Major improvements for this years LFCC

• Showmasters Admin

Hi Everyone

WOW its been a full on month with all the other events and this our biggest event of the year .

Now i wanted to come on here and bring you all up to speed on whats planed and what we have for you this year.

Things that needed to be fixed from last years event:

This year we have looked at the issues we had last year and the main one was space in the hall

So we have put in many more carpeted chill out zones all over the show that you can go to and take some time out to chill with your fiends and work out your plans for the day.

This has been our most important fix from last year and we needed to get this right for you all so you will see we do listen and this issue from last year has been resolved.

Being able to book the two main halls compared to last year when we only had one of the two massive ground floor halls: this has really made a much bigger difference to the event in how much easier it is to get around and get from A to B. So with the venue being able to give us the the total building to us we now have no space issues at all.

The guests this year will also be on one main floor. So you will not have to be going up and downstairs unless you need to go somewhere. There may be a shoot with a car that will be downstairs, but apart from this you should be able to get all your photo shoots and autographs mostly on one floor. :-)

YALC this year has more authors attending more than ever before and remember the authors autographs are free with one of there books! So take a look at who's going to be there and bring your books along. It's a great chance to get your books signed and its all FREE :-)

This year our headliner guest list is full of very rare guests that either have never signed before or are very rare singers. So do not miss this chance to meet some of them as it maybe the one and only chance you will get to meet them. There are two or three names that we have worked on for over 5 years to get them to attend or come back, so if you care do bother to meet them. Just a heads up on that, just because you see then on the site as a signing guest please do not expect them to become regulars. This year we have many really rare guests thats what we worked on hard this year to deliver.

We are still working on more guests of for this years LFCC and one or two big names also as it's easier to book some of them the closer we get to the event. Sso keep an eye on the web page and we will inform you as and when we get new guests.

One last thing: in the next few days we will be announcing our plans to improve and also give big cash prizes for our cosplay competitions. So do check that out as we intend to make Cosplay a much bigger aspect of all the events we are involved with going forward, with some amazing prizes and with more stage activities that you can all take part in. We see how much time and effort goes into what you wear at Comic Con and we want to support and encourage you all to really go for it. So tune in over the next week for big news on this part of Comic Con. :-)

Well i just wanted to bring a few things up and talk over what we have planned for you all and there is much more to come. We look forward to seeing you all in 7 weeks.

thank you for your support now and over the years.

Jason

• Like 5

I think it's going to be interesting to see what you guys have done taking on board comments from last year. Having more chill out zones is definitely a good shout and having autographs on the one level, personally I would like some litter patrol, the amount of discarded rubbish lying on the floor drove me mental...

• Showmasters Admin

agreed we will have more bins located around the place than last time , it helps if people also use them it just makes keeping the place a bit more tidy i totally agree :-) but again the major issue was getting around and the cleaners will be able to do there job much better as they will be able to get around much more , it should be fixed also :-) but good point.

and as we say we have a lot we have gone over and have improved this year so i think you will all be pleased and it will help the weekend be a lot more fun.

Jason

• Like 1

agreed we will have more bins located around the place than last time , it helps if people also use them it just makes keeping the place a bit more tidy i totally agree :-) but again the major issue was getting around and the cleaners will be able to do there job much better as they will be able to get around much more , it should be fixed also :-) but good point.

and as we say we have a lot we have gone over and have improved this year so i think you will all be pleased and it will help the weekend be a lot more fun.

Jason

Was too tired to pick up the rubbish and throw it at the litter bugs I witnessed so silently eyeballed them from the floor instead :poki:

Edited by Zonky
  • Like 1

Sounds very PEELING, Last year was very hot in there, I don't want to be BAKED again, will you have more fans arounds the place, Last year I was there from start to Finish and was totally SMASHED afterwards. My mate EDWARDS had to carry me home. I'm glad SM has got to the ROOTS of the problems. Well done SM :whistling:

• Like 1

Already excited about announced guests, especially Ron Perlman and Dolph Lundgren, I would actually be fine if it stays as is.... But I wouldn't mind getting a few more, will keep my eyes open for those possible upcoming 2 big guests.... Guessing games for those maybe, it's been a while.... So with no clues I'm gonna say JC Vandamme and Eddie Murphy

Edited by mrvega
  • Like 1

This is great news, that the guests are on one main area. will this be the same for photoshoots too? always enjoy LFCC and glad you have more space this summer

Yes, the first posts already says that all photoshoots will be on one floor.

"The guests this year will also be on one main floor. So you will not have to be going up and downstairs unless you need to go somewhere. There may be a shoot with a car that will be downstairs, but apart from this you should be able to get all your photo shoots and autographs mostly on one floor. :-)"

This is great news, that the guests are on one main area. will this be the same for photoshoots too? always enjoy LFCC and glad you have more space this summer

Yes, the first posts already says that all photoshoots will be on one floor.

"The guests this year will also be on one main floor. So you will not have to be going up and downstairs unless you need to go somewhere. There may be a shoot with a car that will be downstairs, but apart from this you should be able to get all your photo shoots and autographs mostly on one floor. :-)"

Cool, sorry i missed that part when I read it my bad :) Looking forward to the event