Big guest announcement tomorrow at 7 pm

Could list dozens of names I'd like it to be (as could you all I'm sure). However, if it is someone I like my wallet is going to grow a set of legs and kick me up the ass!!!!

KIEFER SUTHERLAND (or William Shatner even though he's coming to DST3).

• Like 1

For fun, Steven Seagal :smile:

Seagal is performing a concert the Saturday night. Doesn't rule out a Sunday appearance though!..

Wow I was unaware he was playing a concert on Saturday night. The Bad Man playing The Blues. I gotta see this, Oh Yes!!!

Well done for everyone who guessed right and are please with the announcement.

Quick question: Any chance of another big/cool/great guest announcement before the shop closes?

Ah, I didn't know that about John Simm. I didn't say he was unpleasant or would never attend. It just didn't seem like his thing to do. Sad I missed him now because I love Life on Mars and I recently watched Prey. His acting in both is superb.

The reason I said that about him hating being bothered when out and about is this article I read:

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2013/may/28/john-simm-doctor-who-fans

"It's great to be into something, but for goodness' sake, really? I'm not the Master, I'm not that evil Time Lord who rules the galaxy, I'm just in Tesco with my kids. Leave me alone!"

Though that could most likely have been overzealous fans screaming "IT'S THE MASTER!!!" and not just someone being polite in saying they like his work.

There's a difference between not wanting to meet fans at all, like at a convention, or being harassed by people when you're out with your family.

Didn't say there wasn't, but I was under the impression he wasn't into the celebrity culture like Jack Gleeson and didn't attend cons. I was wrong. Sorry! :P

Ah, I didn't know that about John Simm. I didn't say he was unpleasant or would never attend. It just didn't seem like his thing to do. Sad I missed him now because I love Life on Mars and I recently watched Prey. His acting in both is superb.

The reason I said that about him hating being bothered when out and about is this article I read:

"It's great to be into something, but for goodness' sake, really? I'm not the Master, I'm not that evil Time Lord who rules the galaxy, I'm just in Tesco with my kids. Leave me alone!"

Though that could most likely have been overzealous fans screaming "IT'S THE MASTER!!!" and not just someone being polite in saying they like his work.

There's a difference between not wanting to meet fans at all, like at a convention, or being harassed by people when you're out with your family.

Didn't say there wasn't, but I was under the impression he wasn't into the celebrity culture like Jack Gleeson and didn't attend cons. I was wrong. Sorry! :P

You could tell that it wasn't really his thing but as the day went on John relaxed and got more into it - he was pleasant and friendly just a little startled I think. and he had his family there for moral support. Surprisingly a lot of the actors are like that - they really don't know what to expect or sometimes even realise how popular they are - I've heard many a time as a guest is going to the photoshoot that they cannot believe all of those people want a photo with them.

I know, I was just pointing out the difference :)

• Moderators

You could tell that it wasn't really his thing but as the day went on John relaxed and got more into it - he was pleasant and friendly just a little startled I think. and he had his family there for moral support. Surprisingly a lot of the actors are like that - they really don't know what to expect or sometimes even realise how popular they are - I've heard many a time as a guest is going to the photoshoot that they cannot believe all of those people want a photo with them.

He said at the end of the day that he'd had a better time than he'd been expecting to. Whether that was enough of a better time that he'll ever do another one remains to be seen. I got the impression that he's actually pretty shy, but he was putting in a lot of effort to be friendly and chatty with everyone nevertheless. (I was his guest assistant, so feel I can say that with a reasonable degree of certainty.)