Patrick Stewart Photo Shoots

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine waahhoooo. And I think £35 is pretty reasonable tbh considering what it must be costing SM to get him for us!!! Same price for Shatner and I personally think Patricks a bigger guest. If you don't like it, don't buy one pretty simple really.

I've dealt with the original post, Keith.

Sparky: I understand you being upset about the price.

However, this is no reason whatsoever to post what you posted. We're not tolerating hostility towards other members, and what you posted was way over the top in reaction to Keith's post.

QS, thank you - but it made me laugh to be honest. It just shows the passion we conventioneers have towards our mad hobby!

Edited by keithporter23

I lost my job to become a carer for my mum so money is extremley tight but as I knew this was going to be an expsensive event this time round (just by the amount of guests I want to meet) I have been saving for 2 months so I was prepared for an unexpected guest. I was expecting him to be around the same as Shatner.

got mine thankyou, not suprised with the price as shatner was the same.

Can people stop saying they would be willing to pay £50 upwards. Its giving the showmaster people ideas and people like me could never afford it

Showmasters would never charge more than was needed to cover costs and expenses etc etc. They are really good at bringing us what and who we want for the cheapest possible price

:clap: SM rule! :clap:

:dance::dance: :dance:

Edited by Beechy

Can people stop saying they would be willing to pay £50 upwards. Its giving the showmaster people ideas and people like me could never afford it

Showmasters would never charge more than was needed to cover costs and expenses etc etc. They are really good at bringing us what and who we want for the cheapest possible price

I agree - Showmasters are fans just like us. They want to be able to bring us the best possible guests and this sometimes means prices are a little higher than normal. It is always well worth it :D

QS, thank you - but it made me laugh to be honest. It just shows the passion we conventioneers have towards our mad hobby!

I thought it would make you laugh.

But if I leave something like that up someone can always point to it and say "why did you delete my post and not that?" I don't like setting examples like that. :dance:

Sorry but...no lol Some of us silly people take these meetings way too seriously and so would pay £50

But in all seriousness, SM will never charge more than they HAVE to for a guest. The reason PS and WS are this high is because of the price THEY asked for to appear at the events and do these things, not SM wanting more money.

I thought it would make you laugh.

But if I leave something like that up someone can always point to it and say "why did you delete my post and not that?" I don't like setting examples like that. :dance:

Thanks QS, we should put it all down to the extra hours stress of waiting for the tickets to go on sale lol :dance:

I agree - Showmasters are fans just like us. They want to be able to bring us the best possible guests and this sometimes means prices are a little higher than normal. It is always well worth it :D

Sorry guys its just I get worried one day i will miss out on someone huge who im desperate to meet.

I have a lot of respect for what showmasters has done for me, this time last year before i heard of them if i was told i would have the opportunity to meet so many great people I wouldnt believe them

Look im sorry if i offended anybody in anyway, but i just found the reaction of a swearword a bit too far, hence my 'too far' reaction.

When you have your mum in hospital waiting for a life changing operation, my reaction was a little uncontrollable, my apologies to anybody.

Well for someone huge, like say for example Downey Jr, you have to worry about how much they or their agent would charge SM, not what SM would choose to charge.

SM only charge what they need to make their original spending on a guest back.

Look im sorry if i offended anybody in anyway, but i just found the reaction of a swearword a bit too far, hence my 'too far' reaction.

When you have your mum in hospital waiting for a life changing operation, my reaction was a little uncontrollable, my apologies to anybody.

No worries here. Wishes to your mum. Look out for me if you're at Milton Keynes - i'll buy you a pint!

Edited by keithporter23

Like Keith said, no worries there. Thank you for apologizing.

And my wishes to your mom too.

I explained above why I decided to edit your post.

If you're on here more regularly you get used to the occasional (more tame) swear word. We've heard way worse than that :dance: and it's not a that big deal anymore.

Well I'm just grateful to have got the tickets I wanted and a big thank you to Showmasters for making it happen!

I do have one PS question though, I don't know if it's been asked already, but does he personalise autographs or just sign his name?

Thanks v much!

I do have one PS question though, I don't know if it's been asked already, but does he personalise autographs or just sign his name?

At the last two LFACC appearances he did not personalise.

I think he did personalise, very briefly, a few at LFCC '08. It turned into a open queue a few minutes prior to the talk, and I recall someone saying they just got one personalised.

I am hoping if he is here for two full days then it may happen.

I think he did personalise, very briefly, a few at LFCC '08. It turned into a open queue a few minutes prior to the talk, and I recall someone saying they just got one personalised.

I am hoping if he is here for two full days then it may happen.

Sorry, I completely missed that. :blush:

I remember running from a photosession to the talk and that's pretty much it. :lol: