AMAZING GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT

Sigourney Weaver is (i think) the most realistic guess so far

The most realistic?? She's always been unrealistic to me for SM. She's done sooo much more than just sci-fi too I doubt SM would describe her that way (Ghostbusters, Gorillas in the Mist, Heartbreakers, Working Girl, The Village)

As for Bill Paxton, he also has done soooo much more than sci-fi (Titanic, Twister, Tombstone, True Lies, Trespass, Near Dark). Would love to meet him though, been waiting since LFCC2 in 2004.

I think Jeri Ryan is most realistic.

Edited by nicky

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe at some stage someone could create a sticky forum with a list of all the guests who have attended a showmasters event since they started way back.

There used to be a link to a list past guests on the Collectormania website. But I just checked and it seems that one went away with the site re-vamp.

I'll check with SM towers if this can be added in some way again.

The page is still there, QS - the link has just been removed from the revamped site. Here's the link - that's all the Collectormanias up to 14, in 2008.

Excellent, cheers

also new guess is Wil Wheaton .....I reckon the SM team met him in Germany at the same time as RDA and persuaded him to come over.

If so I advise people to book his talk asap as they are legendary.

The page is still there, QS - the link has just been removed from the revamped site. Here's the link - that's all the Collectormanias up to 14, in 2008.

Ah Collectormania 13, the first one I went to where I only met John Barrowman. Back then I didn't have money being a student though so could only afford his, nowadays I meet at least 5 guests each time and go to others like The Hub...

In my ideal little fantasy world this would be Michael J Fox, that guy has been my most loved crush since the Family Ties days!!!!

In reality though I reckon David Tennant would be cool, don't really like Dr Who but loved him in Blackpool!!!! Or failing that Big Bang Theory guest would be awesome, cannot believe I'm not going to be around at 7 for this!! :unsure:

Please let it be Gillian Anderson or Anyone for The X-Files!!!

How about David Duchovny

I like your thinking, we must be like the only X-Files fans here!

It won't be someone from the X Files. I'm an X fan and was over the moon when they got William B Davis last year BUT Mitch Pileggi isn't a first time UK signer he did somethig 2 years ago and Gillian won't sign anything to do with the X Files anymore as she says she's moved on from it and David has been quoted as saying he doesn't do conventions as he doesn't believe in making the fans pay...

Sorry to crush anyones hopes but i've been waiting for people since 2003 and only ever 3 X File guests have been over. :unsure:

I'll just sit back and await the announcement now.

I got Gillian to sign my Scully photo last year outside of A Doll's House, or maybe that was a few years back now?

Really? Was it just a picture of her as Scully though with no X Files words in sight?

You are right it dose say Ryan Reynolds is is the mystery Guest that website is never useully rong

Wikipedia can be edited by anybody.....it is wrong a lot!!!!

It also says it has got attending Simon Pegg Taylor Swift Matt Smith and Karen Gillan. i think yout right it dose seem rong

You can check the revisions to see those just added, I imagine it's someone on here trying to wind everyone up -.-

Ryan Reynolds added April 9th, but let's be honest if it's not on here it isn't likely.

Still hoping for more Game of Thrones stars. Wondering... if it is MJF then whether a cast shot will be on offer with the Delorian on Sat.

Perhaps that's why there's no Delorian & Doc shot Sat as Fox is only there Saturday, so Fox and Doc shoot Saturday with Delorian and just Doc/Delorian Sunday?

Hmmm may need to expand my budget if my theory is correct

Edited by Sasari

You can check the revisions to see those just added, I imagine it's someone on here trying to wind everyone up -.-

Ryan Reynolds added April 9th, but let's be honest if it's not on here it isn't likely.

Glad to see it's been corrected. :unsure:

I imagine it's someone on here trying to wind everyone up

Definitely. I must point out (as I posted the original link) that it's not me, though.

We wouldn't think that of you. Though it is naughty of them, certainly got my hopes up for a second or two, lol! :unsure:

Edited by Tina197

SM never said an 'amazing guest' = 'household name' though. And they've never been contemporary big A list Hollywood players like Siggy Weaver.

I know SM never said that. You should have read who I was quoting, I was agreeing with him as to what an "amazing guest" is. Amazing should be in general. Even if I'm not a fan of James Cameron, he's still a pretty damn amazing guest that everyone know. That's why it would be "amazing" if they got someone like Sigourney Weaver to attend.

I also wonder why so many are guessing Michael J. Fox. Is it even possible for him to sign stuff for hours and hours? I wouldn't be too sure of that.