• Dexter
    • Smallville
    • Grey's Anatomy
    • Skins
  2. 2. section 2

• Bones
    • Supernatural
    • Star Wars
    • Crime Con NCIS/CSI's/and another show ?
    • Chuck
    • Aliens trilogy
    • House MD
  3. 3. section 3

• Twilight
    • Star Trek
    • Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
    • Lost
    • James Bond
    • Ugly Betty
    • Transformers

• Showmasters Admin

what Conventions do you want to attend next year

also i want you to all have a good think about this

some shows will not work on there own so putting to shows together to make a great Conventions could be the the way forward

now a Grey's Anatomy con may not work but a "Grey's Anatomy" and a "House MD" con could work ?

so please vote for what con you would go to and remember that a con costs around £70 and would have around 4 to 6 guests from the show and we try to get two main cast for each con and you get one auto from each guest free party's talks and lots of fun so thEy do cost more than say a Collectormaina show but all the autos are free so please vote and this will help us bring you what you want

But then give us your input to what two of tree shows you would like a con to cover that you would go to and we will also try to put on this on to thanks for all your help on this

and we hope to see you in 2009 at one of the cons you have helped to create

thanks

lets see were this gos :thumbup:

jason :wub:

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose "Alien Trilogy". Next year is the 30th Anniversary of the original film, Alien (1979) so it would be good timing.

You could also make it "Aliens/Predator" though, that way you can include AvP as well as Predator. A convention then spanning 8 films and a comics/video games range. Wondered why it said only "Trilogy" though.:headscratch: There was an Aliens Fan Club con in Shepperton Hotel back in 1999, it was a sucess so I'm sure another would be again - they even had Ralph Brown and Colette Hiller, the AvP PC game developers and Alien War theme park guys there as guests as well as props.

The other two choices I chose were "Buffy/Angel" and "Star Trek". I'm not fans of either but they seem to have the bigger fanbases around the world and have been around alot longer than some of the other shows so I think they are more deserving of a con.

Edited by nicky

• Moderators

The show's been running for 7 years now, so there's a huge pool of cast members to choose from. Especially with the regular turnover of characters. A lot of the cast have been in other things, so there's plenty to discuss, and lots of potential for 'extra' autographs there. And well I'm bored of looking at my 24 cast print with so little on it lol

Crime

If you throw Bones in there, that'd be good thank you. And I think while it'd be a bit more expensive, you could have big guests from each show you're representing, and it'd be a very strong guest list. I believe that you need main cast members from each show to actually get people going as there's no proven track record with meeting these kinds of guests really in this country, apart from a couple CSI ones elsewhere that really weren't hugely busy so ..

Lost

Again not sure why this is an option, but Lockdown 2 has to happen. And that's that.

Buffy Angel all been done before and although they are my favourites, I don't know how busy they'd be, unless you want to be the first to get Sarah Michelle Geller or Ally Hannigan to attend.

Terminator, Chuck & Supernatural being done by other organisers next year.

Greys Anatomy & House :D I'd be there like a shot. - Could also pull in Chris Lowell from Private Practice (Grey's spin off) and I would love you forever.

Crime Con would be great, so many available shows to choose from and a huge fan base, but you'd need big names to make it work.

For me, I'd love an Alien quadrilogy event, that would be amazing.

Of the first section there is nothing of any overwhelming interest to me personally, but I picked Harry Potter as a couple of friends of mine would certainly attend such an event.

Lastly I was torn between ST and Lost, I picked ST because I thought there was a Lost con that Showmasters did already, so I probably wouldn't go to two.

transformers

transformers

transformers

i wasnt able to see any other choices for anything... sorry about that.

transformers cons seem to do well in the states so i figure they would here to. plus i want to meet Peter Cullen, Frank Welker and Megan Fox...

Chuck, TSCC, Supernatural are covered by other companies I thought you already did a lost one Niks not gunna be happy haha. From group 1 buffy/angel or smallville (with something else). Group 2 will have to be Crime cone all the csi's (especially ny :D) and NCIS AND Bones if you do that im there :huh: Group 3 I chose Star Trek because I thought Lockdown 2 was happening.

Arrrgrghhh at only being allowed one vote per section.... :D

Anyway my votes go to:-

Buffy/Angel - gotta go with the old favourites - the guests are amazing and love mingling with the fans ;)

Smallville...... *sigh Le Baum*

Supernatural, Supernatural, Supernatural, Supernatural, Supernatural........ :huh:

Crime Con would be good!

CHUCK!!!!!! Awesome show ;)

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Ugly Betty - Just think of the outfit possibilities LOL.

And a couple that aren't on the poll:-

Reaper - how could you miss this show off - it's amazing!

Burn Notice.... OMG!!!! You *have* to do something with that

Friday Night Lights - loads of main cast and lots of eye candy for both male and female :D

Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight

oh and Harry Potter would be good too.

Hannah

Note for Jason:

I will give you Simone if you let us have a Twilight event.

Just a personal thing but I would love Showmasters to run a full on horror con with guests from all different horror films - but have one strong theme. (Missed the boat on Halloween's 30th Anniversary this year, but I don't mind a 31st Anniversary instead next year!)

Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight

oh and Harry Potter would be good too.

Hannah

Note for Jason:

I will give you Simone if you let us have a Twilight event.

Dude, while i would give my every fibre into getting a Twilight con i don't think you can give me away as part of the deal!!!

I'm far too expensive for that!!!!!

Hmm - like most in Group 2 but went for Supernatural. I would love a crime con - NCIS and Bones :YAHOO:

Smallville always good and Buffy/Angel - be a bit of a step back in time!

Haven't seen any of those in Group 3... :crying:

K

Dude, while i would give my every fibre into getting a Twilight con i don't think you can give me away as part of the deal!!!

I'm far too expensive for that!!!!!

I don't know, i think it would be worth it.

Hey i voted for Supernatural for you, the least you can do is sacrifice yourself for the Twilight cause

Edited by Princess Hannah

I chose "Alien Trilogy".

Next year is the 30th Anniversary of Alien (1979). Get it while it's hot.:firedevil::firedevil::firedevil:

I couldnt agree more, the greatest franchise of all time should have its 30th recognised with a huge con, we had the star wars 30th celebration last year at the excel, something similar but all Alien would be awesome.

the quadrilogy, predator movies and AVP all have some of the most amazing acting and production talent ever.

imagine the amount of stars, props, sets, costumes etc you could have :crying:

Edited by SpaceAce