would you be prepared to pay these prices to meet these guests ?

showmasters

thank you for helping us with this poll it will make a difference   

458 members have voted

1. 1. please pick one of these only if you would pay this amount for a auto

• Jean-Claude Van Damme £45
    • Chris Pine £55
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. same again

• Dolph Lundgren £45
    • Christopher Eccleston £35
    • Karl Urban £55
  3. 3. same and thank you for helping us know your thoughts

• Sean Bean £40
    • Zachary Quinto £75
    • Orlando Bloom £65

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea if this has already been discussed as I've been away (thought I assume it has)

...Zachary quinto £75?! What on Earth would justify that to be above Chris Pine even? If he hadn't cancelled Eclipse 1, he'd have been £10, and as Star Trek was at least being filmed at that point, he's not done much else since!

I'd love to meet him, but even to get 2 autographs, it's completely crazy. I'm torn!

...Zachary quinto £75?! What on Earth would justify that to be above Chris Pine even? If he hadn't cancelled Eclipse 1, he'd have been £10, and as Star Trek was at least being filmed at that point, he's not done much else since!

I'd like to coin this as "doing a Crispin Glover". He happily accepted the role of George McFly in Back To The Future but (in)famously declined to be in the sequels later on thinking that he was now bigger fish...even though he was still relatively unheard of for anything else.

• Moderators

i had to vote on the third section , or it wouldnt let me vote, anyway dolph all the way, need to be mixed up , instead of a doctor who convention!!

Hi Simon,

As you've only just joined up, can I please suggest that you don't keep posting anti-Who messages? This is just encouraging an argument with Who fans, and we don't want this.

Showmasters have already said there will be other guests as well as the Who guests, so please leave it at that.

Thank you.

i had to vote on the third section , or it wouldnt let me vote, anyway dolph all the way, need to be mixed up , instead of a doctor who convention!!

Hi Simon,

As you've only just joined up, can I please suggest that you don't keep posting anti-Who messages? This is just encouraging an argument with Who fans, and we don't want this.

Showmasters have already said there will be other guests as well as the Who guests, so please leave it at that.

Thank you.

joined up up as a new member but not new to the whole showmasters scene, but ok i agree with you, no more doctor who bashing!!! hopefully :o

I'd like to coin this as "doing a Crispin Glover". He happily accepted the role of George McFly in Back To The Future but (in)famously declined to be in the sequels later on thinking that he was now bigger fish...even though he was still relatively unheard of for anything else.

Why is this 'doing a Crispin Glover'? While I agree that £75 is too much and that he shouldn't be more than Chris Pine, he hasn't got too big for his britches as Glover did and we fully expect him to return as Spock in the next Trek movie. Indeed he has spoken on numerous occasions of his desire and eagerness to return to the character.

Why is this 'doing a Crispin Glover'? While I agree that £75 is too much and that he shouldn't be more than Chris Pine, he hasn't got too big for his britches as Glover did and we fully expect him to return as Spock in the next Trek movie. Indeed he has spoken on numerous occasions of his desire and eagerness to return to the character.

You're reading too much into it. I wasn't talking about Quintos involvment in the movies. I was highlighting the fact that 2 little-known stars made one film and then after that they felt they deserved much more for subsequent work despite still not being known for much else.

You're reading too much into it. I wasn't talking about Quintos involvment in the movies. I was highlighting the fact that 2 little-known stars made one film and then after that they felt they deserved much more for subsequent work despite still not being known for much else.

But the work you're referring to is, in Glover's case, appearing in 1 or 2 sequels for which he made unacceptable demands while, in Zachary's case, it's the price he or his agent ask for autographs at a convention. Hardly the same.

in Zachary's case, it's the price he or his agent ask for autographs at a convention. Hardly the same.

It might be more accurate to say thats the price they are asking for at the moment. Don't forget he was intending to do a smaller event in Scotland this year, before deciding he wanted a clean break from events for a while. The price might be 'if you want to book him now while on the break' it will cost you that.

in Zachary's case, it's the price he or his agent ask for autographs at a convention. Hardly the same.

It might be more accurate to say thats the price they are asking for at the moment. Don't forget he was intending to do a smaller event in Scotland this year, before deciding he wanted a clean break from events for a while. The price might be 'if you want to book him now while on the break' it will cost you that.

Perhaps. Thing is, none of us on here really know so I'm happy to wait and see if the guest comes and what they actually charge rather than guess. I'll make my mind up on a guest by guest basis and I hope SM continue to push the boat out for new and exciting guests.