VERY BIG Guest Announcement for monday at 7 pm

It is just a bit of fun in the end, and it's not going to ruin anyones lives if the guest isn't someone they want to meet.

...says the man who'll spend Monday evening sweeping up the detritus from half the forum's broken dreams. :P

That's actually my job because David will be too busy tweeting and responding to Tweets. ;)

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've met Ewan McGregor by chance :P (well, part chance part stalking.. he was filming in a nearby city so I aimed to go there whenever I didn't have work) Met him and got a photo with him on the first day I went up - apparently a very rare moment as he was getting so mobbed! (particularly as the location was near a school, though probably half of the kids barely knew who he was other than 'a movie star' lol). I (truthfully) told him i'd been waiting 12 years for that moment and he was impressed I had a programme from when he did Guys & Dolls, but they had to disallow signings cause of the bombings.

Anyway, on another note - if it is indeed a very popular guest and photoshoot tickets are very limited, is there -any- chance there will still be any left to buy by Thursday? I will have literally no money come Monday but Thurs is payday!

It is just a bit of fun in the end, and it's not going to ruin anyones lives if the guest isn't someone they want to meet.

...says the man who'll spend Monday evening sweeping up the detritus from half the forum's broken dreams. :P

;) nah, I'm the guy who'll be dancing on the tears of those who dare to overreact :P

looking forward to your reaction on twitter when its robert pattison lol

my main concern is the forum meltdown so no one can get on to see or buy tickets, the SM forum in the past has proved it cant handle these announcements lol, im also not looking forward to pressing refresh for over an hour ;-)

Edited by timelord81r

• Moderators

We can't really speculate on whether a mystery guest will sell out of photo shoots. Even we're not that clever :P

I'll go with a .. maybe there will be some left ;)

Anyway, on another note - if it is indeed a very popular guest and photoshoot tickets are very limited, is there -any- chance there will still be any left to buy by Thursday? I will have literally no money come Monday but Thurs is payday!

No one can tell, seriously. But even David Tennant's tickets didn't sell out the same day.

looking forward to your reaction on twitter when its robert pattison lol

Well dear Robert is not in the running - he has done CM Manchester and CM MK. Definitely not first signing ever.

My gut reaction was Ewan McGregor- definitely a 'VERY BIG' guest and is (probably) still grounded enough to attend one of these fan conventions.

Either way, I won't be too disappointed, regardless of who it is; LFCC has a great line-up and, if Jason's right, it should be a guest that does good business for Showmasters.

Roll on Monday :P

My gut reaction was Ewan McGregor- definitely a 'VERY BIG' guest and is (probably) still grounded enough to attend one of these fan conventions.

Either way, I won't be too disappointed, regardless of who it is; LFCC has a great line-up and, if Jason's right, it should be a guest that does good business for Showmasters.

Roll on Monday :P

Ewan McGregor is lovely, appreciative and humble. :-) I actually would pay to meet him again, especially for a better photo with him. (I look awful in mine haha)

has Ralph Macchio ever done a convention? i know quite a few people wanted to meet him?

I'd be disappointed if it was him. Don't think he's been a 'very big' since the mid 1980s.

Michael C Hall!

Michael Emerson!

Rhona Mitra!

The only one I've heard of is Rhona Mitra. Wouldnt class her as 'very big' either.

Wasn't the last BIG guest announcment Scott Bakula? Although I appreciated his value to the convention community, yes he was big in that sense...if you were into the two TV shows he was known for.

Ewan McGregor would be amazing. Any of these guys and I would flip my lid with excitement. But whoever it is well done Showmasters for the guests you bring. Always somebody's hero. And that's what makes these events so special!

Val Kilmer

Michael Keaton

Chrstian Bale

Gary Oldman

Hugh Jackman

I'm going to say with the 'so LFCC' I'm going for either a superhero or sci-fi star.

And also big and making lots happy? Gotta be big for a few things/roles.

So my guesses so far are: Jackman? Reynolds? Jansen? Keaton? Bale? Kilmer? Fassy? McAvoy? Berry? Pfeiffer?

Kilmer has definitely done signings..