Warning - Something big on Sunday (27.09 - awaiting update))

Complete opposite of La Shatner...
Unless there have been some radical changes I haven't heard about, surely it's Le Shatner?
Unlikely John Hurt would be allowed to sign anything Doctor Who related prior to his episode.
Allowed? I'm sure he might be requested not to, but I think he can sign anything he wants to.

would it be at all possible to get even tiny, tiny hint? like for example if you said it's something linked to a show I love, I would buy a ticket based on that as I know the chances are I would happy with what ever it might be.

It's all very well sating "I know the chances are I would happy with what ever it might be", but what if the thing it turns out to be is cancelled? Will you still be happy then?
I agree, should have finalised what they have planned first then made a topic like this saying they'd announce it in a few days etc to build up hype.
I'm assuming that when they started the thread, they thought they were about 90% of the way there, and either that remaining 10% has proved way trickier than expected or some other issue or more has arisen (or maybe a combo of the two). Whilst I'm no great fan of SM's mystery hype announcements, they generally only make people wait a few days, so I asume that this one has hit some majorly unexpected issues.

The explanation that tells that whatever SM do somebody will complain is non-sense. Indeed, if they had announced nothing AND nothing is finalised, then nobody would have complained :whistling:

Apart from the people who would complain that there were no big announcements for the event!

Yes but these ones are part of a noisy background that complains for all events. It's like white noise : after a while, you don't hear it anymore

Edited by lams9999

Unlikely John Hurt would be allowed to sign anything Doctor Who related prior to his episode.
Allowed? I'm sure he might be requested not to, but I think he can sign anything he wants to.

IIRC All the photos from Torchwood were removed from John Barrowman's table just prior to the Torchwood launch.

IIRC All the photos from Torchwood were removed from John Barrowman's table just prior to the Torchwood launch.

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC had something in his contract in relation to it. Whether he would abide by that of course would be a different matter.

Three weeks to go tomorrow !!! :smile:

O.K. I am getting just a little excited. There was such a great vibe at the Summer Show, so looking forward to the 5th and 6th Oct !

Still interested to see if big thing comes off on the Sunday, but both my days starting to fill up nicely with autos and photo shoots.

I have the feeling this event could be going the way of last years EMS. It seems to be lacking those top tier big guests that'll pull in the crowds. The closest we have to that at the moment is Jon Bernthal for The Walking Dead fans. Personally I'm going for Ernie Hudson, Margot Kidder and Sam Jones so I'm happy with the line up so far as I really want to meet them all. A lot of the guests for this though seem to be repeaters especially for those who have been regularly attending the con circuit for years. I hope SM can get some fresh faces for this in the next couple of weeks and at least 1 big guest, it needs it in my opinion.

• Like 6

would it be at all possible to get even tiny, tiny hint? like for example if you said it's something linked to a show I love, I would buy a ticket based on that as I know the chances are I would happy with what ever it might be.

It's all very well sating "I know the chances are I would happy with what ever it might be", but what if the thing it turns out to be is cancelled? Will you still be happy then?

yeah fair point and no of course I wouldn't be happy if something got cancelled but isn't that the same risk with any announcement? I just think they should have held back on the hype until whatever it is was made official, but I don't organize these things so what do I know :P I'm really not trying to sound whiney I just want to book my ticket and get excited but I don't feel like I can just yet that's all :/ .....anyway sorry I'm done with being a downer, I really hope it's something to do with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and that I can get a ticket :D

Edited by Izzy

I have the feeling this event could be going the way of last years EMS. It seems to be lacking those top tier big guests that'll pull in the crowds. The closest we have to that at the moment is Jon Bernthal for The Walking Dead fans. Personally I'm going for Ernie Hudson, Margot Kidder and Sam Jones so I'm happy with the line up so far as I really want to meet them all. A lot of the guests for this though seem to be repeaters especially for those who have been regularly attending the con circuit for years. I hope SM can get some fresh faces for this in the next couple of weeks and at least 1 big guest, it needs it in my opinion.

I kind of see what you mean, but it's that old adage of what is a "big" guest ? There's guests from The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, plus new guests like the Power Rangers ones (or at least now to most people I would think), plus Sam Jones with prop and Ernie Hudson with Proton Pack, pretty cool photo shoots. We've got a Doctor in Paul McGann and I think at last count about 9/10 Doctor Who guests with the 50th anniversary just around the corner. We've also got Natashsa Henstridge , Margot Kidder, Michael Shanks and Kevin Sorbo all fairly big guest names I would say, although appreciate some will have met them before. Todays announcement of Veronica Taylor is pretty cool as well. There's the wrestlers as well, although I'm not sure myself how popular they are, but I guess will be if you are a wrestling fan.

I'm happy to see so many new announcements today, even though none of them are on my "going to meet" list. I still have faith in SM and I'm guessing they will release more announcements in the coming weeks. For me, the biggest guest is absolutely Kevin Sorbo, but I'd love to see more guests that would make me say "WOW!"

Not too bothered about this really, I was going on Sunday anyway and if this is something that interests me or is big for me then yeah it's an added bonus but if its not anything I'm going to enjoy well I haven't gone out of my way to see it. Just want them to announce asap really