latest guest announcement - KAREN GILLAN

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Brilliant guest! *absolutely definitely 100% adds to list* She was lovely in the very brief moment I got to meet her at a store signing, and even better, this time I can get a PHOTOSHOOT.

And *sigh* at the level of b***hing going on in this thread. After all this time, people still expect EVERY 'amazing' guest to be one that personally pleases them?

Karen is the current star of the biggest Sci Fi show currently on air in the UK.

Regardless of whether or not you watch or like Doctor Who (and I'm not really a big fan myself), this is a monumental guest announcement for Showmasters. There are many people who complain that their events always showcase the stars of yesteryear and whose lights have faded somewhat. This is a poke in the eye to all of them and is arguable the biggest 'current star' announcement since the stars of Heroes came to Earls Court.

Wasn't going to be coming on the Saturday as I'm going to see Take That in the evening and it causes transport problems with who I'm going with, but that's all changed now Karen's been announced. Photoshoot booked and we'll worry about the gig nearer the time!

This is a guest announcement thread for fans of the guest that may be read by the guest and/or agent.

Fair enough if you have no interest in the guest - in which case there is no need to comment. Please show some respect for the guest and her fans.

Thank you.

Must admit I was one of those expecting a big classic movie person given the wording used.

I understand this is a big thing for WHO fans and I truely hope you all enjoy meeting her. More kudos to SM for getting her, they really do try and bring new and interesting guests to these shows and it is a big deal given the current profile of the show but I still make no apology for personally feeling a tad underwhelmed.

Edited by sugar_mouse

Horses for courses I guess. Not a Dr Who fan but I can see why it's billed as an amazing guest. I hope the Dr Who fans have an amazing experience meeting her, just doesn't interest me.