would you be prepared to pay these prices to meet these guests ?

showmasters

thank you for helping us with this poll it will make a difference   

458 members have voted

1. 1. please pick one of these only if you would pay this amount for a auto

• Jean-Claude Van Damme £45
    • Chris Pine £55
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. same again

• Dolph Lundgren £45
    • Christopher Eccleston £35
    • Karl Urban £55
  3. 3. same and thank you for helping us know your thoughts

• Sean Bean £40
    • Zachary Quinto £75
    • Orlando Bloom £65

It's not just down to the actor though is it? No one really knows the decision making between actor and agent etc.

I would have thought the actor had the final say on the matter to be honest, that the buck stops with them and if they had any love for/interest in their fans they would balk at that sort of cost. I can't think of any justification (flights, accomodation etc) for that figure.

If Zach Quinto (just as an example, no disrespect to the guy) did 500 autos in a day thats £37,500. That more than the average fan makes in a year and thats before photo ops.

Edited by Farqhuarbeedlebum

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

But then there are people who wonder why any actor would want to charge ANYTHING for an autograph. In the end, it's an extension of their job and an opportunity to make some extra money. It's a job, not someone volunteering their time or anything. So whether it be £20 or £75, the intention is still the same - to give the fans a choice to meet them if they want to.

But then there are people who wonder why any actor would want to charge ANYTHING for an autograph. In the end, it's an extension of their job and an opportunity to make some extra money. It's a job, not someone volunteering their time or anything. So whether it be £20 or £75, the intention is still the same - to give the fans a choice to meet them if they want to.

But at the end of the day I do not believe that an actor is so far out of the loop that they do not know how much they are asking their fans to pay to meet them.

I would pay those amounts to meet Sean Bean and Orlando Bloom, maybe Karl Urban and Ian Holm but the others personally don't interest me. I'm due to be elsewhere that weekend but if you managed to get Sean and/or Orlando I'd have to somehow juggle things as there's no way I'd miss out on meeting them.

Time to move on?

Nah lets dwell on this for a while, stir things up a bit etc..... kidding

Also I would like more polls.....preferably ones based on this current one, for example

Are you interested in meeting Orlando Bloon

0 Yes

0 No

If Yes how much would you be willing to pay:

0 £0 (not interested)

0 >£20

0 >£30

0 >£40

etc etc

Edited by Farqhuarbeedlebum

That's an odd one that Zachary Quinto at that price considering he isn't what I would call a household name. Fair enough if he had Shatner/Tyson/Stallone/Jim Carey like status but he doesn't and I think that is where the problem lays.

In other words his price doesn't match his "Star status"

In my opinion I think Showmasters should write him off (No offence to his fans) and let it serve as a message that you'll only going to get that price if you deserve it. This would show much repsect to legendary actors like Ian Holm, Sean Bean, John Hurt, William Shatner, David Warner who honestly do deserve that price tag but don't charge it.

For £75 I'd want people on the level of Bruce Wills, Sigoruney Weaver, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Kiefer Sutherland, Mel Gibson and Danny Glover. £75 for a TV show actor who scored a role as remake Spock sends out the wrong message and it may cause other TV show actors and less famous actors to start demanding prices like that too if one of them gets away with it.

It's not just down to the actor though is it? No one really knows the decision making between actor and agent etc.

I didn't mean to start a row.

However I do think its down to the actors themselves that would hav the final say.

The agents/security etc work for them so its my belief they would have final say in such matters as these esp if its a personal appearance not a studio appearance. Therefore this kind of pricing would affect my opinion of them. If they have no say over their lives/jobs then I would be extremely surprised about this.

While I understand what you mean about charging is charging - I think there is charging & then taking advantage of your fans wanting to meet you. Charging £20 is acceptable IMO but charging £65/75 could be a weeks worth of wages for some people & therefore would be classed as taking advantage. IMO.

I couldn't see say Rupert Grint going to one of these events & expecting fans to pay that much....even tho there are plenty of HP fans that perhaps would!!

That's an odd one that Zachary Quinto at that price considering he isn't what I would call a household name. Fair enough if he had Shatner/Tyson/Stallone/Jim Carey like status but he doesn't and I think that is where the problem lays.

In other words his price doesn't match his "Star status"

In my opinion I think Showmasters should write him off (No offence to his fans) and let it serve as a message that you'll only going to get that price if you deserve it. This would show much repsect to legendary actors like Ian Holm, Sean Bean, John Hurt, William Shatner, David Warner who honestly do deserve that price tag but don't charge it.

For £75 I'd want people on the level of Bruce Wills, Sigoruney Weaver, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Kiefer Sutherland, Mel Gibson and Danny Glover. £75 for a TV show actor who scored a role as remake Spock sends out the wrong message and it may cause other TV show actors and less famous actors to start demanding prices like that too if one of them gets away with it.

Look at the price for guests like Jensen/Jared, 5 years back 20 quid for a photo, nowadays it costs in America 80 quid just for a photo!

My thoughts are all fictional, as there would be no way I could attend this event so shortly after the very expensive LFCC, due to being a student and the expensive travelling from Denmark (However much as I'm willing to sell my soul and first born if the right guests were announced ;) )

Jean-Claude Van Damme £45 - Sounds like a pretty good price to me, and I would gladly pay this price for his autograph, possibly even a photoshoot too :D

Chris Pine £55 - Not big on the Trek at all, however the new movie was surprisingly good, though I would almost certainly pass on him.

Ian Holm £45 - 45£ for Ian Holm, I'd be glad to add him to my collection. He's been in tons of cool stuff, and hey, he's Bilbo ^^

Dolph Lundgren £45 - Not sure about Dolph, he seems like a really cool guy around his fans ^_^ , and he's been in some cool stuff, but I wouldn't have an autograph unless I had some extra cash handy after the other autographs I wanted.

Christopher Eccleston £35 - Christopher Eccleston was MY first Doctor, and I still love him for it, he was absolutely FANTASTIC!, for me he is the #1 choice in this poll, and would be great having a Doctor Who autograph people here in Denmark would recognize (only the first season of the new series was ever shown) Autograph and photoshoot would be musts for me! :D

Karl Urban £55 - A high price admitted, but I would love to have the chance to meet him, I always loved Rohan and the various people from there in LOTR, plus he's been in loads of cool stuff besides LOTR. :lol:

Sean Bean £40 - A very fair price that I would not hesitate to pay to be able to hang a Boromir autograph on my wall, and hell, I'd probably bring my collectors edition of TES IV: Oblivion for him to sign aswell :dance: (he's the voice of Martin Septim )

Zachary Quinto £75 - Again not big on the trek stuff, but even to me this price seems a little high, I understand the need to have balance between the costs of guests and what they brings in, but I know I wouldn't pay this much for him, and from what I can read I am at least not completely alone.

Orlando Bloom £65 - Orlando... hmm, yes I would probably pay this amount to get his autograph, mostly because he is part of the Fellowship, and that John Rhys-Davies's autograph looks so lonely without his favorite elf besides him ^^

Look at the price for guests like Jensen/Jared, 5 years back 20 quid for a photo, nowadays it costs in America 80 quid just for a photo!

I reckon as soon as that show ends, leave it for a year or 2 and the price will come down significantly.

Robert Knepper was the villian in a series that ran just as long as Heroes and had a similiarly sized fanbase, he has also been in a number of movies Hitman, Transporter 3 etc(perhas not as high a profile as Star Trek but still) and yet his price point was £15 (and was a pleasure to meet btw) and had a free talk.

for future ref i dont care how much i would pay to meet Ron Hellboy Perlman, even sell my soul. just thought i would share that lol

Met him at a previous LFCC. Rude and disinterested, but still good to have him in my collection.

for future ref i dont care how much i would pay to meet Ron Hellboy Perlman, even sell my soul. just thought i would share that lol

Met him at a previous LFCC. Rude and disinterested, but still good to have him in my collection.

jealous now, i would just like to meet him

Being a LOTR fan is has to be...

Ian Holm, Sean Bean & Orlando Bloom

Christopher Eccleston for Doctor Who.

What he said !!With a side of Karl Urban (also LOTR, slowcoach !!)

£75 for Quinto is downright offensive. At least Orlando Bloom has has a kind of a career outside a well established franchise, fans of which meet ANY main cast from.

With that in mind, everyone else is roughly proportionate to their fame / notoriety, but they must, must, MUST personalise (if required, obviously), and you must, must, must MEET them - not watch your stuff being signed while you are third from the front. If these prices are what it takes to meet the various guests, then let's go for it. I know those that frequent stage doors and film premieres (very) regularly will be sniffy about big money for people they have probably met loads of times, but I need a controlled environment where I'm guaranteed to add them safely to a multi-signed poster, and not risk damaging it.

#prioritiseianholm

Is it bad I actually needed to imdb Ian Holm? :dance:

Muppet !

Guys, I am really sorry, but I had to step in here and clean up a few posts.

Yes, everyone is entitled to a different opinion. However, you not agreeing with another opinion does not give you the right to attack this person and call their posts rude.

This has been a nice discussion with some interesting point of view and I hope we can continue this way. Thanks a lot for understanding!

Wow! I voted Pine, Urabn and Quinto, though i wouldnt get Urban as ive met him before :/ Id definately pay for Chris and Zach though, as they are the last 2 that i need on my Star Trek 09 pic. AND OMG ZACH!! If you got Zach i think me and the rest of the SArmy would proably die XD

When i spoke to Christopher Eccleston a couple of years back, when he was doing theatre, i asked him if he would ever do a con, and he said only if it was for charity. I guess he has changed his mind XD

I voted for Ian Holm as I've wanted to meet him ever since I heard the BBC Radio adaptation of Lord of the Rings, Christopher Eccleston because I've met every Doctor from 3-8 and would love to add the 9th to my collection, and Sean Bean because he's amazing in everything he's done!

I would like to meet some of the other guests but would not be able to afford them at the prices quoted.

• Moderators

I think the way Karen Gillan was at LFCC was the perfect example of how busy a guest can be AND still please the fans. Yes, no one got a full blown conversation or anything, but she was happy, she asked names etc, and she left a very good impression on everyone. No personalisation, but a great experience.

Personally if I get that with any of these guests, I'd come away very happy.