Latest Guest Announcement - SIGOURNEY WEAVER

The more comments i read like this the more i feel less stressed hahah. I have a photoshoot booked with weaver so im happy about that, but id loveto get a signed picture to and has already mentioned if your there all day you havea good chance, thankfully i will be and have no reason to leave early as im travelling to london solely for this event so i will be there from early morning until im tired or bored frankly. if i leave saturday with an autograph from Paxton and weaver i will be eating take away in my hotel a very happy and tired con goer that saturday evening!!

Really sorry QS if been asked on forum and if wrong Fred but thanks to this great guest I'm interested in updateing to a gold pass but I already bought a weekend pass can I update and pay the difference?

If you email the store with your order details and query this with them, they will be able to advise on this.

Thank you, still debating. cash tight so still trying to work out the risk for missing out on her autograph and how much gold pass would lessen the risk of missing out. Even debating to see if any of you lovely people with a diamond pass would be willing to let me use one of your 5 item slots lol (pay obviously)

I would say having a good pass will definitely improve your chances however, as QS has posted if you're there early enough and go straight to her signing area for a VT and are going to be there all day you stand a good chance as well.

Just wanted to give my opinion on the pricing comments. I have read and gotten alot of comments on facebook about how expensive they think the price is for her autograph, and to a degree i do agree that 95 is alot of money for anyone of us who work regular jobs, but if you can afford it and are a big fan of her then i certainly dont see why you shouldnt pay it knowing how rare she is and what an impact she made on the movie industry. If you can afford it but choose not to meet her, then thats cool too, power to you but move on and dont moan about it being too expensive. your paying a high price for a rare rare guest. do you think if harrison ford appeared he would charge 95?? hell no...way more.

So interms of her autograph, your meeting her in person, watching her sign it for you and hopefully have a brief chin wag, you can pay £95+ for signed photos from dealers on a stall at the show and never meet the person that signed it! I for one would rather pay the price and meet them for the autograph then buy one from a dealer who id never feel comfortable knowing if its genuine or not...unless its someone who you could never meet anyway...harold ramis, laurel and hardy etc.

• Like 3

I'm seriously considering the Diamond Pass for this truly awesome guest. A question and forgive me if this has been answered, but having read the last 18 pages - I don't think it has.

Apart from the Weaver talk on Sunday will all the other photo shoots and talks take place on the Saturday? I'm only able to attend Saturday and didn't want to get the DP if the photo shoots were 50/50 Saturday/Sunday

Thanks in advance

The talk has a day allocation already. Eventbrite doesn't like me right now, so I can't check.

Yes, the rest has been mentioned. ;) The Diamond Passes are called by numbers and have priority. I have not been given any info that it's split as for MJF. If you can only make one day speak to crew.

• Like 1

People should stop whinging.. I don't think anyone can " afford " 95 quid for a photo unless your extremely wealthy..

The point is needs must and the way show masters keep giving us such superb guests it's a once in a life time experience and in my mind.. Life experiences are bbetter than money in the bank so if I think it's worth it from a live experience perspective il find the cash work hard and buy it.

This is a superb superb guest and I simply cannot wait to meet her.

Back to the future, ghostbusters and Indiana Jones are my fav all time films and thanks to show masters I get to meet cast members from all 3. Something up until 2 months ago before I totally accidentally stumbled across these comicon events I never ever ever dreamt would happen.

• Like 6

Was hoping to wait for payday before buying a photo shoot but at the rate these are selling reckon I will have to invest in one asap!

Guessing as there are 2 different shoots that there will be less batches available for each as her time will be divided between them?

Was hoping to wait for payday before buying a photo shoot but at the rate these are selling reckon I will have to invest in one asap!

Guessing as there are 2 different shoots that there will be less batches available for each as her time will be divided between them?

We really don't know until the "final batch" appears in the store. That varies from guest to guest.

I'm going with a positive attitude in that IF I see her it'll be a bonus and hoping for the best

So out of curiosity what is everyone planning on getting signed by Sigourney?

Considering I only have Dan Aykroyd on my Ghostbusters DVD and theres no chance of completing it now :(

And the fact that I met both RIdley Scott and HR. Giger at the same prem - I'm going to get her on ALien.

It's the same thing if you collect 007 as most of them have passed away , it's still nice to meet those that you can meet ;)

• Like 1

I'm going with a positive attitude in that IF I see her it'll be a bonus and hoping for the best

Considering I only have Dan Aykroyd on my Ghostbusters DVD and theres no chance of completing it now :(

And the fact that I met both RIdley Scott and HR. Giger at the same prem - I'm going to get her on ALien.

It's the same thing if you collect 007 as most of them have passed away , it's still nice to meet those that you can meet ;)

This is one of the reasons I try not to start projects because in many cases it becomes quite a mission to finish them because of the reason you've just given:

In 2011 Harrison Ford signed my Fedora and I was more than happy to leave it at just him - until Mr. Spielberg came along in 2012 along with Kathy Kennedy.

I'd never start a Tomb Raider project as my DVD looks good with just Angelina on it.

My Young Ones pic will never be completed now for the same reason Ghostbusters won't.

Although, like you say, it is nice to meet people when you can and have the opportunity to do so just in many cases to say you have, hence why I don't want to miss this opportunity with Sigourney. :)

• Like 1

This is one of the reasons I try not to start projects because in many cases it becomes quite a mission to finish them because of the reason you've just given:

In 2011 Harrison Ford signed my Fedora and I was more than happy to leave it at just him - until Mr. Spielberg came along in 2012 along with Kathy Kennedy.

I'd never start a Tomb Raider project as my DVD looks good with just Angelina on it.

My Young Ones pic will never be completed now for the same reason Ghostbusters won't.

Although, like you say, it is nice to meet people when you can and have the opportunity to do so just in many cases to say you have, hence why I don't want to miss this opportunity with Sigourney. :)

Quite an interesting view on it... I always kind of thought the more the merrier as far as my items are concerned but I totally get see it from your perspective! When it comes to the lead actor/actress I suppose it is nice to have a single auto as it is highlighted more!

• Like 2

Quite an interesting view on it... I always kind of thought the more the merrier as far as my items are concerned but I totally get see it from your perspective! When it comes to the lead actor/actress I suppose it is nice to have a single auto as it is highlighted more!

It works both ways, "Less is more" "More the merrier" it's down to the individual and indeed the item - I just maintain a strict ethos to this for myself as to what I feel is achievable and what isn't.

Some examples:

IF I could get John Williams, Frank Marshall and George Lucas on my Fedora I'd consider it completed - failing that I'd be happy with Alfred Molina seeing it's now more or less a Raiders centric piece.

David Duchovny would see my X Files box set completed

And then in other cases it is all about opportunity - for example yesterday I was deciding on what to have Dave Barclay sign - Fraggle Rock or Labyrinth, considering he's flying over for this I'm considering have him sign both (although Fraggle Rock will never be completed because of Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt having passed away) at least with Labyrinth there are performers who are still around.

Last week I had to decide whether to get Anthony Carrigan to sign my Gotham pic - I'm not normally a picture person, DVDs is where I'm at and I was in two minds as to whether to wait for the DVD to come out in October or start the project now, when both Erin and Anthony were announced.

When the DVD actually is released I'll be only getting the main leads on there (here's hoping we shall see them over here at some point)

Sometimes the more the merrier sometimes less is more :)

#Swingsandroundabouts

From: http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/zones/44-anime-zone

"Gold pass holders will not require a VQ ticket from the popular guests, allowing you to avoid the long queues - Please be aware however that for Diamond Pass Guests you may require a VQ ticket if that guest does an open signing session.
Golden Pass holders will be given priority queuing at the photo sessions- this excludes any photo sessions with Diamond Pass guests."

I am a Gold Pass holder, and have booked photos only with Sigourney Weaver (i.e. I have not ordered a Diamond Pass).

Please can SM confirm will I need a VQ number to be able to join the queue for Siggy's autograph, and I will I get the usual queue-jump perk for the photo sessions?

To ask and respond to the above as has been asked a few times now but I'm dyslexic and want to make sure Im reading right auto queue will work like this!

First Diamond pass holders 1 will be called then 2 then 3 etc once all batches are called the queue will become open for gold pass holders and the first batch of VQ tickets handed out.

Is that right? And pretty much the same for photos

Edited by Merchwithamouthx

"Gold pass holders will not require a VQ ticket from the popular guests, allowing you to avoid the long queues - Please be aware however that for Diamond Pass Guests you may require a VQ ticket if that guest does an open signing session.

Golden Pass holders will be given priority queuing at the photo sessions- this excludes any photo sessions with Diamond Pass guests."

I am a Gold Pass holder, and have booked photos only with Sigourney Weaver (i.e. I have not ordered a Diamond Pass).

Please can SM confirm will I need a VQ number to be able to join the queue for Siggy's autograph, and I will I get the usual queue-jump perk for the photo sessions?

QS has already answered this a few times - If there is a specific guest that the Gold pass VQ perk doesn't apply to, then it will be announced in the thread. Hence the "may" part of the blurb - Sigourney hasn't had any such announcement and as such Gold pass holders will be able to join the back of her autograph queue without a VQ and have priority behind Diamond pass holders at photoshoots.

Exactly why i dont intentionally start projects incase i could neverget everyone i want on it. i tend to stick to just signed photos of the person really in my fave roll of theirs. But reading your mention of The Young Ones, i have the young ones book which is signed by rik ade and christopher ryan, so i just need nigel planer now to complete that so im really hoping i meet him one day to complete that. Not sure if showmasters would bother getting nigel planer but would be cool.

Exactly why i dont intentionally start projects incase i could neverget everyone i want on it. i tend to stick to just signed photos of the person really in my fave roll of theirs. But reading your mention of The Young Ones, i have the young ones book which is signed by rik ade and christopher ryan, so i just need nigel planer now to complete that so im really hoping i meet him one day to complete that. Not sure if showmasters would bother getting nigel planer but would be cool.

Tis always a gamble my Friend, is always a gamble.

Nigel attended with Chris back in 2011 :)

• Like 1

Is something going to be done about this????

EDIT: I've removed the link for obvious reasons but SOME ONE has put their frickin diamond pass for Sigourney on ebay?

*Breathes deeply*

Edited by KingRichard76
  • Like 1

Aww i didnt know, thats a shame :( hope he comes back sometime soon then to another event. would be great to see him. id love him to sign the book. i think alexi sayle too would be nice to have on the book aswel.

Tis always a gamble my Friend, is always a gamble.

Nigel attended with Chris back in 2011 :)

EDIT: I've removed the link for obvious reasons but SOME ONE has put their frickin diamond pass for Sigourney on ebay?

*Breathes deeply*

I was this at £600 as well and it bough my idea of a kickstart campaign so I could get one was to cheeky to try

I think it's a coup that showmasters have gotten guests like Ms Weaver, Michael J Fox and the back to the future cast for LFCC this year. Personally tops what happened last year - Stan Lee, Jenna Coleman and John Hurt etc.

I would love to get an auto from her; but it's a bit much...however, saying that, it's the correct price. IF the likes of Mark Hamill came over, he'd probably be £80, heck, David Tennant charges $100 at cons in america.

QS has already answered this a few times - If there is a specific guest that the Gold pass VQ perk doesn't apply to, then it will be announced in the thread. Hence the "may" part of the blurb - Sigourney hasn't had any such announcement and as such Gold pass holders will be able to join the back of her autograph queue without a VQ and have priority behind Diamond pass holders at photoshoots.

That was my understanding, yes. And because this keeps coming up I have asked for 200 percent iron clad confirmation posted by the office because as this keeps coming up you guys now managed to confuse me officially wondering if I am understanding wrong, and that is an achievement. :P

• Like 2

*Breathes deeply*

Yes, we noticed, and yes, someone's on it. It's a pretty long list this week again unfortunately.

If you notice something like this dropping me a line or dropping SM a line gets things on the way much faster... with all these questions in here chances are it's not getting caught.