Hover Hands :D

If a guest has specifically asked not to be touched the crew would subtly inform the attendees as they come in. It's pretty rare, I've not known it happen all that often. One I remember was because the female guest was "goosed" near the start of the shoot and so ask for no touching after that.

And yes the "gooser" was ejected with a vengance.

The guests being seated in the past has just been a personal preference or nessesaty on their part. Not usally anything to do with touching.

I had to Google "goosed"; that's disgraceful. In fact, it's disgusting that there's even a word for it. A hope the guilty party has been banned from future events. :D

So far, I've only had photos with 3 female guests (Jewel Staite, Stephanie Romanov and Jodelle Ferland) and each time I've (nervously) rested my hand lightly on their hip/waist. To date, nobody has slapped me across the face. :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a guest has specifically asked not to be touched the crew would subtly inform the attendees as they come in. It's pretty rare, I've not known it happen all that often. One I remember was because the female guest was "goosed" near the start of the shoot and so ask for no touching after that.

And yes the "gooser" was ejected with a vengance.

The guests being seated in the past has just been a personal preference or nessesaty on their part. Not usally anything to do with touching.

I had to Google "goosed"; that's disgraceful. In fact, it's disgusting that there's even a word for it. A hope the guilty party has been banned from future events. :angry:

So far, I've only had photos with 3 female guests (Jewel Staite, Stephanie Romanov and Jodelle Ferland) and each time I've (nervously) rested my hand lightly on their hip/waist. To date, nobody has slapped me across the face. :chair:

Well a slapp on the face, thats a memory in it self ;)

But goosed !? sick person... just ruins for everyone else.... sick!

I usually have an arm around the guests shoulders for pictures, gently of course, and have never heard anyone complain. Their generally very lovely people that enjoy meeting fans :)

Had some guests doing fun poses without asking, for instance Robert Englund putting his arm around me and doing a Freddy face ^^ Good fun :) And some like the absolutely loveable Pam Rose I met a few weeks ago was running around doing hugs and cheek kisses for photos :angry: Such a fantastic person ^^

I've seen many a guy in shoots go for a hip/waist and end up too high or too low! The vast majority of time it is

Well, here it's the reverse, since Rick was the guest and I was the attendee, but do you mean like this one? Not that I complain about it, on the contrary :angry:

231184_2079145497395_1207743215_2538463_1575742_n-1.jpg

Not that I complain about it, on the contrary ;)
:chair:

So far, I've only had photos with 3 female guests (Jewel Staite, Stephanie Romanov and Jodelle Ferland) and each time I've (nervously) rested my hand lightly on their hip/waist.
Jewel will do hugs.... :angry:

So far, I've only had photos with 3 female guests (Jewel Staite, Stephanie Romanov and Jodelle Ferland) and each time I've (nervously) rested my hand lightly on their hip/waist.
Jewel will do hugs.... :angry:

Too shy to ask.:chair:

Edited by yellowmarlin

Yeah as nervous as I've been with some guests in shoots (either through them being a big guest to me in my life and/or I fancy the pants off them) I've always at least had my hand gently on them (shoulder/arm or just above the waist)

And some I've gotten hugs and poses from.

So no, not even my first ever shoot that I was SO nervous at for both reasons above hehe (Eve Myles at MK) did I hover-hand :angry:

I'm a hugger, I usually ask first though and most are more then happy to, depends where they put their arms, I put mine the opposite to theirs XD Say their hands, my shoulders then my hands their waist and etc.

My policy has always been that I'll only copy what the guest does, and if they don't touch me I'll just assume that they wouldn't be comfortable with me touching them.

Of course, that means feeling pretty bad when I see other people's photos and realise that the guest probably would have been alright with it - I was just sitting here looking at my 'Double Dax' shoot from a few years ago, wishing I wasn't stood there with my hands clasped behind my back... :lol:

I've seen many a guy in shoots go for a hip/waist and end up too high or too low! The vast majority of time it is

Well, here it's the reverse, since Rick was the guest and I was the attendee, but do you mean like this one? Not that I complain about it, on the contrary :blush:

:lol: Yeah, looks like Richard aimed too high!

Well, here it's the reverse, since Rick was the guest and I was the attendee, but do you mean like this one? Not that I complain about it, on the contrary :thumbup:

:lol: Yeah, looks like Richard aimed too high!

Looks to me like he's right on target. :blush:

Never had this problem.

I always go for the cheesy thumbs up with all my guests , its kinda running joke with my family.

Every photo shoot i have had the guest did the thumbs up(except Michael Behin) but i think he just didnt notice.

I always chortle at my thumbs up pics!

PS i must be getting old!

What pray tell is "goosing"??????

Well, here it's the reverse, since Rick was the guest and I was the attendee, but do you mean like this one? Not that I complain about it, on the contrary ;)

:D Yeah, looks like Richard aimed too high!

Looks to me like he's right on target. :P

Actually I think he may have been a bit low, but maybe he was just shy. :blush::blush: