• Dexter
    • Smallville
    • Grey's Anatomy
    • Skins
  2. 2. section 2

• Bones
    • Supernatural
    • Star Wars
    • Crime Con NCIS/CSI's/and another show ?
    • Chuck
    • Aliens trilogy
    • House MD
  3. 3. section 3

• Twilight
    • Star Trek
    • Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
    • Lost
    • James Bond
    • Ugly Betty
    • Transformers

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey i kinda felt forced into a voting as most of the list sections have no appeal to me at all...the only reason i chose Harry Potter was due to it being the only one in section one that was of any good plus i would hold out high hopes for Gary Oldman to show so i could spend the whole day just staring at him,... ^_^

Star Wars was about my only love on the list as it rocks and you can do so much with it and it does have a huge amount of guests to choose from...especially if it can turn out anything like the SW 30th Ani last year.I also picked Transformers because i know that someone can get hold of Bumblebee (well it was meant to make a show at Collectormania MK)

Personally i agree with someone on here who suggested a horror con....so much to choose from and that would go down a treat. I think in all matters it has to be cons that have alot going for them, richness in guests, variety and merchandise....it wouldn't be much cop if we ended up with a con that had just one or two merchandise tables due to lack of UK support merchandise wise. Haven't been to a LOTR con since way back and that in itself was fantastic so i'd come to one of them again....i for one would love an Early Edition con but seeing as not alot of people know what it is and that it's no longer aired and that the dvd's are only avaliable in the US i don't hold out hopes......oh and one last thing....

ANOTHER TORCHWOOD CON PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the first one hasn't even arrived yet but i know for a fact i will so want another one. :P

It would be good if they did have a horror convention for the UK like Halloween or something mixed of just horror like Fagoria does in the states that would be cool. Also no one seems to do conventions where good music bands would come to sign like for example getting Alice Cooper or Marilyn Manson or Ozzy Osbourne to come to it and do signings, i know they al like to meet there fans and do special shows for them would be great.

So so hard to choose but I picked:

Buffy/Angel :D

Bones :P

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

I would also have liked to vote for Harry Potter, Grey's Anatomy, Chuck and Crime Con (CSI).

Also how about Pushing Daisies? It is such a great show ^_^

Personally I would like a Brit Con say Red Dwarf, Dr Who, Torchwood, B7, Space 1999 etc...or/and an International Con with the likes of Bones, CSI, BSG (new and old), Farscape, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, BUFFY, ANGEL, SUPERNATURAL etc...

Say one or two guests from each shows so that you can get as many ppl as poss to come.

Just an idea?

• Moderators

While I think a themed con may work, I do think it needs to be something fairly specific.

If you had something as wide as "Brit Con", while it means there's a wider pool of guests to pick from, it relies on attendees liking more than one show which isn't necessarily going to happen. At least a "Crime" con or something offers similar shows, and increases the chances of someone liking more than one show that is represented.

I'd say people are unlikely to want to attend a con if they only liked say 2 guests. I think it's a little too risky having something so vague.

Out of the lists, Dexter would be the only one that I would attend.

I have to support calls for a horror event. A full blown event like Weekend Of Horrors would be simply amazing. Purely using the size and scale of these themed events as a guide, I would suggest events for a certain film or series of films. For example, I have met eleven guests from the original Dawn Of The Dead - all at UK events. I have seven autographs on my Devil's Rejects poster - again, all from UK events. Something along these lines or classic genre fare like Halloween, Nightmare On Elm Street, The Exorcist etc etc would be incredible.

Thinking of 2009 - there's a new Friday The 13th movie coming out. Imagine an event with a cast of hundreds to choose from as guests, many of whom are UK event friendly! Imagine seeing Tom Savini do a talk on Jason's limited skirmish with a machete at the climax of 'The Final Chapter'!!! That'd be worth the admission fee alone.

I voted Buffy/Angel,Aliens trilogy and Star Trek.

No contest,though i can't figure out who would prefer a Lost :pyth: convention over a Star Trek??

Lost? Yawn!

I would definitely go to a Buffy/Angel con as well as the Star Trek con,but i don't think i'd bother with Aliens.

Edited by todd198126

• Moderators

No contest,though i can't figure out who would prefer a Lost :pyth: convention over a Star Trek??

Lost? Yawn!

What an odd thing to say?

Lost is one of the most popular television shows of the 21st century, with both critical acclaim and a huge fan base. You might find it boring, but plenty don't.

Some people don't like Star Trek, but do like Lost. I'd imagine they'd be the ones who would prefer it ..

Let's try to keep this poll for suggesting what people would like, rather than attacking the tastes of others please :P

Please let there be a Trek convention - in the NORTH of England for once!!! *begs* :borg:

Yes, Trek, but in the Midlands, tis where I am lol, and people from the north and south only have to travel half as far :firedevil:

^ Shame transporters aren't around yet!

I voted for Buffy/Angel, Star Wars and James Bond. I should mention that I am a minority in that I've only recently started going to such events and I don't have much interest in lots of the more recent tv shows, I'm more into movies and classic tv tbh.

I would, however, like to express support for two other ideas already mentioned, ie the Horror and the View Askew cons. ESPECIALLY the horror one because that would just kick ass if it were possible. :firedevil:

I would actually go for most of these cons to be honest. I really like the idea of a Grey's/House con.

But I would also go for Buffy/Angel and Dexter in section one and possibly 24 and Smallville.

In section 2 I would go for Supernatural and the Aliens one.

I don't really watch shows from section 3 but if I had the money I'd go for the Ugly Betty one.

As for combinations I think maybe a Dexter/Supernatural one could be interesting because they are kind of two ends of the spectrum or you could just put Dexter in the crime section.

Possibly Alien combined with other type films from the genre.

Jess xx

DEXTER!!!! :firedevil:

Also, Star Wars and Star Trek. Not overly fussed with any in the third section, but I like Star Trek the most.

I'd also love Smallville.

But, Dexter, please. After Zachary Quinto, Michael. C. Hall is someone I need to meet. <3

Edited by Lenatalia

BUFFY BUFFY BUFFY!!!! :firedevil::jason:

You guys put on awsome events and i just know a buffy one would be fantastic!! I'd defo attend a buffy event and I know LOADS of others who would too!!

Autumn 2009 would be a good time.......I.E. lots of time to prepare!! :chair::P

My preference is for a CSI (all 3 shows)/Bones/Criminal Minds con. I think there's a real gap in the market for this type of con and a huge number of actors to choose from.

A number of the shows on your lists are already covered (or plan to be covered) by various other convention organisers and I personally don't think the market in this country is large enough at the moment to cover more than 1 convention a year for most of those. Some of those fandoms may well grow enough in time to make it worthwhile but I dont see it for now.

Also, what about a Superheros con? You could cover Batman, Superman, Spiderman, X-Men, and the various other Marvel/DC fandoms out there, and include the comic artists/writers as well as the stars of the tv shows and movies.

Edited by jael001

Just a personal thing but I would love Showmasters to run a full on horror con with guests from all different horror films - but have one strong theme. (Missed the boat on Halloween's 30th Anniversary this year, but I don't mind a 31st Anniversary instead next year!)

Being a major horror fan I would deffinitly go for this

Jess xx

Well I have to say that I voted but didn't think that much of the choices!!! A Terminator con would be cool or let's try something new Sanctuary for All or even Flash Gordon ... Oh and what about Primeval (is this one of the most ignored shows ever???) ... Its always the same Lost (but in all honesty I think Alias was better), Star Trek or Buffy .... Guys its fun to meet old favorites but can we have something new as well - please ...

I haven't voted at all because personally I wouldn't be interested in attending cons for any of those shows. I did the Star Trek Convention circuit in the 70's and 80's and whilst I'm sure lots of people would be interested (particularly if it covers the many Star Trek spinoffs) it wouldn't be for me.

What I would like to see next year are the following:

Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes - sign me up right now!

Torchwood (am booked for my first one this year)

Dr Who (have never been to one but love New Who and would go like a shot (also used to enjoy Classic Who but not my main interest)

Waking the Dead

Spooks

Whether any of these could be combined I'm not sure - TW and DW have enough for their own seperate cons, probably so do Spooks/Waking the Dead. Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes would probably be great combined since most of the cast are the same (Come back Sam Tyler all is forgiven).

Perhaps the shows you haven't mentioned are already in planning for next year, if so I apologise. Wasn't aware....