Is CMK 2016 really not happening?

Faerie Tanith

• Moderators

Unfortunately the mods don't have anything further on this but are expecting an update from the office soon, as ever as soon as there is some news it will be posted on here.

Will it happen in 2017 because that's one thing I keep thinking about plus I am really keeping quiet about it the Autumn won't happen will it

The only update we have at present is what QS posted that there are no planned CM shows on the schedule at the moment.

We really have no idea when this issues will be cleared. It is obviously taking way longer than SM expected. When/if CM will be back rest assured there will be a huge announcement on here. Until this announcement comes the answer will remain the same as repeatedly posted, no matter if you ask about the current year, the coming year or a possible 25th anniversary show. ;)

• Showmasters Admin

As and when we can announce a new event in MK we will.

We don't want to say it's over as it's very possible it's not, and as I've said previously MK is our home town and we would love the run an event here again in the future.

Until the current issues are resolved we can't rebook. If/when these issues are resolved we'll look at running an event in MK again and once it's all signed up and ready to go we'll announce it.

Speculation and guessing is honestly pointless.

• Showmasters Admin

Everybody who doesn't read this thread properly and asks again has to run around Milton Keynes in their PE kit as punishment.

In their pants! They don't deserve PE kit.

• Like 2

Everybody who doesn't read this thread properly and asks again has to run around Milton Keynes in their PE kit as punishment.

Now there's something you don't see everyday... A Camel wearing Pants... I look good in These..... :poki:

Will there be an Event in the Year 2030.. I need to save up.. Thanks. :whistling:

Edited by Spacecadet is here
  • Like 1

Or even worse a borrowed PE kit/pants from the lost property box!

Edited by Raylenth

As and when we can announce a new event in MK we will.

We don't want to say it's over as it's very possible it's not, and as I've said previously MK is our home town and we would love the run an event here again in the future.

Until the current issues are resolved we can't rebook. If/when these issues are resolved we'll look at running an event in MK again and once it's all signed up and ready to go we'll announce it.

Speculation and guessing is honestly pointless.

If that was one of Showmasters 'keeping everyone in the picture', official posts it would carry more weight than even a moderator post, there'd be virtually nothing left to speculate on.

From the first page we have someone say

'If the "officially" part is coming from anyone but Showmasters then it is pure rumour and sacremongering by people who have little else to do. As is the same with every event run by every event organiser, nothing is ever announced until it is official'

So pure rumour turned out to be pretty spot on.

If the announcement comes from TooTall it is as good as coming from Mark or Jason. This is as official as it gets. If Jason or Mark had a problem with him making that post a post would have been made with the Showmasters ID. Most people have been around long enough to know that. If someone doesn't know that - now you do. ;)

Yes, every once in a while a rumour will be true in the end. Just like every once in a while the "OMG guest X is going to cancel!" will hit the spot. In comparison not once the annual "OMG EARLS COURT DOESN'T HAVE A BOOKING, LFACC IS NOT HAPPENING!!" rumours turned out to be true in the last years. :lol:

Unfortunately we will never be able to stop the rumours. Too many people seem to enjoy making stuff up. All we can say that they are what they are, rumours. Some users have seen that many rumours come and go that their wording about another one may be one not everyone had used.

Unfortunately we will never be able to stop the rumours. Too many people seem to enjoy making stuff up. All we can say that they are what they are, rumours. Some users have seen that many rumours come and go that their wording about another one may be one not everyone had used.

Oh sure, but most of us have been around long enough to spot the difference between people posting who've put two and together - event isn't listed here, actors got a role in... etc, and things heard on grapevines allegedly from organisers like this one. They do tend to be proven true.

All I'm saying is a bit more up front communication when it comes to bad news would mean less work for you guys to moderate. Is that a bad thing?

CM:MK is the original major SM event and so of course we want to run it. Unfortunately there are currently issues that are stopping us from being able to confirm the MK event, I can't go into the specifics, sorry.

As soon as we know for sure what is happening, there will be an update.

This from Dec 15th 2015 clearly states there are issues. That seems clear enough and upfront. I am struggling to think of a way any compnay/organisation can make a 100% definite announcement when there are still issues beyong their control to be sorted out. It is March 10th and 2016 is still young.

Edited by CHAPPiE13

Oh sure, but most of us have been around long enough to spot the difference between people posting who've put two and together - event isn't listed here, actors got a role in... etc, and things heard on grapevines allegedly from organisers like this one. They do tend to be proven true.

All I'm saying is a bit more up front communication when it comes to bad news would mean less work for you guys to moderate. Is that a bad thing?

Chappie has kindly already posted the official status announcement that came on after the original question came up. I am also not really sure what more upfront a communication could have been. TooTall said the event can't be confirmed right now. The reply also came within 4 days, that included a weekend.

If there's no definite "yes it's gone!" should he have made something up? It's been explained a number of times already that SM are not going to give up the original event that easy. But guest booking is impossible without having cleared whatever issue is going on behind the stage, and date confirmation too.

If you don't agree with the wording Too Tall has posted in December and then again yesterday I apologize, we probably have to agree to disagree then. But TooTall is trying to get the point across that SM have not given up on the MK shows completely.

Just think of Manchester - Jason posted a very long statement explaining why the show wasn't happening anymore back in the day. Back then the reasons were pretty upfront and not this backstage stuff no one can go into details about. Now the circumstances changed and it is back on the schedule. And now someone will no doubt do the maths and tell me at what date the MK show will be back if we use Manchester as an example. :lol:

And as for rumours being proven true - a number of examples were given already where they were not. I'm not saying they are never ever true. But from your wording you'd think rumours are right 9/10 times, and that is just not correct. It's not even the majority that is true probably. If someone fires enough bullets they hit the target once eventually.

Maybe we could have create a forum section for CM still without dates and TBC, yes. But I can imagine why that didn't happen... we would only have had the same questions that are now in here in that forum, just like it is happening for Autographica too where things are still being confirmed. Nothing gained there at all. With everything in the air this really would not have made much sense.

• 2 months later...

So an 'official' announcement has been made to the local press, Collectormania MK is no more - it would have been nice to announce it officially on the forums first - "The organisers of collectormania confirm that there are no plans to return to the city" - http://www.onemk.co.uk/Collectormania/story-29285717-detail/story.html

Actually if you read the article, whilst it is a little contradictory in that one line does say they have no plans to return, the rest of the article does just say what SM have said all along that there won't be a Collectormania this year.

Edited by Raylenth

Perhaps a bit OT, but are there still plans for a winter event in London? It's the one event that seems to be missing on the calender and I can't imagine when they'd hold it...

I haven't heard anything to the contrary. Usually we don't get a date until after the summer one because that leads to too much confusion. Belfast with two forum sections was an exception to the procedure.

• Like 1

I'm really sad that Collectormania MK is no more. It was such a great event that I have so many happy memories of :(

I really hope that the event will return

Edited by Daniel

Nothing is set in stone, if Jason can get a MK based convention up and running again he will ,if not, thats it. Its a shame as like many i enjoyed going there but you move on.Whatever the reason the stadium couldn't be booked this year is nobodys business except the convention owner and the stadium.