Outstanding crew members....who were your stars?

I thought that I would start a thread to mention the outstanding crew members. I would like to say a big THANK YOU to Alison (red shirt!) who helped me sort out my stupidity in forgetting to use my pre-paid Jeri Ryan autograph ticket. I just want to say thank you for your patience and kindness in helping me out. You are a star! :smile::thumbup:

Not sure what his name was, but there was a guy in blue top working both Photo Area C and D (though I think more C) and despite being constantly being surrounded by attendees with questions, he kept calm and helped as many people out as he could! He was also very nice and understanding about me needing additional help because of my autistic son!

Man with big booming voice in charge of queuing in Photo Op B area...(I think)...made sure everyone went in ticket colour/no order and didn't let people push in unless they were Gold Pass Holders etc...although the queue was slow moving due to the photographer, this guy made sure the queue never became disorganised...he had a very sweet pretty young blonde girl helping out too...

Made the wait for Charles Dance very pleasant..thank you..:D

• Like 1

I can tell you who was NOT a star, the blue crew guy who was doing Holly's shoot in the afternoon, SO rude. Ignored me twce, and he heard me.

The guy who did Haydens shoot was lovely bless him, kept calm when going through like 500 people! answered everyone without ignoring them! All staff on the reg booth and the sales desks were SO nice! I went to check Brians shoot, which had been rearanged and the girl who helped me was so lovely (young long dark hair in a blue shirt) Thank you!

As a former crew member I understand how hard it can be but also how much fun it is.

That said the event I worked in MK many years ago wasn't nearly as busy as this event was so I saw first hand how much hard work it was. All I can say is well done, you certainly made the event the experience it was. Thank you.

The guy who was organising the queue for photoshoot A on Saturday, he was loud and clear - I knew exactly where I needed to be for all my photoshoots at A (This was my first big convention and I was unsure how things worked). He then saw me in the photo collection area and told me where to find my Carl Urban photo (I must have looked rather lost!!). :thumbup:

All the crew I had dealings with were lovely though, and I want to thank all the crew for a lovely event :smile:

Edited by Rberry*
  • Like 2

The guy organising the queuing for photoshoot A which I believe was the Gillian, Jeri and Hayden booth. He was loud and clear. :thumbup:

absolutley, think his name was Barry. I stood there for a while as I had Gillian and then Karl Urban photo. At first everybody said he was a bit power pissed, but after 5 mins you could see how hard the job was and that he did an excellent job.

Many thanks to the man

I don't know her name, but the crew member who was sat at the table with Brian Krause, for taking my photo of me and him (and managing to get a decent pic on my blackberry after my camera decided not to work earlier in the day!)...I don't think I remembered to thank her, sorry! Thank you!

Also, the female crew member at the afternoon Holly shoot for getting me into the line quicker, with no hassle, since it clashed with my Brian photo shoot. Thanks!

Overall though, I had no issues at all with any crew I spoke to or came into contact with this time - all were friendly and helpful at what must have been a stressful day! :)

I didn't take note of the names, but the two staff members for the middle queue in the section for purchasing photoshoot tickets (one was male and one was female) were extremely helpful and polite (it was around 11AM). They couldn't do what I wanted, but that's not exactly their fault in any way and they did their best to find a solution which was reasonable (i,e, letting me pay the difference and swap a ticket for a photoshoot I missed for a different one).

There was a lady with a short blonde bob who was crewing Holly's photoshoot on Saturday afternoon that I must give the biggest thank you to!!!

She helped me out so much when my Brian Krause photo ticket was snaffled out of my pocket leaving me with no ticket to get through his shoot when it was straight after Holly's bless her she ran over with me explained everything to the staff at his shoot and let me get through and saved me a LOT of tears!!!!!

So whoever you were thank you so so much you were a star!!! :-)

The two guys at the bag collection point in Photo Area A on Sunday were cool to joke with.

Same with the lady at the bag collection point in Photo Area D. She found it strange that a man's bag is heavier than a lady's. I replied, "I use it to keep my hand cream and lip balm", which, as a confident metrosexual, am proud to admit is true :D

Crew members at both photo tables were extremely helpful, informative, and one thanked me for asking her to pick up the photo rather than using my moisturised hands (moisturiser I use is good for nails as well BTW).

EDIT: Corrected grammatical erras :D

Edited by Not_Pennys_Ship

All the members of the crew that i did have interaction with were pretty nice and organised. Although i think most thanks goes to the guy who organised the Adam baldwin queue who kept things organised, had a good personality, humour and kept things as positive as possible.

There was also a grey haired fella wearing a navy FBI shirt on the Saturday who was very amusing whilst we were queuing, and had such a great attitude towards us as attendees so therefore people listened!!!

I don't know her name, but the crew member who was sat at the table with Brian Krause, for taking my photo of me and him (and managing to get a decent pic on my blackberry after my camera decided not to work earlier in the day!)...I don't think I remembered to thank her, sorry! Thank you!

That was Naomi, she's not on the forum often, but she's a friend of mine, so I will pass on your comments :)

Have to say the the people running the photos on Sunday (especially but not exclusively) in areas B and D were excellent, kept the queues moving and people informed, as well as using that good old common sense to make decisions relating to clashes. Great work!

• Like 1

Too Tall. An obvious choice I know, but both the Cosplay and Alex Baldwin's shoot on Saturday were overrunning and he made it possible for my daughter to leave the cosplay, have her shoot and get back to the cosplay in 5 minutes flat.