Floor plan

3 hours ago, Marcowinch said:

The floor plan is nice but it would be better if it showed all the booths. Other conventions provide such detailed floor plans...

Things can and do change with regards to who and what is positioned where when the show is set up, and from day-to-day, so there would be people whining the map was wrong if they attempted that.

1 minute ago, Marcowinch said:

@natedammit i think that, less than one week before the event, 95% at least of the booths are determined. Only a few could change. I don't think that showmasters rearrange all booths during the last few days... ;)

I seen booths change while the event was open at Collectormania, these things are never set in stone so natedammit is absolutely correct 

• Moderators

There's been at least one guest have an unplanned move from one day to the next (or even at lunchtime) at a significant proportion of the big shows I've crewed over the years - they make estimates as to how much queue space is going to be needed for each guest but if they discover that the estimate is wrong then if it's possible then they move guests around to better fit the actual space needed. Sticking to a rigid plan of guest placements could lead to unnecessary bottlenecks in the signing area.

10 minutes ago, Marcowinch said:

@natedammit i think that, less than one week before the event, 95% at least of the booths are determined. Only a few could change. I don't think that showmasters rearrange all booths during the last few days... ;)

They change day to day. Last year Jason Mamoa was in the middle of the big signing area on Friday. At the far left hand side on the Saturday and in his own booth on Sunday so yes it does change regularly.

I think what Marcowich is after is a list of all the stall venders at the show, not guest signing positions.

I assume SM have a reason for not releasing this info, but I don't know what it is. Personally, I don't really need it as if I do buy anything from them, I do it based on seeing it then and there rather than pre-deciding anything.

Can the food vendors that are fixtures at Olympia (Pizza Express, the Kitchen thing upstairs, the fish & chips, and the others) be added to future maps?  Not only would it help for lunch planning, it would be nice to have another set of landmarks to orient by.

Maybe  Showmasters don’t have a say but if the cloakroom/ left luggage facility which is actually going to be open is marked on the map rather than the three that are , only one of which was available would be a great help 

23 minutes ago, paulo said:

Maybe  Showmasters don’t have a say but if the cloakroom/ left luggage facility which is actually going to be open is marked on the map rather than the three that are , only one of which was available would be a great help 

Unfortunately the cloakrooms are run by the venue. I am genuinely not sure how much of an influence SM have.