Warning - Something big on Sunday (27.09 - awaiting update))

We've got to give Jason/Showmasters a bit of a break here. I mean a pre-announcement announcement is better than just getting a last minute announcement when planes, trains, automobiles & hotels have been booked.

I doubt very much that they are holding anything back but just don't have things finalised yet. I suppose an update as to whether it is going to be related to Dr. Who, Marvel, DC, Twilight, Star Wars etc would be really helpful to people but I guess they just can't give that information out at this time or otherwise I think they would have; it's probably to do with a new movie or book which would mean any clue would be a give away.

We're just going to have to wait.

• Moderators

It was simply a heads up to say something might be coming on the Sunday, and if people choose to wait for that or not then that's their decision. Nothing was finalised as of the initial post and that was made perfectly clear.

People would equally moan if something did come off with "why weren't we told sooner?!" etc.

It was simply a heads up to say something might be coming on the Sunday, and if people choose to wait for that or not then that's their decision. Nothing was finalised as of the initial post and that was made perfectly clear.

People would equally moan if something did come off with "why weren't we told sooner?!" etc.

You can never really win with this situation I guess, just like the big announcement guest threads, it's not always going to be everyones cup of tea. I normally only go on the Saturday, but have decided to come both days this time, if the big thing comes off then great, if not, I'll get a chance at least to see all the guests over the weekend as often miss out by coming only one day.

Still, it would be nice to know the current situation. I've got nothing but love for Showmasters but we're your customers, you really should check in with us once and a while!

I know it's really not helping, but the current situation unfortunately is that there simply are no news.

SM will never come on and say "it's not working out" unless they are 110 percent sure it is really not working out. If a statement is posted people will amend their plans. Then things change last minute, someone cancelled flight, hotel etc. and can't come anymore and they're upset. "Why didn't you post this when you were not 100 percent sure it was off?" It has all happened in the past.

I understand the situation and I completely see why they don't announce stuff until it's %100 it would be stupid to post something that might not happen, but this waiting is killing me! it's a mixture of suspense and stress right now, I'm worrying the online shop will shut before I can get an entry ticket because I'm waiting for this announcement and I can't really justify getting to London without having a ticket for the event, especially as if I have to buy entry on the door then by the time I get inside this "something big" will probably be full. I hope that makes sense, I'm not getting at Showmasters, I'm really not, I'm just having a mini panic at my own situation :( ....would it be at all possible to get even tiny, tiny hint? like for example if you said it's something linked to a show I love, I would buy a ticket based on that as I know the chances are I would happy with what ever it might be. also have you ever considered doing e-tickets? maybe this is something you do and I just haven't seen it but then you could keep the online shop open until the event and people could print of their own tickets....just something that occurred to me though I'm sure SM has their reasons for everything they do......okay rant over for the moment, sorry for going on and on but I'm a worrier I can't help it :) .(p.s can anyone tell me how to put paragraph breaks in posts? this giant block of text is an eyesore so I do apologize lol)

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 2

would it be at all possible to get even tiny, tiny hint? like for example if you said it's something linked to a show I love, I would buy a ticket based on that as I know the chances are I would happy with what ever it might be.

I think at the very least this little bit of information would satisfy people, myself included. Fans are understanding and have got used to events, talks & guests cancelling at a moments notice and we know that this is just the nature of the convention business. It just feels like everything is up in the air at the moment and SM are not putting peoples minds at rest with even a little bit of news. Personally speaking, I intend on coming but unsure of the date due to this announcement looming. Now I know that's my own choice but at the same time if we could have any information it would help in planning my day. A bit like Izzy, I worry quite easily and like to have my day planned in advance. Not knowing what day I'm even going yet is a bit of a stressful situation.

• Like 2

i also agree with Jid1993 I was ok to start off with, but now I'm just to annoyed to think about it.

If it is something I want to stay for I am not looking forward to lining up for Saturday refunds as I've saved enough money as it is for this.

I wish Showmasters would stop these BIG warnings and just announce them when it's finalised instead of make pages and pages filled up with Showmasters fans wanting hints and complaining about not able to come on a Sunday!

Wasn't Mortal Instruments a s*** film.

No wonder it needed the LF&CC to promote it.

What a British Twilight rip off.

• Like 1

Showmasters shouldn't really taunt their customers for 3 months without a word.

In future, just keep it to yourselves, then when it's ready announce it as a complete surprise.

A complete surprise is better than taunting your customer base for 1/4 of the year!!!!

• Like 3

I predict a riot... ;)

Fight Fight Fight Fight..... It's like being back at school... :chair: I think it's time to play some music to stop people getting sooo Aggressive on :band: here.. Please guys, it's the end of the world? is it.. :no: The Big announcement is going to shock us.. :eek: some will cry.. :crying: some will be happy :clap: some will be over the moon :YAHOO: some will not be able to handle the Announcement and will be carried off by the men in white coats :stretcher: some will be violently ill because of it.. :spew: But me.. I will wait and wait and know Showmasters wont let me down.

• Like 1

In future, just keep it to yourselves, then when it's ready announce it as a complete surprise.

A complete surprise is better than taunting your customer base for 1/4 of the year!!!!

I agree, should have finalised what they have planned first then made a topic like this saying they'd announce it in a few days etc to build up hype.

• Like 2

.(p.s can anyone tell me how to put paragraph breaks in posts? this giant block of text is an eyesore so I do apologize lol)

Another thing that seems to be taking an age to sort. If I'm on my laptop and can't do them I just copy and paste them in from elsewhere.

.(p.s can anyone tell me how to put paragraph breaks in posts? this giant block of text is an eyesore so I do apologize lol)

Another thing that seems to be taking an age to sort. If I'm on my laptop and can't do them I just copy and paste them in from elsewhere.

I thought I was the only one who had this problem! I couldn't break up paragraphs when on the forum using Internet Explorer. I use Google Chrome now which gives me no trouble on here at all.

Or you could just press enter

Like this?

haha yeah I did try that first :D if only it was that simple *Sigh*

ah copy and paste, I shall do that in future, it's been really bugging me lol, thanks!

If they hadn't said anything, then announced it this close to the event, you'd have a bunch of people complaining that they had already booked tickets to the Saturday and finalised travel plans and asking why couldn't there have been some kind of warning.

The problems have just been caused by the delays in getting the whatever it is confirmed - which is for reasons none of us have a clue about (not even the mods). Whether they gave the warning or not, the organisers were in a bit of a no win position.

• Like 1

Like I said before, got nothing but love for Showmasters but if it is a no win situation, chances are more people will be disappointed (and downright hacked off) if nothing happens or if it isn't as big as they'd hoped. If we can't buy tickets from the online shop before it closes and it happens last minute we're in the same position we would have been in without knowing about this big something. Maybe in future just only tell us about stuff that is confirmed, we all know you try your best to bring us cool guests and stuff and we know you will continue to do so. I think this would be a win win situation for the future. We're a bunch of inpatient excitable nerds with money burning holes in our pockets, you've got to treat us with caution ;)

• Like 3

Yeah i agree on this really, i mean me and my sister are attending both days, so the booking tickets doesnt matter to us, but we are excited to know what the 'big surprise' they are working on is, and as you mentioned some people will be disapointed because whatever they are planning wont be for everyones taste, like if its dr who,torchwood, merlin etc related then it will be a disapointment to me, because i really dont like dr who and those other shows, so again its no win situation.

Like I said before, got nothing but love for Showmasters but if it is a no win situation, chances are more people will be disappointed (and downright hacked off) if nothing happens or if it isn't as big as they'd hoped. If we can't buy tickets from the online shop before it closes and it happens last minute we're in the same position we would have been in without knowing about this big something. Maybe in future just only tell us about stuff that is confirmed, we all know you try your best to bring us cool guests and stuff and we know you will continue to do so. I think this would be a win win situation for the future. We're a bunch of inpatient excitable nerds with money burning holes in our pockets, you've got to treat us with caution ;)