Jump to content
showmasters

Guest Cancellation - Megan Fox

Recommended Posts

I knew when she was announced that there would be a massive chance she would cancel but that didn't stop me from buying 3 photoshoots with her :angry::angry::angry:
I just really hope i get the money back in my account by friday as i have already made a list of replacement photoshoots that i will be purchasing with the refund :D:D:D
I think Showmasters may just have that one last guest announcement to make in the next day or two, does anyone know if Jessica Alba is free next weekend? :P:P:P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointed is she now unavailable but I find myself saying in these situations ‘You can be captain of your ship but not of the sea’. Just steered my excitement, and the forthcoming refund, into seeing someone else, thanks to SM for the choices.

I have read through the comments of this announcement and having seen it shift tone, I found myself shaking my head.  I would have preferred to read much more people’s best wishes and comments asking for her to return soon (Should she ever read these) so she would know we want to see her should the opportunity arise.

For those that are unaware, you are on a forum with a community of people that, from what I read regularly, are proud that SM has given them the opportunity to meet amazing talented people. People that have entertained us with genres that have us watching them over and over again.

Hi Megan Fox. All the best and fingers crossed we see you again soon. :yoda:

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've felt so bad for the mods and community the last few days, they've done all they can to help with people's questions and worries, they don't deserve the entitled attitude of some of the posts I've seen. I have multiple guest cancellations and I can honestly say I'm just as excited to attend the event as I was when I originally booked, plenty of amazing guests and exhibits to see, lovely people to meet from the community and so much to do. Thank you mods and forum posters for the amazing job you're doing sorting all of this and for the Event organisers for doing everything possible to make it an interesting and exciting show, I'm sorry you guys are having to deal with the negativity of a few.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully they will be able to get her back again, they had Sam booked twice before and it's happening this year, so there is always hope of a return visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Hopefully they will be able to get her back again, they had Sam booked twice before and it's happening this year, so there is always hope of a return visit.

I hadn’t heard he’d been booked twice before, I only know of 2016. When was the other time?

Edited by Wrong Name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only negative part of the Con circus is the risk a guest can cancel, and if it is the only one or one of the few it can really hit you. I understand the frustration but it happens and we all have to be ready for it. And that is something we all have to be ready for all way up until we are at the photo op or auto queue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I hadn’t heard he’d been booked twice before, I only know of 2016. When was the other time?

I'm probably getting confused.  Ignore me ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

I'm probably getting confused.  Ignore me ;)

That makes sense :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CarkinsBug said:

I've felt so bad for the mods and community the last few days, they've done all they can to help with people's questions and worries, they don't deserve the entitled attitude of some of the posts I've seen. I have multiple guest cancellations and I can honestly say I'm just as excited to attend the event as I was when I originally booked, plenty of amazing guests and exhibits to see, lovely people to meet from the community and so much to do. Thank you mods and forum posters for the amazing job you're doing sorting all of this and for the Event organisers for doing everything possible to make it an interesting and exciting show, I'm sorry you guys are having to deal with the negativity of a few.

The real stars on this forum are the mods! :thumbup:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Ignore me ;)

Keep trying but it's proving rather difficult.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

The real stars on this forum are the mods! :thumbup:

I don't think you could even pay me to a be a mod or crew volunteer, given some of the stuff that goes around, and they do it for free! I'll stick to being soley an attendee :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given what they have had to put up with from some people in the past, they deserve to be given lifetime free auto's

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

Given what they have had to put up with from some people in the past, they deserve to be given lifetime free auto's

And it is not only lfcc. Got to remember that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jonjon said:

I don't see how that would solve the problem quite frankly.

Hotels sell out, choices become very limited and can get VERY expensive, especially at this time of year, travel isn't as discounted at short notice as advanced fares.

Shoots and packages sell out with very popular guests, so don't see how this solves the problem.

If an event is cancelled and you picked a cheaper room or seat without free cancellation you wouldn't get your money back there either. Ultimately your entry ticket is just that - entry to the event. Even if its no longer worth your while going, the event is still taking place. I do sympathise, no one like's to write-off £50. Somethings you have to cut your losses and chalk it up to experience. They used to say never book for one guest.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

I don't think you could even pay me to a be a mod or crew volunteer, given some of the stuff that goes around, and they do it for free! I'll stick to being soley an attendee :P

I'd definitely be a mod.

 

But then I'd be the kind of mod who posts in the 'last one to post wins' thread then immediately locks  it.

:clap:

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the guests are the billboard of this convention but some people just need to realise that there is soo much more to do. 100+ guests, the stalls, the cosplay, the gaming zone, the recently added Star Wars zone, Comic artists, meeting like minded people, ... If you don't want to do all of that, that's fine, you don't have to. Just go to an event around that specific actor. SM does everything in their power to give over 100000 people a great weekend and they always succeed (in my opinions of course).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, The_batflash123 said:

Very understandable, I just buy tickets when I book my hotel. The chance that there will be no actors I want to meet is very small. Even if guests cancel, I'll still have a great time meeting new people because I always come alone to these things. Of course if they would cancel all Doctor Who actors in the next week, I will not be so happy about that either but it happens. London is a great city and I'm always happy to be away from home for a few days.

Don't Jinx it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jonjon said:

Personally, I think if a guest cancels, then you should be entitled to your refund AND your entrance fee as well.

Not being funny, but I would imagine there are a lot of people like me who have planned their trip SPECIFICALLY to meet certain guests, then they cancel, so why should we have to pay out over £50 for an entrance fee for guests that are no longer going to be there?

I think that's totally wrong and will be taking this up with showmasters personally.

As stated before that's the nature of the beast, you have to take the responsibility of reading the T&C's beforehand, I think the entrance fee for the event is more than reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upset for everyone who wanted to meet her! Hopefully, she will be able to attend another year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jonjon said:

Why would there need to be separate rules?

It's quite simple really...……………. a guest cancels, you are therefore entitled to a refund.

I think that's more than reasonable if you ask me, but they cant do that can they?

Look I understand your frustration at this cancellation I really do as I also had a photoshoot booked with her, but she is a busy person with a packed schedule I imagine she's not too thrilled at cancelling either but hey 'c'est la vie'...just move on from this let it go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jonny Average said:

Disappointed is she now unavailable but I find myself saying in these situations ‘You can be captain of your ship but not of the sea’. Just steered my excitement, and the forthcoming refund, into seeing someone else, thanks to SM for the choices.

I have read through the comments of this announcement and having seen it shift tone, I found myself shaking my head.  I would have preferred to read much more people’s best wishes and comments asking for her to return soon (Should she ever read these) so she would know we want to see her should the opportunity arise.

For those that are unaware, you are on a forum with a community of people that, from what I read regularly, are proud that SM has given them the opportunity to meet amazing talented people. People that have entertained us with genres that have us watching them over and over again.

Hi Megan Fox. All the best and fingers crossed we see you again soon. :yoda:

Unlike your fellow jon, this is a grown up attitude. Plus a delightful nautical theme.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She is currently working on a docu-series for the Travel Channel & was in Istanbul this month filming.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Starbuck73 said:

She is currently working on a docu-series for the Travel Channel & was in Istanbul this month filming.

 

Ironically looking at her social media she was in London last week or before.

 

My number 1 guest I was going for.  Nothing you can do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you book a tube in advance then? Not heard that one before. 

It’s just part of it all I’m afraid. If a guest cancels, they cancel. A convention doesn’t pay the same in terms of either money or exposure as an actual working job does. It’s unfortunate, and it’s why it’s not recommended to plan a convention around one person (don’t put your eggs in one basket and all that), but it’s just the way it goes sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JaHawk1995 said:

How do you book a tube in advance then? Not heard that one before. 

It’s just part of it all I’m afraid. If a guest cancels, they cancel. A convention doesn’t pay the same in terms of either money or exposure as an actual working job does. It’s unfortunate, and it’s why it’s not recommended to plan a convention around one person (don’t put your eggs in one basket and all that), but it’s just the way it goes sometimes. 

Presumably he means he bought an advance train ticket with a travel card included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×