from visiting other Showmasters events, adverts, friends? What made you visit your first ever show, or if LFCC 2014 is your first show, what has attracted you this year??

Hey all,

Well I saw that Paul McGann was going to be in Cardiff this year so made the trek. With the great experience I had with that event, I tried Milton Keynes. Another great experience was had so decided to bite the bullet and try London. This will be my 1st time, and with the guests listed, it's going to be a busy weekend. Can only spend 5 hours on Saturday but all day Sunday after travelling 4 hours each way. Going to be hectic but I’m sure worth it.

Take care,

Matty-lad

• Like 1

32 days and counting...

only today we've now added details about a trailer zone, which will be previewing upcoming trailers for some exciting titles coming soon, and have you seen what will be available in the auction - if you haven't make sure you check out the thread posted today, some really cool items are included.

LFCC 2014 is gonna be our first LFCC show, first attraction? The probably absolute last chance ever to meet Stan Lee + Doctor 8th being there made it an event we didn't want to miss. I'll have to admit though with every new announcement of a guest and activities I'm getting more and more excited for this. Glad we've bought Silver tickets, because I think we'll really gonna need them to do everything we want to do :whistling:

• Like 1

32 days and counting...

Back in 2009 when I first came to LFCC I saw an advert for it in Empire magazine. Been hooked ever since!!!

32 days and counting...

I saw it advertised in a newspaper (Can't remember which one) back in 2008 the day before it took place.

32 days and counting...

Flyer at another non-British convention. The summer edition of LFCC 2013 was my first British convention. Since I went to the winter edition, last Collectormania Milton Keyes and now LFCC again! The amazing line up is worth the travel.

We were looking for something to do for our 1st wedding anniversary (paper) and we are both huge Stargate fans. I searched for Stargate actors appearances and saw Chris Judge & Ben Browder were at LFCC 2012, so "paper" became LFCC and photoshoot tickets!

• Like 1

32 days and counting...

A friend from a streaming website told me about the event and LFCC 2013 was my first SM event that I went to and I mainly went as there was a really cool guest line up like Reedus, Dinklage and the voice of Mario :smile:

First event was Collectormania 4 in Milton Keynes back in 2003. First LFCC was 2011, can't particularly recall why I chose that as my first and not any earlier though Karen Gillan and Christopher Lambert being there were probably the decider :)

2012 was my first time to a Showmaster event, I think it must of been at the Star Trek Excel saw a flyer and the rest is history... Must admit once you start attending they really grow on you... and you hate missing a show. Never knew any of these shows happened here until then. :smile:

First event was Collectormania 13 when it was back in the shopping centre. Saw an advert for it in the local paper possibly the day before the con that showed John Barrowman was attending and as only a 20 minute drive away I knew I had to go, never looked back since.

tumblr_ln6s1s54Mw1qa6skv.gif

• Like 1

My first SM event was LFCC 2006. I don't even recall how I learned about it, but I did and it changed my life. I attended LFCC 2008 and 2009 before taking a two year break and attending the Entertainment Media Show in 2011. It then took me another two years to get back into the game and I finally returned to LFCC in 2013. :)

I first found out about LFCC a couple of years ago when I was on YouTube and a video came up all about it. I've been meaning to go since then but I've either had other commitments or I miss the dates. So this year I made sure I saved the date and booked a ticket especially as on the website there is a pic of Ecto 1 and KITT on display at last year's show so I'm hoping they will be there this year. Ecto 1 especially as Ghostbusters has turned 30 years old.

I was doing a search for conventions in London, as I moved in the city just one month ago (First: find a job. Second: find a flat. Third: find a convention!!!) So it's gonna be my first con in England, so excited!!

We were looking for something to do for our 1st wedding anniversary (paper) and we are both huge Stargate fans. I searched for Stargate actors appearances and saw Chris Judge & Ben Browder were at LFCC 2012, so "paper" became LFCC and photoshoot tickets!

We do that too! It's our 8th anniversary this year...according to Wiki (which is the one we've been using since the day we got married) it's SALT this year...booked us both a Floatation Tank experience as they use Epsom Salts lol!

To be honest, I can't actually remember how I first heard about this...I think I was searching Google for Stan Lee signed as gift ideas for my husband's 30th birthday present and it brought it up.

When I found out about it being Stan Lee's last ever...the autograph option etc I decided we should go if we could afford it and started looking around but then when you announced the last photoshoot tickets that's when I actually booked.

It's our first con and it's a complete surprise for him...not telling him which train we're getting or where it's going til we're on it and then telling him about the con once we arrive at it on the Friday night!!!

I'm SO excited cos this will mean the world to him and I get to meet Sean Maher (swoon)!

Really excited to see Optimus Prime & Bumblebee too.

Will probably book other shoots or autographs when we get there if there are any left as there's no one Iwe'ddesperately desperately like to see.

I knew about conventions and you guys from SM from 2007 when I joined an autograph collecing forum and read reports from people who had gone to cons. When in 2011 it happened to be around the same time as we visited London with friends for a HP premiere and you had alot of HP actors, we decided to try it. We've been going to every LFCC since and I also was at one Collectormania and three Chevrons.

First LFCC I attended was 2012 (I think) because some Internet friends were going and arranged a meet up. It was the first one I wasn't going to be away for as well. First SM show was CM:MK 5. Possibly. Know I also went to 7, but sure that wasn't my first. A friend local to MK had heard about it and saw that some Buffy people were going to be there and WE SHOULD TOTALLY GO!

Really excited to go again this year.