• Dexter
    • Smallville
    • Grey's Anatomy
    • Skins
  2. 2. section 2

• Bones
    • Supernatural
    • Star Wars
    • Crime Con NCIS/CSI's/and another show ?
    • Chuck
    • Aliens trilogy
    • House MD
  3. 3. section 3

• Twilight
    • Star Trek
    • Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
    • Lost
    • James Bond
    • Ugly Betty
    • Transformers

how about a Page 3 con? with famous Page 3 girls of 70's and 80's - Linda Lusardi, Sam Fox, Sian Adey Jones etc?

or perhaps a Carry On con? Jim Dale, Margaret Nolan, Barbara Windsor etc?

why stop at 80's?

Michelle Marsh

Keely Hazel

Katie Downs

Jordan

Jodie Marsh

Id go to that!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about a Page 3 con?

Id go to that!

It would be full of horny (old) men and possibley zero women. :firedevil: Topless photshoots would be great and sell like hot-cakes I imagine. (o)(o)

Edited by nicky

how about a Page 3 con?

Id go to that!

It would be full of horny (old) men and possibley zero women. :firedevil: Topless photshoots would be great and sell like hot-cakes I imagine. (o)(o)

does nearly 27 count as old??

Topless phot shoots tho? that made me literally laugh out loud, i nearly spit out my oreo!

Oh thank god that Twilight isn't winning, haha.

How effing rude. Maybe I'll go diss something you like.

I went to one of the book launches in Oxford Street on Monday and there was a big old queue by 6am with people dressed up and such, popular doesn't even come close to describing the hysteria surrounding the book and the forthcoming film. Nearly 7000 turned up to the Twilight panel at SD Comic Com the other week, Showmasters would be smart to get a jump on it.

Nice to see Nicky is open minded, maybe he'll hate it but at least he's genuinely interested in new films. I too would love to meet Catherine Hardwicke :firedevil:

Edited by Big_Pants

It's four books, this is the first. After Potter they're apparently the quickest selling books of all time or something.

The film is going to be huge, so Showmasters would be wise to get it first like they did with the Heroes guests.

Ah ok, thanks. I looked it up on wikipedia and sounds interesting like Interview With The Vampire (1994). I'd also be interested cos it's directed by Catherine Hardwicke (Thirteen and Lords of Dogtown) working with Nikki Read. The cast had a panel at this year's SDCC. I ssumed it was a TV show that people were voting on here and that the film was something totally separate.

Lol. That SDCC panel has become quite infamous now actually. The films coming out here on January 9th.

Topless phot shoots tho? that made me literally laugh out loud, i nearly spit out my oreo!

Topless photo-shoots would be one thing but what about talks? They could go up on stage and we could just stare...no need to say even one word. :firedevil:

Lol. That SDCC panel has become quite infamous now actually. The films coming out here on January 9th.

Why is it infamous? I saw a video of it on Empire's website but not watched it yet as I'm at work:

http://www.empireonline.com/features/comiccon2008/ (its half-way down) Just read it had something to do with lots of screaming fans! I guess that's the infamity.

Edited by nicky

How odd that they are giving it as an option to vote on. A pre-emptive strike. I'm assuming the convention would focus on the films, as I'm assuming (sadly) that the Transformers con would also focus on the film primarily. I wonder what would happen if the film came out and was rubbish compared to the books and no-one liked it? Odd to commit to something that's not even been released yet, unless of course the con somehow concentrates on the books too.

I thought it was The Twilight Zone when I first read it, and was ready to vote for it straight away (imagine - Jack Klugman, Bill Mummy, Shatner etc) until I realised it was something altogether different.

Topless photo-shoots would be one thing but what about talks? They could go up on stage and we could just stare...no need to say even one word. :firedevil:

I'm not a fan of page 3, at all. Promotes shallowness, abnormal breast size and influences numerous boob-job decisions.

But many are fans and hey if a Page 3 event would sell (and let's face it it would) then sure, go for it.

Topless photo shoots and talks from the modern P3 girls maybe (even though it would attract amongst the crowds of men enough grotty middle aged perves to warrant a cosplay comp based on BBC's Bottom and would likely result in a record number of groping based assault charges).

But for the 80s glamour models? 80s?

I hope you would be going for the surely deep and interesting personalities of these ladies becuase that perkiness you drooling men might be expecting could be looooong gone.

Why is it infamous? I saw a video of it on Empire's website but not watched it yet as I'm at work:

http://www.empireonline.com/features/comiccon2008/ (its half-way down) Just read it had something to do with lots of screaming fans! I guess that's the infamity.

But you would have to ask something like...

how much does it take out of you physically and mentally to take your top off?

I'm assuming (sadly) that the Transformers con would also focus on the film primarily.

Only people who dont know much about Transformers before it was a film would think that - the comics, cartoons and toys (of which are the best selling ever) are still going strong 20+ years later. It was massive before the film.

Odd to commit to something that's not even been released yet, unless of course the con somehow concentrates on the books too
I think it's a given that the books will be a large part of it seeing as there's four of them. SM are just trying to see if there's a demand for it anwyay, they havent said they'd go with it. Its just market research.

But for the 80s glamour models? 80s?

I hope you would be going for the surely deep and interesting personalities of these ladies becuase that perkiness you drooling men might be expecting could be looooong gone.

Linda Lusardi who is now in Emmerdale, is more gorgeous now then she ever was back in the 80s. TOTAL MILF, I TELL YOU, MILF!!! :firedevil: :firedevil:

Edited by nicky

Hi Jason,

I would REALLY REALLY LOVE TO HAVE A Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis Convention and a Torchwood and Dr Who convention. I'm sure alot of people would love them as well. It would be such a great opportunity to get autographs. Thanks everyone xxxx :firedevil:

I would REALLY REALLY LOVE TO HAVE A Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis Convention and a Torchwood and Dr Who convention.

Get ready to be happy. X-mas has come early for you.

Edited by nicky

John Barrowman : I realize you're new, so would respectfully suggest you look on these forums for Chevron 7.2 and The Hub, to meet your choices..

For those about Transformers, would suggest you ( again respectfully ) go and use Google, or whatever your favourite search engine is, for a Transformers Con already exists.... and it has comic book guests as well as voice actors from the cartoon series...

"Only people who dont know much about Transformers before it was a film would think that - the comics, cartoons and toys (of which are the best selling ever) are still going strong 20+ years later. It was massive before the film."

I've been a fan of Transformers since the 1980s, that's why I said "I assume (sadly) it would focus on the film." The fact that they are only suggesting it now instead of inviting Transformers guests years ago seems to indicate they are seeing the movie as something very popular just now. I personally would prefer a Transformers con focusing more on the cartoons and comics.

"I think it's a given that the books will be a large part of it seeing as there's four of them. SM are just trying to see if there's a demand for it anwyay, they havent said they'd go with it. Its just market research."

The reason I said "somehow concentrate on the books" was because in terms of the books, all they can really get for a convention is an author. There is no-one else involved they could really get in terms of books. Also, I understand that it's market research, I just thought it strange that they would commit to it (if it got more votes than any other) before any film release, when the film could be a total failure.

The fact that they are only suggesting it now instead of inviting Transformers guests years ago seems to indicate they are seeing the movie as something very popular just now. I personally would prefer a Transformers con focusing more on the cartoons and comics.
I dont think you could have a Transformers con today that ignored the film though - many of the newer fans have become fans becsuse of the film first so without the film it might not have been possible to get the numbers in.

What about 'CHARMED' & 'GHOST WHISPERER' together?

'Charmed' has huge following as big as Buffy I would say.

Or BUFFY/ ANGEL / SUPERNATURAL/ CHARMED/ GHOST WHISPERER all together.

One big show on Supernatural theme?

Would work for sure, and audiences for those shows combined are huge!

Thats a great idea I would definitly go for that!

Jess xx

A Twilight con has got the potential to be absolutely huge, I really do think Showmasters would be wise to do it!!!

There are a lot of devoted fans out here!!!

I completely agree. The Twilight saga has a massive fan base and so an event would definately pull in a large amount of fans of both the film and the books. I think it is a brilliant idea :(

A Smallville convention would be fantastic and would always welcome a Buffy & Angel con. :(

Although the Sarah Connor chronicles is very good only one season has been aired so maybe a bit early, I would say BSG would be worth considering.

Edited by Lestat

Please let there be a Trek convention - in the NORTH of England for once!!! *begs* :borg:

Yes, Trek, but in the Midlands, tis where I am lol, and people from the north and south only have to travel half as far :(

Yes midlands for star trek, i heard next year there is gonna be a star trek prop show in the midlands.

So a star trek con in the middlands next year would fit perfect i would say.