where would you like a new big signing event to be ?

showmasters

232 members have voted

1. 1. location choice 1

• Manchester
    • Belfast
    • Norwich
    • Edinburgh
    • Swindon
    • none of the above
  2. 2. location choice 2

• Cardiff
    • Birmingham
    • Carlisle
    • Sheffield
    • none of the above
  3. 3. location choice 3

• Newcastle
    • Bristol
    • Southampton
    • Leeds
    • Belfast
    • none of the above

• Showmasters Admin

ok we are looking to start up some new events around the UK in 2012 / 2013 and we wanted to know from all of you as to were you want us to start them .

so please help us by voting and as all polls the more people that vote the better understanding we have of what you want so let your friends know of this poll and we will listen and it will help us bring a Collectormaina near to you .

thanks

jason

• Like 4

I voted as follows:

1. none of the above

2. Birmingham

3. Bristol

Why? Well, in the first category none of the places are that easy to get to for a day trip (with the possible exception of Manchester, but events have been tried there before and they didn't seem to work). I would have voted for Liverpool if it had been suggested (as an Everton fan I am happy to make the trip!).

In the second category I voted for Birmingham as I have enjoyed Autographca and other events held there.

In the third category I voted Bristol because it's a beautiful city and I have been there many times to visit friends.

I voted:

1) Norwich

2) Birmingham

3) Bristol

Norwich would be AMAZING! (But I live there, so i would say that) But I chose those 3 mainly because they all have good transport links to/from London and that's where the majorty of the people in the country live, so it'd be very easy (and cheap for them to get there) :)

• Showmasters Admin

This is essentially a "where do you live near" poll - have you ever had the addresses that you send tickets to analysed, as this would give you a good idea of where people are coming from?

It's not a bad idea but it's far from automatic that because it's near them that's what they will vote for....

I for one voted for events close to friends and family (not near me presonally).

I voted Swindon, Cardiff and Bristol. Swindon and Bristol would certainly be easy for my friend and I to get to, but Cardiff's fairly near to us too. An event around this WestCountry/West of Engalnd/Wales area would be excellent.

The funny thing is, my friend and I were talking about this just the other day. She said Bath would be great, but I told her Bristol would be a more likely choice. :D

• Like 1

1) Manchester - a place north of Birmingham, and South of Glasgow would be nice.

2) Cardiff - Wales should have an event.

3) Bristol - If not Cardiff then the next closest place.

Newcastle and Southampton also intrigue me.

In the third category I voted Bristol because it's a beautiful city and I have been there many times to visit friends.
Maybe I have lived in the area for too long as I don't consider Bristol to be beautiful :thumbup:

The funny thing is, my friend and I were talking about this just the other day. She said Bath would be great, but I told her Bristol would be a more likely choice. :whistling:
I think Bath can certainly be classed as a beautiful city (I much prefer it to Bristol), but not ideal for these events. I agree Bristol is the better choice out of the two.

I voted for Swindon as it's the only one of those that I could realistically travel to for a day (and I don't always need to attend both/all days of an event), Cardiff as I went to University there so it's always nice to return, and Southampton as it's half an hour away from me!

I voted for

Swindon thats easy to get to for me

then none wont be able to get any of them ones

Southampton not been there before and its a place i can proberly get to

some nice idears up there i am still hoping for a con in Brighton

Voted for:

Swindon - nearest place to me

Cardiff - pretty close and easy to get to

Belfast - Gives me an excuse to finally go to Ireland!

Would also like Bristol as it's near-ish and easy to get to.

I voted Swindon, Cardiff and Bristol. Swindon and Bristol would certainly be easy for my friend and I to get to, but Cardiff's fairly near to us too. An event around this WestCountry/West of Engalnd/Wales area would be excellent.

The funny thing is, my friend and I were talking about this just the other day. She said Bath would be great, but I told her Bristol would be a more likely choice. :saiyan:

This ^^ Would really like a West of England area con.

bring Collectormania to WALES!!!!! :saiyan::D:clap: think of all the Dr Who / TW tie-ins :D

Cardiff is such a great city! loads of night light, then for people who might not want to attend but come with family, there is the huge new shopping centre, Cardiff Castle, loads of restuarants and hotels centrally located around the CIA, fantastic transport links towards London with trains every 30mins at peak times, local airport, trains to Birmingham/Midlands...!

*ahem* I also voted Bristol just cause it's fairly local to me and there's good shopping there too and it's only like 1hour20mins ish from London me thinks :D

surfy sah xx

ps-thanks to Crippsy_99 for linking me!

Manchester

Birmingham

None

Trafford centre has a new event centre right next to it that could be an ideal place if you didn't want to do city centres - the only problem with it is no trains nearby although there is regular buses, this will need to be confirmed though, I drive and make use of the free carparking.

Birmingham because its about an hour away from me so easy to get to and good transport links, other events seem to do well there.

Manchester

Birmingham

None

Ditto. Birmingham is close to me and central, easy to get to. Manchester should be reasonably easy to get to for most people too I'd think.

The funny thing is, my friend and I were talking about this just the other day. She said Bath would be great, but I told her Bristol would be a more likely choice. :wub:
I think Bath can certainly be classed as a beautiful city (I much prefer it to Bristol), but not ideal for these events. I agree Bristol is the better choice out of the two.

That's what my first thought was when she mentioned it. I just thought that Bath's not a place a convention could be held (unless it's a small one, lol!), and Bristol would be more likely to be thought of as a possible venue, and more central for people to get to. :D