How do you look after your autographs?

Avengers7

They are about £20 for a box of 100 the trading card dealers usually have some and you want Ultra Pro acid free sleeves. They may be able to be found cheaper online, though I'm not sure where.

As for keeping them. Well I used to have a lot on display on the wall, but took them all down and now file them in the above mentioned sleeves and in folders. A friend of mine even keeps hers in a fire and waterproof safe!

They are about £20 for a box of 100 the trading card dealers usually have some and you want Ultra Pro acid free sleeves. They may be able to be found cheaper online, though I'm not sure where.

As for keeping them. Well I used to have a lot on display on the wall, but took them all down and now file them in the above mentioned sleeves and in folders. A friend of mine even keeps hers in a fire and waterproof safe!

I used to put them in a photo album but now I put them in the Ultra Pro sleeves and the sleeves go in a folder called the box from Staples.

Edited by gem-sanders

I don't have that many (I'm not that fussed about the autographs themselves) but I bluetack them to my door, and the wardrobe. Same with photos of family/friends. I want to be able to see them, not put away into an album.

Though I'm running out of furniture space...

Edited by KrazyKid197

Wheres the best place to get the acid free plastic wallets and any ideas how much they are??? I need like 300 of them

Forbidden Planet sell them, they have an online shop so have a look there. If you can wait for the event I'm sure there will be someone there selling them.

My fiance and I are trying to get most of ours up on the wall, it will also help us to sort through the others and decide which ones we no longer want, cause some actors (god only knows why) we have like 3/4 autos from them, and we really do not need that many of anyone.

We put a mount round the photo (with the sig on) so that the photo isn't touching the glass, then it gets framed , and we use protective glass as well.

The rest, well some are in special albums like the ones people above have mentioned and the others are just in normal, none asid free sleeves, with either plain white paper or grease proof kitchen paper in-between the auto and the outside of the sleeve, its always worked for us....

B)

LLAP :angel:

Edited by zebredy

I keep mine in the autograph holders in my drawer in my room. I've only got a small amount but if collection gets bigger it would be nice to put them in a folder or something but im not sure what is best to do with them. Any ideas from people and where is best to get them?

I only get DVDs or posters signed, that's the best thing for multiple sigs as I can add more to it as times passes - I don't like to have just one sig on one 10x8 all to themselves unless it's a director in which case they'll sign a 10x17 mini-poster.

i put them in black frames so they all match. we are moving house this week and i was hoping to hang them all in the hallway, like a hall of fame lol. but we arn't allowed to put anything on the wall so i'm going to have to re-think what to do with them. i have some ideas but will have to see how much room is left one we got everything else in.:WINCE:

I've got a few on the wall in the office but like Nicky I prefer posters multi signed - they look better and take up less room.

The other 10x8's are in a photalbum!!

I used to have loads on the wall in an older office which got burgled (it wasn't insured) so lost (brings tears to my eyes) - Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness (both in person sigs), De Niro, The Krays and a very rare sebastian shaw (old anakin in return of the jedi) plus about 20 others. They never apepared on ebay so were probably dumped somewhere (most were personalised)

That's why I only display a few now

• 2 weeks later...

I keep mine in the top loaders you can buy from the comic book stands at Collectormania. Does anyone know if they are acid free, I've never thought about it before?

Edited by Ophelia

I keep mine in the top loaders you can buy from the comic book stands at Collectormania. Does anyone know if they are acid free, I've never thought about it before?

id like to know that as well

i would also like to know that, i assume so seeing as the dealers sell them and they are like £1 each so i dunno maybe someone could help us out haha

i have a few autos from bands and stuff not on 8x10's but the 5 lost guests i have on 8x10's are in them hard plastic wallets and bluetacked to my lockdown:P cabinet thing haha where i stuck my pass and pictures :)