Hover Hands :D

Found on a few other forums about people who pose with a celeb and hover hand (put arm around them but not actually touching them)

Curious to see what everyone thinks, do you do it, do you not think it's okay to touch anyway or just too shy?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

I think it's fair enough if like in these photos the guest isn't wearing anything where your hand is, I can see why they may be a bit hessitant to place their hand ON the guest.

Never heard of this either. Personally, i shake the guests hand and then i f luck, i get to pose with a pic beside them, arm on shoulder, no-one has ever seemd to mind.

With a female guest, i may not pull her quite so close so as to respect her boundaries, but i mean, its a quick 3 second photo lol

I think it's fair enough if like in these photos the guest isn't wearing anything where your hand is, I can see why they may be a bit hessitant to place their hand ON the guest.

Advantage to have most of your photoshoots with male guests, they usually wear sleeves :P

Advantage to have most of your photoshoots with male guests, they usually wear sleeves :D

Well most likely we get the chance to have a couple in front of us to see what might be ok :)

The only female Ill be photographed with is Karen, so If Im uncertain Ill just ask her I guess :)

Oh for goodness sake. Is this real? If the guest is comfortable with it just put your arm around them. If they'd rather you just stand next to them, do that. Not some weird not quite one or the other. they are still just people.

I appreciate you may not know the preference if you're first, especially with the female guests but watch the people in front. I've only done one so far with Tony Head at CM17 and he just grabbed me as I went on and threw his arm round my shoulder so I did the same.

If the guest doesn't want to be touched and it's really just a stand next to them pic would we be made aware of that in advance?

Edited by Rockstar6662

Oh for goodness sake. Is this real? If the guest is comfortable with it just put your arm around them. If they'd rather you just stand next to them, do that. Not some weird not quite one or the other. they are still just people.

I appreciate you may not know the preference if you're first, especially with the female guests but watch the people in front. I've only done one so far with Tony Head at CM17 and he just grabbed me as I went on and threw his arm round my shoulder so I did the same.

If the guest doesn't want to be touched and it's really just a stand next to them pic would we've made aware of that in advance?

I'm not sure here, but I *think* the guests who did not want to be touched are usually sitting on a chair... Am I right or is it just something I just invented? LOL

Guests don't bite, I'm sure!

Some do

spike002.jpg

I wouldn't be bothered by James if he wanted to bit me, really :D

• Showmasters Admin

If a guest has specifically asked not to be touched the crew would subtly inform the attendees as they come in. It's pretty rare, I've not known it happen all that often. One I remember was because the female guest was "goosed" near the start of the shoot and so ask for no touching after that.

And yes the "gooser" was ejected with a vengance.

The guests being seated in the past has just been a personal preference or nessesaty on their part. Not usally anything to do with touching.

I'm not sure here, but I *think* the guests who did not want to be touched are usually sitting on a chair... Am I right or is it just something I just invented? LOL
Something that you invented :D

I have had two or three photo shoots with guests, who have requested no contact, that are standing.

If the guest doesn't want to be touched and it's really just a stand next to them pic would we be made aware of that in advance?
Yes, you will be made aware prior to reaching the guest. Edited by 1of2

I actually thought Mike Tyson did really well in his shoot last year. Didn't get one myself but saw them on the table, he was really playing up to the camera, with people pretending to punch him in the face and him pretending to be getting knocked out. That was touching of all kinds, and he didn't seem to mind, and he's the one person I thought would be a complete prima donna and not have anyone near him.

Fair play to him, he proved me wrong!

If a guest has specifically asked not to be touched the crew would subtly inform the attendees as they come in. It's pretty rare, I've not known it happen all that often. One I remember was because the female guest was "goosed" near the start of the shoot and so ask for no touching after that.

Good to know we'll be made aware. And I remember that incident. Stupid person and poor guest.

I have to admit, as a male, when I put my arm around a female guest my touch is extremely light on their waist. It's not the whole 'hover' - that does look a bit silly - but I can sympathise with people who try to be (perhaps overly) polite in these situations.

im very shy, ive never asked for poses or gone for anything special, but I always put my arm around the guests and touch (I never knew there was a term for no touching on the attendee part lol, I dont really get that, cos if its the attendees choice not to touch then why put your arm around the guest?), the only time ive come across a guest specifically not wanting touching was lis sladen (rip) last year and patrick stewart (unofficial?) last year

I've not had any photoshoots before (mainly coz I've not been to these events since '06) but in general photos I have always put an arm around the guest and I've never once had any say "please no touching" or anything, and they certainly never said no to hugs, so my answer would be no, it's not something I do. I've never heard of Hover Hands to be honest.

:D