VERY BIG Guest Announcement for monday at 7 pm

has Ralph Macchio ever done a convention? i know quite a few people wanted to meet him?

I'd be disappointed if it was him. Don't think he's been a 'very big' since the mid 1980s.

Michael C Hall!

Michael Emerson!

Rhona Mitra!

The only one I've heard of is Rhona Mitra. Wouldnt class her as 'very big' either.

Wasn't the last BIG guest announcment Scott Bakula? Although I appreciated his value to the convention community, yes he was big in that sense...if you were into the two TV shows he was known for.

Scott Bakula was a very big guest. I was so bummed I couldn't go :( As it's been said before. It is always somebodys perfect guest,and if the person isn't to everyones taste that's their problem. You can't satisfy everyone. It must be damn hard to get A list stars to come,most often from the States. I have been truly amazed at who has attended so far.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has Ralph Macchio ever done a convention? i know quite a few people wanted to meet him?

I'd be disappointed if it was him. Don't think he's been a 'very big' since the mid 1980s.

Michael C Hall!

Michael Emerson!

Rhona Mitra!

The only one I've heard of is Rhona Mitra. Wouldnt class her as 'very big' either.

Wasn't the last BIG guest announcment Scott Bakula? Although I appreciated his value to the convention community, yes he was big in that sense...if you were into the two TV shows he was known for.

Scott Bakula was a very big guest. I was so bummed I couldn't go :( As it's been said before. It is always somebodys perfect guest,and if the person isn't to everyones taste that's their problem. You can't satisfy everyone. It must be damn hard to get A list stars to come,most often from the States. I have been truly amazed at who has attended so far.

When did he do a convention? Bummed, i would have loved to meet him...

He has been asked but he never showed any interest :(

but i've heard he's always wanted to do LFCC is this not the case?

Edited by chloepop

He has been asked but he never showed any interest :(

but i've heard he's always wanted to do LFCC is this not the case?

i would love to meet Connor Trinneer from enterprise tbh :(

My brother lives next to him in New York. He got asked and sent a proposal but he never came back with an answer which is a shame, as i know he's done conventions before and im sure he would be very popular.

I'll probably get lynched for saying this but when it's a big name guests first time at the event and they are only there for one day could you consider skipping the photo shoots and concentrate on the signings as you can be pretty sure of having a very full queue for them all day.

It's not an issue for me as I have a gold ticket but it would improve the day for a lot of people that will spend most of the day waiting to get this rare autograph.

Yeah and then you are getting rid of a whole customer base who only do photos. They wouldn't have time for desk shots so people who only really want a pic would 1. Miss out and 2. Not spend their money.

Shoots (and paid talks to a lesser extent) are a big chunk of SM making their money back for a big guest. Not doing them would lose them money big time.

Well Dan Aykroyd's been here recently, so he's my guess...Please let it be him!

Any chance of a clue - is it a Star Wars guest, or Harry Potter or Doctor Who or a film star?

I got his autograph on Tuesday at a signing he did, he posed for pictures, happily signed as many things as people wanted and even chatted. Dan Aykroyd was the best person ever to meet!

• Moderators

Its Samuel L Jackson lol can only hope its a big name someone decent so far in my opinion norman redus is the only good actor there worth seeing

It's a shame you feel that way as it's a very good lineup with a good few months left to get even better.

But at least there's someone for you :(

Any hint's or clues reagrding the "type" of films / TV this person has done without giving too much away?

Sci Fi, Fantasy, Action?

Also, I may have missed it, but where does it say the guest is for one day only? Has this been confirmed?

Edited by jediknight49

Any hint's or clues reagrding the "type" of films / TV this person has done without giving too much away?

Sci Fi, Fantasy, Action?

Also, I may have missed it, but where does it say the guest is for one day only? Has this been confirmed?

In the thread sub-title.

Sci Fi, Fantasy, Action?

In the thread sub-title.

Yep, just seen it. Doh!

Any chance of a clue - is it a Star Wars guest, or Harry Potter or Doctor Who or a film star?

I got his autograph on Tuesday at a signing he did, he posed for pictures, happily signed as many things as people wanted and even chatted. Dan Aykroyd was the best person ever to meet!

Where was this??? I missed out :(

Where was this??? I missed out :(

It was a launch event for his new Vodka.

I understand that you had to buy a bottle to get access to the man himself, the cheapest of which was £60 (the next size up being £150)!!

My guess is Ewan Mcgregor, but I'd like it to be Ian Holm (although I'm sure he must have done a signing at some point in his career).

I saw Ian at a premiere a few years ago and he was looking pretty tired then, so the one day aapearance could either be due to the individuals availability or because they physically couldn't handle more.