AMAZING GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT

I know it's pretty popular in many countries, but not popular enough that you know the actor's names unless you watch the show.

I just hope the "amazing guest announcement" is a big star, even for those of us who don't watch Dr. Who.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's a first time for SM then could it be Mark Hamill?

Hope it is Mark Hamill.

Michael.J.Fox ?

Would be ideal since Christopher Lloyd is going to be here...

Harrison Ford ? no chance

No way would it be Harrison Ford, the last time he was over here was at the Morning Glory Premiere and he was totally hounded by Fans, Collectors and Dealers alike.

It's actually quite popular in the US but considering this convention is within the UK a Dr Who guest such as David Tennant would be considered to be really big & amazing since its the most popular sci-fi show in the county.

And also we all know just how loved he is no matter what he does :thumbup::whistling:

My top guesses are

Michael J Fox :clap:

The reason for this is that Lea and Christopher will be there,and he has never come to the UK before to a convention.It would be one of my wildest dreams to meet him. My two kids adore him in BTTF :thumbup:

Sigourney Weaver- :WAVE: Sigourney was the person I thought of immediately. But, using the word "fantastic" makes me think it could be her(that wasn't used for Cary! Hmph! :whistling:) That would make my jaw drop if it was her....

Hugh Jackman comes to mind also,as I know he is in the country promoting a charity. Wow. That would be cool.

:wub:

Simon Pegg. Homegrown talent. Simon I bet would be awesome! :D

Here are some random names I immediately thought of!

Edward Furlong????

Arnie-I would be on the floor if he came!! Although I think its unlikely

Mark Hamill

Harrison Ford!!! :o

I have no clue other than these....

Oooh, should be interesting to see who it is. I'm hoping somone more varied and known for a few things such as Harrison or Sigurney. If it's a Doctor Who cast member (or ex-member) I'd go for Christopher Ecclestone. David Tennant would be my fave choice but given that he's doing theatre as of the end of the month I doubt he'd be available. Would LOVE Karen Gillan! Also, Bill Murray would be amazing too! I would say Mark Hammil but I know he's done signings.

Gillian Anderson, as someone above said, would be awesome! And even though she's said she won't sign X-Files stuff, remember we had Denis Lawson last year at a con and he'd said he wouldn't sign Star Wars things again.

David Tennant would be my fave choice but given that he's doing theatre as of the end of the month I doubt he'd be available.

On the other hand that does keep him tied to London....

Funny thing is this announcement might be the difference between me going as usual, and not for the first time since I started.

David Tennant...And also we all know just how loved he is no matter what he does :clap::thumbup:

He's in the remake of Fright Night with Colin Farrell playing Roddy MacDowell's role. That's all I care about him at the moment.

I'm sorry, but Dr. Who isn't that big outside the UK that some of the stars are household names.

Personally, I'm hoping and putting my guess on Sigourney Weaver.

SM never said an 'amazing guest' = 'household name' though. And they've never been contemporary big A list Hollywood players like Siggy Weaver. BTW, why are people name dropping Bill Murray and Micheal J Fox (I know Lloyd is there but he has PARKINSONS)???

Kenny's done some before.

You did realise they were joking, right? :D

Edited by nicky

Just to add a friend's idea.. she's a massive Doctor Who fan (surprise surprise, lol!) and is another who thinks it may be Matt Smith. She said he's the first name that came to her. She'll probably hate me for going if it IS him to be announced :clap: but soooo many of these names are brilliant possibilities.

Still... roll on 7pm :thumbup::D

Because the opening post said Sci-fi, I have to think it is someone who has been in a few different sci-fi tv shows/movies rather than a guest from a specific show.

If it was a Doctor Who guest would they not have said "for all you Doctor Who fans attending" rather than "sci-fi fans".

Sigourney Weaver is (i think) the most realistic guess so far (Alien, Galaxy Quest, Avatar, Paul, Ghostbusters, Wall-E) but then again she has done signings in the states.

Has Mark Hamill not done UK signings before?

Alan Rickman apparently doesn't sign HP stuff.

Harrison Ford hates signing in general (unless it's a private signing).

Michael J. Fox concentrates on charity stuff since he became sick.

Arnie, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Bill Murray...kinda unlikely.

Jeri Ryan (Dark Skies, Voyager), Ian Holm and Rutger Hauer seem a bit more likely though.

Please let it be Gillian Anderson or Anyone for The X-Files!!!

How about David Duchovny

I like your thinking, we must be like the only X-Files fans here!

It won't be someone from the X Files. I'm an X fan and was over the moon when they got William B Davis last year BUT Mitch Pileggi isn't a first time UK signer he did somethig 2 years ago and Gillian won't sign anything to do with the X Files anymore as she says she's moved on from it and David has been quoted as saying he doesn't do conventions as he doesn't believe in making the fans pay...

Sorry to crush anyones hopes but i've been waiting for people since 2003 and only ever 3 X File guests have been over. :D

I'll just sit back and await the announcement now.

I got Gillian to sign my Scully photo last year outside of A Doll's House, or maybe that was a few years back now?

It's probably quite deceiving as the last person who was announced as never having signed before was Denis Lawson who had done at least 1 signing previously. Nearly everyone that people think of have done at least 1.

Mark Hamill did Celebration Europe, Sigourney has done at least the Edinburgh festival signing a couple of years ago, Karen Gillan has done a few, one of which I met her at, so who knows, most people we think of have done a signing

I'm not sure if he has done one or not, but my guess is Bill Paxton

Rutger Hauer has attended Collectormania.

oh yeah, I tried searching the forum just for his name in topics but tried again and found it under someones post ........C2 or C3 it seems.

The previous events sub-forum can be hard to navigate at times.

Maybe at some stage someone could create a sticky forum with a list of all the guests who have attended a showmasters event since they started way back.