would you be prepared to pay these prices to meet these guests ?

showmasters

thank you for helping us with this poll it will make a difference   

458 members have voted

1. 1. please pick one of these only if you would pay this amount for a auto

• Jean-Claude Van Damme £45
    • Chris Pine £55
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. same again

• Dolph Lundgren £45
    • Christopher Eccleston £35
    • Karl Urban £55
  3. 3. same and thank you for helping us know your thoughts

• Sean Bean £40
    • Zachary Quinto £75
    • Orlando Bloom £65

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

we have done this before and it helped us make the decision to book a guest at this years LFCC

because of this we learnt a lot from your input and it really helps make a difference when we are looking at guests and costs for the bigger guests .

i know some of you find the poll not effective or guests being in the wrong section , but over all it works and it dose help us understand what you want from us in way of the guests .

one last thing , we do not intend to put up prices of the guests at all , in fact we keep them very fair , as you can see by the guest we have so fare all very fair prices , but a few of the bigger names from film and TV would not attend a event unless they get there going rate and some times these numbers do not add up to a price were we can give it to you at the rate that other guests will attend one of our events for , so if we want some of these guest we have to come up to the bar and make an offer that is close to what they would normally get from the industry .

so do not think we are just looking to increase the amount we charge , as that is so far from what we want , we want to offer great guests and fair prices and also pull in some amazing names and maybe this will be a way for you to meet more of the guests you want to meet .

so thank you for working with us on the poll and thanks you for the feed back

and lets see who we can get of a guest at the next big event the Entertainment Media Show in Oct :D

yours

jason

one last thing please let others know about this poll as it really will make a big difference with us booking future guests thank you

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all

we have done this before and it helped us make the decision to book a guest at this years LFCC

because of this we learnt a lot from your input and it really helps make a difference when we are looking at guests and costs for the bigger guests .

i know some of you find the poll not effective or guests being in the wrong section , but over all it works and it dose help us understand what you want from us in way of the guests .

one last thing , we do not intend to put up prices of the guests at all , in fact we keep them very fair , as you can see by the guest we have so fare all very fair prices , but a few of the bigger names from film and TV would not attend a event unless they get there going rate and some times these numbers do not add up to a price were we can give it to you at the rate that other guests will attend one of our events for , so if we want some of these guest we have to come up to the bar and make an offer that is close to what they would normally get from the industry .

so do not think we are just looking to increase the amount we charge , as that is so far from what we want , we want to offer great guests and fair prices and also pull in some amazing names and maybe this will be a way for you to meet more of the guests you want to meet .

so thank you for working with us on the poll and thanks you for the feed back

and lets see who we can get of a guest at the next big event the Entertainment Media Show in Oct :D

yours

jason

Jason has anyone ever told you that you are a genius?

Ian Holm, Jean Claude and Dolph Yes, yes, yes.

But Ian Holm please more than anyone, he's getting old and we need to meet this legendary actor.

Understand where you're coming from there though I'd replace Dolph with Orlando I think but £65 for him? Not sure. Found this one much tougher than the other one before LFCC mostly due to the quoted prices being so much higher. Not sure some of those are worth those prices but would give it thought if they were announced.

Given the grouping, it'd probably be JCVD, Dolph and Orlando for me.

Edited by Rockstar6662

Voted Ian Holm, Chris Eccleston and Orlando Bloom.

Though, without question, the most important is Ian Holm. As 80sactionfan said he is a true legend and, with all due respect, he is getting on in years so he definitely needs to be snagged ASAP. After having the honour of meeting David Warner and Chris Lloyd, Ian would really round this off as a 'legends' year for me :)

• Moderators

Jean-Claude Van Damme £45 - Would consider at this price.

Chris Pine £55 - Too expensive for me, but would like to meet.

Ian Holm £45 - Bargain in comparison to above. Definitely try to meet.

Dolph Lundgren £45 - Would consider at this price.

Christopher Eccleston £35 - Very good price in context. Definitely try to meet.

Karl Urban £55 - Too expensive for me, but would like to meet.

Sean Bean £40 - Bargain price compared to the majority in the poll. Definitely try to meet.

Zachary Quinto £75 - Would LOVE to meet, but definitely not at this price sadly.

Orlando Bloom £65 - Too expensive for me, but would like to meet.

Hope that helps .. I'd be interested in meeting all of the guests if I'm honest, but there are ones I'm not THAT interested in. I could afford them but would choose not to at those prices.

Chris Pine and Zach Quinto - yes, I love them, and seeing as I have a Spock poster signed by Leonard and Jacob I would probably pay this to get it completed, even though I have Zach's signature on two other things. (But then I am a huge fan, he's my number one)

That is a LOT of money though!

Section one I went for Jean Claud van Damme as he's a major star, and was only saying the other day when I saw him on a tv advert he must need the money err I mean how cool would he be.

Would have gone Chris Pine, but not at £55!

Second section I chose Chris Eccleston as I may pay that for him..though would have gone for Karl Urban if he was cheaper, again, wouldnt pay £55 for him..

Third section I went for Sean Bean as would love to meet him, and £40 is reasonable..

£75 for Zach Quinto though??? Your having a giraff!! Otherwise would have voted for him..

great seeing some JCVD love!

I voted JCVD, eccleston, bean

tbh photo shoot wise id pay all those prices with the exeaption on holm and bloom, im might pay for those but would be an on the day or close to kind of thing. the rest deff!!

• Moderators

Zach's recently said he doesn't like the big impersonal signing events, why not do 'An Evening with Pine and Quinto' and charge for a package and limit it to a couple of hundred tickets?

I can dream...

You better not buy them all!!

As much as I would love to meet Zach there is absolutely no way I would pay £75 for the pleasure of drooling over him. Especially not compared to the bargain price for Sean Bean :)

Chris Pine and Zach would be cool given how good the last Star Trek film was but given what else they've done I'm not sure they're worth the asking price yet, espcially if someone like Ian Holm is only £45. Makes Christopher Lambert at LFCC look like even more of a bargain and I was very happy to pay £35 for him.

But if any of these or even from the previous list (Christopher Lee, Stan Lee etc) are announced I'll give it due consideration.

• Showmasters Admin

Zach's recently said he doesn't like the big impersonal signing events, why not do 'An Evening with Pine and Quinto' and charge for a package and limit it to a couple of hundred tickets?

I can dream...

because

A he is happy to do the odd big event

B running an event for 200 would not cover the costs of booking him by miles as we are talking 10s of 1000s hear

jason :D

I can dream...

because

A he is happy to do the odd big event

B running an event for 200 would not cover the costs of booking him by miles as we are talking 10s of 1000s hear

jason :D

But you could charge 5000 a ticket and the Sarmy would all buy them :D

I know it's not realistic, I was just dreaming

come on JCVD, but ask him to remove his shades/glasses for the photo shoot ;-)

sean bean would be MEGA busy especially at that price. well they all would,

quinto id pay that for a photo but yes that is v expensive for him, bit weird how he values himself more than pine costs wise. Id kill for a joint photo op with pine and quinto, id pay 200 for that (though id cry in doing so)

Voted Holm, Urban and Bean.

But I would pay most of those prices for those people, with the exception of Quinto and Bloom.

Love to meet them both, but not for those prices.

Now I'd happily pay £65/75 for people like Nicholson, RDJ, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L Jackson and others, but not Bloom or Quinto alone, sorry guys.

Holm and Bean, for me, are musts and are bargains at those prices. Urban only just nudged Eccelstone as he is a bit rarer for us in the UK. But either would suit me at those prices.

Hope this all bodes well for us fans :D

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

I voted Pine, Ecclestone and Bean but would also pay the quoted price for Holm and probably Urban.

Quinto would be good but I think that price would be a wee bit steep unless it was at an event where there were only a couple of guests I wanted to meet.

Similar with Bloom though if he was at a show with a few other decent LOTR guests then I would probably be more tempted.