General Chat

Wrong Name

33 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Did anyone else think last nights episode of Doctor Who was really weird? :eek:

Really, really weird. :lol:

It was the worst of the season so far in my eyes. It was very boring and the characters were uninteresting. The sub plots seemed irrelevant to the main story (the pregnant man one especially) and just dragged it out. The pting was a rubbish monster in my opinion. Most deadly creature in the universe? I don't think so. It was more funny than anything else and I couldn't take the story seriously.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

It was the worst of the season so far in my eyes. It was very boring and the characters were uninteresting. The sub plots seemed irrelevant to the main story (the pregnant man one especially) and just dragged it out. The pting was a rubbish monster in my opinion. Most deadly creature in the universe? I don't think so. It was more funny than anything else and I couldn't take the story seriously.

Auwtch, never though I'd hear a Whovian badmouth an episode of Dr Who that much :o

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Thought I was the only one. That episode just didn't work for me at all. I ended up playing Candy Crush just to relieve the boredom!

:headscratch:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kurdamoni said:

Auwtch, never though I'd hear a Whovian badmouth an episode of Dr Who that much :o

We probably bad mouth our show more than people who aren't fans. We're very picky (or at least I am). :lol:

If an episode is of poor quality I won't defend it simply because it is a Doctor Who episode. If it is bad I will say so, and unfortunately yesterday's episode was shockingly poor in my opinion.

There's a surprisingly large number of episodes in the show's history that I really do not like. Luckily there are many more good episodes that bad though.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, natedammit said:

I thought it was the least annoying episode of the new series, mostly because there was less hitting me over the head with political or 'pc' messages. I really hope that continues.

Next week: The Partition of India.

Never mind.

I haven't seen it yet but I do agree, as much as the Rosa ep was good, and Who in a way is a good show to highlight historical/political tragedies with it's premise, it is a sci fi show and not a history program so it would ruin it a bit if they thought they could be clever and politically correct with every episode.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I thought it was the least annoying episode of the new series, mostly because there was less hitting me over the head with political or 'pc' messages. I really hope that continues.

Next week: The Partition of India.

Never mind.

Spot on. Stop with the preaching and just entertain us!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

I haven't seen it yet but I do agree, as much as the Rosa ep was good, and Who in a way is a good show to highlight historical/political tragedies with it's premise, it is a sci fi show and not a history program so it would ruin it a bit if they thought they could be clever and politically correct with every episode.

I read that they have scrapped a tradition by not doing a xmas special, but a new year instead.. after reading the comments here..it might deal with brexit then. I can accept when tv-shows and movies sometimes deal with touchy subjects but they should not preach it. It could actually backfire. For me, music have done that in some occasions..when it got too much.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

I read that they have scrapped a tradition by not doing a xmas special, but a new year instead.. after reading the comments here..it might deal with brexit then.

Now there's an idea for the X-mas or New Year special. Brexit - The Dalek Master plan. Think this would be a ratings winner. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

My verdict on the episode must now seem really over-the-top compared to that. :lol:

No, if you don't like it you don't like it, I can see what you were saying - the characters are forgettable and the sub plots are really just there to develop the companions, to help them come to terms with their issues .  I didn't have an problem with the Pting after they explained what it was after, it made more sense then, before that I was thinking 'why on earth is it running all over the ship?  Just hunker down in one spot and eat yourself happy if there's nothing they can do to remove you'

• Like 2