Warning - Something big on Sunday (27.09 - awaiting update))

I got tickets for both days for me and my younger sister and we are both super excited about meeting Brian, especially my sister, shes 27 and loves him aha so we are really excited about getting to meet him and the photoshoot too. i bet he is great with fans isnt he?

very interested to know what the announcement is..im still hoping its related to the AGENTS OF SHIELD tv series, doubt it but i can dream.

I guess all I really need to know is is this big surprise going to be better than meeting Brian Blessed? Is anything better than meeting Brian Blessed?

I got tickets for both days for me and my younger sister and we are both super excited about meeting Brian, especially my sister, shes 27 and loves him aha so we are really excited about getting to meet him and the photoshoot too. i bet he is great with fans isnt he?

very interested to know what the announcement is..im still hoping its related to the AGENTS OF SHIELD tv series, doubt it but i can dream.

I guess all I really need to know is is this big surprise going to be better than meeting Brian Blessed? Is anything better than meeting Brian Blessed?

Meeting Brian Blessed is great, waiting in the queue to meet Brian Blessed not so great. Brian is a real talker, which is great when it's you , but be prepared to wait a while in the queue ! Lovely man.

• Like 2

AHAHA i bet, although we have waited this long to see him so im sure we can wait alittle longer in the line lol. at least we will get to see him chatter with ppl while we wait and decide what to say to him lol

Meeting Brian Blessed is great, waiting in the queue to meet Brian Blessed not so great. Brian is a real talker, which is great when it's you , but be prepared to wait a while in the queue ! Lovely man.

I am disappointed I can not make it sat would liked to have met Brian Blessed and have a photo with him, going sun though don't know why you would say something big on Sunday when nothing is set in stone, people will still be disappointed if nothing happens.

• Like 1

I am disappointed I can not make it sat would liked to have met Brian Blessed and have a photo with him, going sun though don't know why you would say something big on Sunday when nothing is set in stone, people will still be disappointed if nothing happens.

It's a "no win" situation basically. If a big guest like Norman Reedus in July gets announced last minute a lot of attendees are disappointed and say "why couldn't you say something earlier?" That also happened before.

• Like 1

It's a "no win" situation basically. If a big guest like Norman Reedus in July gets announced last minute a lot of attendees are disappointed and say "why couldn't you say something earlier?" That also happened before.

*squeeeeee* is it Norman again?! Is he coming back?! Lol I know you were only using him as an example but I just got excited there fr a second at the slightest possibility of meeting him again lol!!!

*squeeeeee* is it Norman again?! Is he coming back?! Lol I know you were only using him as an example but I just got excited there fr a second at the slightest possibility of meeting him again lol!!!

No, he was just the first name coming to my mind. Sorry. I have no info whatsoever who or what "something big" is.

• Like 1

AHAHA i bet, although we have waited this long to see him so im sure we can wait alittle longer in the line lol. at least we will get to see him chatter with ppl while we wait and decide what to say to him lol

You are quite right, Brian seems to be able to talk on a range of subjects, I certainly learnt a fair bit about his love for boxing, climbing and dogs whilst waiting in his queue a few years back ! Even in a noisy hall, he has a voice that carries so you'll certainly find out a fair bit about him by the time you get to the front of the queue.

Still excited to see if anything comes off this, waiting patiently to see :)

I'm going both days anyway, so will be there if the "big" whatever it is comes off for the Sunday.

Personally I am still hoping for something Doctor Who related as it is the 50th anniversary year and there is a lot of Doctor Who guests already announced fo the Sunday.

Now all I just need to hear , is a special 50th Anniversary photo shoot with John Hurt, David Tennant and Matt Smith !!!!

So this was posted in June, it is now September and we still have no idea what this something big actually is? Did they cancel this or are they still working on it? Some info please.

100% agree. ANYTHING would be better that nothing at this stage. A hint or an update would be appreciated. It's highly frustrating not being able to book anything until this thing is announced.

• Like 3

The hopeless optimist in me recognises that greatly anticipated Marvel sequel is released at the end of October….. Then again they’ve pretty much got our demographic in the bag so why send someone to promote it….

• Like 1

At this rate i'm gonna miss it whatever it is. It's no good when i'm hanging about waiting to book tickets, photoshoots etc, not knowing wether to book Saturday or Sunday, the shop will be closed soon! The first train on a Sunday from me is 10 am so i wouldn't get to London until 1 pm, what's the point in that? Sorry, i know it probably can't be helped but i am getting a tad annoyed.

• Like 1

Now all I just need to hear , is a special 50th Anniversary photo shoot with John Hurt, David Tennant and Matt Smith !!!!

Unlikely John Hurt would be allowed to sign anything Doctor Who related prior to his episode. And I've heard from several sources on the convention circuit David is unwilling to work with Showmasters again anytime soon. Still, I'd like to be proven wrong on that.

The first train on a Sunday from me is 10 am so i wouldn't get to London until 1 pm, what's the point in that? Sorry, i know it probably can't be helped but i am getting a tad annoyed.

That's the trouble with trains on Sunday. I'm in a simaler boat - but I use that to my advantage and make a weekend of these things when I can.

To be honest though, if it's anything that big, then no point turning up at 1pm

Unlikely John Hurt would be allowed to sign anything Doctor Who related prior to his episode. And I've heard from several sources on the convention circuit David is unwilling to work with Showmasters again anytime soon. Still, I'd like to be proven wrong on that.

Good point, yes I am sure he will have contractual limitations prior to the 50th episode. That's a shame to hear about David, hope that is not the case. Still, hoping there will be some big Doctor related event on the Sunday.

I think this wait is ridiculous to be honest, there shouldn't of been a thread like this if nothing is 'finalised' in the first place, as if it doesn't get finalised, everyone has waited for nothing?

I've booked tickets as going on both days anyways so doesn't bother me, just completely lost interest tbh. Feeling extremely sorry for those who are waiting to book tickets and have their plans on hold.

• Like 5

I completely agree with Jid1993. I've never been a situation where I feel like I couldn't care less about an announcement but I'm starting to get that way with this which is a huge shame as I've attended many events over the years and enjoyed every one of them.

The wait since June for ANY sort of of update or information is crazy and I think is a poor show. It's a shame it's gotten to the point that I feel this way. :no:

• Like 2