• Dexter
    • Smallville
    • Grey's Anatomy
    • Skins
  2. 2. section 2

• Bones
    • Supernatural
    • Star Wars
    • Crime Con NCIS/CSI's/and another show ?
    • Chuck
    • Aliens trilogy
    • House MD
  3. 3. section 3

• Twilight
    • Star Trek
    • Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
    • Lost
    • James Bond
    • Ugly Betty
    • Transformers

I voted for Buffy/Angel guests but maybe we should make a Joss Whedon type convention so we can include Serenity/Firefly and also his new show Dollhouse with Eliza Dushku. Although i would equally love a Harry Potter con. I then voted for Crime con but again think you should combine bones under that and also have Criminal Minds added to that category. Then i voted for Sarah Connor Chronicles i would love to meet guys from there Summer Glau and Thomas Dekker. I would probably be more inclined to go to a Buffy/Angel con and i think a lot of people would be interested in it :firedevil:

jael001 i love that idea it would combine a lot of great movies

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with:

Buffy/Angel:

Since i only watched Buffy recently, i dont have many autos from the cast, as i have missed most of them at collectormanias etc

Bones:

Only ever watched half an episode of it, but thats more than the other shows listed XD

TWILIGHT!:

If you give us a twilight con, i think id die of happiness lol Im a huge fan, and cant wait to see the movie in January! *though Rob shouldnt play Edward XD*

how about a con in belfast sometime we travel to england for the other ones and buffy/angel/harry potter/ bones/ star wars have worked very well here before. Please please bring us one soon so that we can afford promo items and things after the con, flights, accomadation etc

A lot of the stuff suggested seems to be the same things over and over again . . .

. . . However, I do like the idea of a 'Crime Con'[/i] . . . even my own Mother would go to this as she LOVES the likes of CSI etc . . .

I also think SM should do a 'Horror Con' . . . or something similar . . . It happens in Europe and they are very successful . . . so why not here??? . . .

Hope something great is chosen!!!

Ad

Oh and as a suggestion can we PLEASE have a View Askew con? Ok so Ben Affleck and Matt Damon may not attend but boy would I love to meet people like Brian O'Halloran, Jeff Anderson and my dirty crush Scott Mosier.

I love this idea more than anything, ever! :D

Just a personal thing but I would love Showmasters to run a full on horror con with guests from all different horror films - but have one strong theme. (Missed the boat on Halloween's 30th Anniversary this year, but I don't mind a 31st Anniversary instead next year!)

I second this! An all horror con would be fantastic.

Like other members would love to see crime con and would certainly include bones in that list.

And also like other members have said buff/angel, Smallville, Supernatural, terminator and ugly betty have all had cons or are having cons done by other organisors let alone Star Trek so is there a market for these in todays economic climate?

really hope the crime con is picked because if you add bones to the list it has the highest score so far :D

also i add my vote for a horror con aswell as it would be nightmare on elm streets 25th anniversary

Just a personal thing but I would love Showmasters to run a full on horror con with guests from all different horror films - but have one strong theme. (Missed the boat on Halloween's 30th Anniversary this year, but I don't mind a 31st Anniversary instead next year!)

I second this! An all horror con would be fantastic.

Definitely would be up for that

I agree that genre events (eg. Horror Con) are a better idea than simply joining 2 or more shows together. If you are only interested in one of the two shows it makes it not that appealing (especially if there are a couple of last minute guest cancellations and both are from the show you like). If you do a genre convention covering several films, chances are there will be something for everyone to enjoy. I am not too interested in Friday 13th, Nightmare on Elm St guests, but if they managed to get hold of some directors or actors from the Japanese-Horror boom (please - Hideo Nakato, Takashi Shimizu, Takako Fuji), I would definitely come to a horror con.

I like the idea of an 80's kids con... something to cover Transformers, Thundercats, He-man etc.. that said i think a transformers con would work well over judging on how popular ones in the states are.

view askew con gets my vote too. great idea.

wrestling? there was one ran in the uk last year that was very successful but was run by people that hadnt done it before so i would reckon that with showmasters know how they would likely do an even better job?

ps. what the hell is "twilight"??

Edited by snot182

I've never heard of Twilight either...

In addition to 80's cartoons - which would be fantastic, meeting all those famous voice-actors - maybe a general 80's TV con? That could include actors from shows like A-Team, Knight Rider, Street Hawk, Automan, Manimal, Chips, Fall Guy etc. People who on their own at a Collectormania may not attract huge crowds, but in an 80's convention would be known by every attendee.

how about a Page 3 con? with famous Page 3 girls of 70's and 80's - Linda Lusardi, Sam Fox, Sian Adey Jones etc?

or perhaps a Carry On con? Jim Dale, Margaret Nolan, Barbara Windsor etc?

Page 3 to Carry On...from one extreme to the other!!! You can call the Carry On one "Carry On Conning" :firedevil:

I'm hazarding a guess that Twilight is Robert Pattinson's new movie - someone posted "Rob shouldn't play Edward".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/

Why is a stand-alone film that hasnt even come out yet even in the poll then? Whats so special about the film? I know it's based on a book but is it just one book or is it a massive series like "The Vampire Chronicles" or "LOTR"?

Edited by nicky

how about a Page 3 con? with famous Page 3 girls of 70's and 80's - Linda Lusardi, Sam Fox, Sian Adey Jones etc?

or perhaps a Carry On con? Jim Dale, Margaret Nolan, Barbara Windsor etc?

Page 3 to Carry On...from one extreme to the other!!! You can call the Carry On one "Carry On Conning" :firedevil:

I'm hazarding a guess that Twilight is Robert Pattinson's new movie - someone posted "Rob shouldn't play Edward".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/

Why is a stand-alone film that hasnt even come out yet even in the poll then? Whats so special about the film? I know it's based on a book but is it just one book or is it a massive series like "The Vampire Chronicles" or "LOTR"?

It's four books, this is the first. After Potter they're apparently the quickest selling books of all time or something.

The film is going to be huge, so Showmasters would be wise to get it first like they did with the Heroes guests.

It's four books, this is the first. After Potter they're apparently the quickest selling books of all time or something.

The film is going to be huge, so Showmasters would be wise to get it first like they did with the Heroes guests.

Ah ok, thanks. I looked it up on wikipedia and sounds interesting like Interview With The Vampire (1994). I'd also be interested cos it's directed by Catherine Hardwicke (Thirteen and Lords of Dogtown) working with Nikki Read again. The cast had a panel at this year's SDCC. I ssumed it was a TV show that people were voting on here and that the film was something totally separate.

Edited by nicky