Patrick Stewart Photo Shoots

Here's my problem, I don't get into MK before 12.25. If I get my ticket now before they all sell out, and If the photoshoot takes place in the afternoon, (from 13.00 onwards) I'm laughing.

On the other hand, if I buy my ticket now, and the photoshoot takes place in the morning, then I am £35 down, with no way to know until, what, the day itself?

Its a big gamble!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid for my photoshoot. I think 35 is acceptable for patrick considering how rare it is he does these. Personally, when I saw the price i found it completely justifiable. I am happy I ordered it and happy that I managed to get that Saturday off work. This will be my fifth and final photo shoot at cm16 :D ... Too much Trek. Better go speak to bank manager now. :WAVE:

I've met Patrick Stewart twice now, and never found him that way.

For whatever reason, he's agreed to do photos at the event.

I can understand him like others not maybe not wishing to have photos taken before or after when he's in theatre.

Will I be able to get PS to sign my photo shoot, or will that just be impossible?

Depends when his shoot is and whether you can stay long enough if its later and whether you can get a decent VQ number.

All up to you really, unless the shoot is stupidly late in the day.

As I keep having to read through that list of photoshoots, i'm realising this show is going to cost me a fortune! I need to order photoshoots with:

Linda Hamilton

Chris Barrie

Robert Beltran (if I can make Monday)

Kate Mulgrew

Robert Duncan McNeil

Tim Russ

Barry Bostwick

Tom Wopat

Lance Legault

Georgina Moffett

Michelle Forbes

Jeffrey Combs

Peter Kwong

Slavitza Jovan

Patrick Stewart

..and probably more as they are announced!!

f'in hell, can I swap jobs with you?

I don't think people should complain baout the costs, like people have said it's down to agents, I'm personally like GAH should I shouldn't I lol, I think the mans a legend but like 35 quid is nearly the cost of my two Bewley P'S and blake's

CHOICES CHOICES LOL

Will I be able to get PS to sign my photo shoot, or will that just be impossible?

Depends when his shoot is and whether you can stay long enough if its later and whether you can get a decent VQ number.

All up to you really, unless the shoot is stupidly late in the day.

*nods in agreement*

Here's my problem, I don't get into MK before 12.25. If I get my ticket now before they all sell out, and If the photoshoot takes place in the afternoon, (from 13.00 onwards) I'm laughing.

On the other hand, if I buy my ticket now, and the photoshoot takes place in the morning, then I am £35 down, with no way to know until, what, the day itself?

Its a big gamble!

They usually publish a schedule before the event giving the photoshoot times. For Collectormania London that actually happened like a month before or even more as I recall!

So maybe they will do similar soon, who knows.

I'd wait as long as you can before buying. Showmasters will let folk know when there are limited tickets left.

As for the photos, going by his last 2 events (you can see his aus photoshoots here):

http://www.castlephotography.com.au/default.asp?topic=15964

it will likely be Patrick in the Captain's chair and minimal contact etc.

I think £35 is reasonable for Mr Stewart, but as we can't get there until Sunday I'm hoping he can stay on and do another shoot on Sunday! ;) (I'd even pay MORE if necessary for my wife to get a photo with him on the Sunday).

Its a big gamble!

They usually publish a schedule before the event giving the photoshoot times. For Collectormania London that actually happened like a month before or even more as I recall!

So maybe they will do similar soon, who knows.

I'd wait as long as you can before buying. Showmasters will let folk know when there are limited tickets left.

As for the photos, going by his last 2 events (you can see his aus photoshoots here):

http://www.castlephotography.com.au/default.asp?topic=15964

on the captains summit doc they talk about cons dont they, frakes says he had to sign a boob once and loved it but patrick is all i draw the line at bodily contact, or something to that effect. although id love a standing shot and putting my arm around him i think your right, it will be a sitting down no contact affair, which is a disappointment but still its better than nothing, and being a big guy i might get a little closer than the rest of ya lol and anyway malcom usually photos from above the waist so it wont look as impersonal perhaps

For reference here's my photo with Eve Myles. Both of us were sitting there.

eve1-1.jpg

exactly, malcom shoots much closer, and even more so recently. the aus ones cos there full body almost in a sitting position shows the spaces a bit more and makes it look a bit formal and impersonal, still i dont care its still a pic with patrick!!!!!!

frakes says he had to sign a boob once and loved it

.....Really?!?!

Brilliant!!!

:firedevil:

(just kidding!!)

I saw one girl on here at last years LFCC getting her boobs signed, very nice it was lol and all the male guests seem to love it, in fact i think i saw 2 girls doing that.

frakes im sure said that in the captains summit documentary, but jsut from any interview you get the impression he is much more open and jokey about anything that a fan my request.

a talk with him and marina would be preiceless, they are like 2 naughty teenagers when talking together lol and always seem to have a blast

Completely agree, saw a Marina Q&A 7 years back and she is hilarious but paired up with Jonathan/Brent/Michael/anyone as I've seen in youtube clips, it is priceless! Should start a campaign for Marina at Warp Ten I think! Marina and Gates haven't been paired up at a con since mid-90s it seems, would be a great Q&A.

It would be great to have a photo with Patrick standing next to him but I would rather he was comfortable than get a standing shot. A shot with the great man and the chance to meet him is the important thing. Would he consider doing a talk with the other ST guests? Shame he not at London with Frakes that would be great those two in a picy!!! :D

It is nice to get close to the guest and I am having a shot with Avery Brooks this year and I am getting the hug in the fantastic coat - he is such a great guy!!Please get him back Showmasters!!!! :(

Edited by showmasters

Yeah I'm not expecting contact, so I'm prepared if thats the rule.

I'd be quite happy with a handshake sort of thing in the photo though, like presidential pictures lol

But like I said wont be dissapointed or moaney if there's no touching :(