Exciting Guest Announcement - Next Wednesday 7pm

showmasters

Erm.... ever heard of changing for the better? ;)

You really can't judge a Show by saying "we already had x amount of Diamond guests/ x amount of guests at that Point last year! The list this year sucks." We might very well get better guests or more guests, just later. That was the whole Point of my post.

People have started complaining about the weak guest list over a month ago already when we were more than half a year out. 6 months is a lifetime in convention time.

If this goes on next year we'll have the first worried Posts "OMG the event will be cancelled!" by Christmas.

To be fair, I think people are concerned because of the line-ups for other events (SLFCC, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Newcastle). These events are only a matter of days/weeks away. Over the last few months, the line-ups for these events have not particularly developed or improved. Even though you're saying 'we're months away' '6 months is a lifetime in convention time' people have noticed that in many months, the line-ups haven't improved for these other shows, so the same may be the case for LFCC. I know that a lot can happen between now and an event, and guests can be announced right up until the day before an event, but it's not really happening with the events that are being held between now and the middle of March. And of course people will compare the line-up at this point, to the point it was at last year. That can't be helped. When people are spending a lot of money at conventions, they have to take the line-up into consideration (eg 'well at the moment I only want to meet 2 guests who have been announced. This time last year I wanted to meet 7 of the guests who'd been announced. I think i'll wait before booking tickets'). I know that the LFCC line-up will be fantastic, it always is, but I think the weaker line-ups for other events are what's causing people to be more concerned.

I am by no means intending to start an argument or be insulting. It's simply my observation and a response to QS's post.

Edit: Mods if this post is unreasonable or you think it may cause an issue, feel free to delete it. As stated above, i'm not purposefully going out of my way to cause a problem.

Edited by Sam_Carter96
  • Like 2

If it was Stephen Amell as a diamond pass i think i would have to declare myself bankrupt. Probably unrealistic but a girl can dream! :blush:

I hope so much that he will come, he seems to be fantastic to his fans, you can see this so good by following him on Facebook

If it was Stephen Amell as a diamond pass i think i would have to declare myself bankrupt. Probably unrealistic but a girl can dream! :blush:

I hope so much that he will come, he seems to be fantastic to his fans, you can see this so good by following him on Facebook

He is already a big guest at another con in the UK this year, so might not be likely. Would be awesome though

• Like 1